• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Velcro Fly

Time for another hilarious episode of Joe Maddon Bullpen Hijinx

Just need one out and for right now this is inning is the game.

Put Spencer Patton in the game.

I just don't get it.

Joe Maddon just resigned to lose by letting Spencer Patton walk the entire world in relief here

What... I hate when commentators use a fact like the NESN guys did for Ausmus.

In this K-Rod jam they are like, " What will the Dartmouth educated manager do?"

Like what the hell does that matter... I get that Dartmouth is a great school but at the same time, baseball is baseball.

What... I hate when commentators use a fact like the NESN guys did for Ausmus.

In this K-Rod jam they are like, " What will the Dartmouth educated manager do?"

Like what the hell does that matter... I get that Dartmouth is a great school but at the same time, baseball is baseball.

NESN commentators are some of the worst.

I was able to catch the beginning of the game, and they started to talk shit about Camden Yards and how they really wet the field because Baltimore is terrible at running.

Also, fuck Dennis Eckersley.

BFIB

I stayed away from the thread due to work and the Cards won four straight. Posted today, watch them lose tomorrow.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Why exactly is Swanson getting called up now? He wasn't killing it in the minors or anything...

They want him to be major-league ready for Opening Day 2017. By pretty much all accounts, his plate approach and swing is already good enough to earn the promotion. His AA numbers have been good but not amazing, which a lot of people chalk up (including Dansby himself) to this being his first full season and having to play in that Mississippi heat, which is wearing him out.

Nobody thinks he'll be mentally intimidated by a move to the majors, even if he struggles, so getting him out of Mississippi might be justification enough.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
6Www1CO.gif

Steinbrenner says Yankees fans ready to embrace Baby Bombers

The most important section:

The Yankees are a changin', dropping the age of their roster as they retool in the post-Derek Jeter-Mariano Rivera era, trying to win their first title since 2009. New York started eight players 26 or under Sunday, the first time that happened in 49 years. Steinbrenner said watching fan reaction on social media and seeing how many sponsors wanted to meet young first baseman Greg Bird during spring training were a sign the team's fan base was ready for a rebuild.

I guess social media does work!

MLB may consider limits on pitching changes, shifts

Limiting pitching changes, restricting defensive shifts, altering the strike zone and installing pitch clocks are among the ideas Major League Baseball may consider as it undertakes a multiyear review of the game that could include the sport's most radical changes in decades.

Baseball owners were given a lengthy presentation Thursday during their quarterly meeting of how the sport has changed in the past 40 to 50 years.

"Sometimes baseball fans think about what should happen with the game sort of with an artificial construct, that the choice is between preserving 'The Game,' as it came down originally from the mountain, and making some changes to that game," baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said.

"The point of the conversation today was that the game has changed dramatically. It's changed organically. It kind of has flowed where the competitive juices of managerial and general managerial decisions have taken it. And the question is, you take a snapshot after 40 years of that and you say, wow, here's what it looks like, here's what it used to look like and should we be thinking about what has occurred and whether we want to allow it to continue to go on on the path it's on?"

If implemented, some of the changes could be the most revolutionary since the AL adopted the designated hitter in 1973 or perhaps even since the number of balls for a walk was reduced from five to four in 1889.

More here: http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/347...BO-Owners/id-151d98aabdec4ce8896d351963786089

This isn't brand new, as we've been hearing rumors about this for awhile now. Still not a fan of the proposed changes at all.

I'm a fan of pitching change limits and shifts.

I am interested to see how they would change the strike zone since that is my major point of contention. It is fine as it is just the umps need to be more consistent

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The last thing baseball needs to be riddled with is more complex and arbitrary rules. Shifts and bullpen usage are a cultural thing, you have to just let that change organically.

Y'all need to get yourselves to Petco someday. What a yard, and by far the best variety of local beers in any park anywhere. This place is amazing.

Top Bottom