• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

harSon

Banned
Can the league punish the Cardinals for their obvious usage of witchcraft? Do they ever mess up on an acquisition or trade? I swear everyone they pick up does better, and everyone they trade gets worst. Fucking Brandon Moss looks like his old self, and even freaking Gyorko has 2+ fwar at this point.

BFIB

Can the league punish the Cardinals for their obvious usage of witchcraft? Do they ever mess up on an acquisition or trade? I swear everyone they pick up does better, and everyone they trade gets worst. Fucking Brandon Moss looks like his old self, and even freaking Gyorko has 2+ fwar at this point.

The Moss trade was very under the radar. Once his hip healed, no doubt he could bounce back to his usual self. As for Gyorko, he always has put up good power numbers. Kind of hope he becomes our Zobrist type player.

Its just a shame this team hasn't been healthy w/ a full roster at all this season. The pieces are there, they just need some consistency. Besides, your Pirates have crept right back up to the WC chase as well.

harSon

Banned
The Moss trade was very under the radar. Once his hip healed, no doubt he could bounce back to his usual self. As for Gyorko, he always has put up good power numbers. Kind of hope he becomes our Zobrist type player.

Its just a shame this team hasn't been healthy w/ a full roster at all this season. The pieces are there, they just need some consistency. Besides, your Pirates have crept right back up to the WC chase as well.

We've only crept back into the WC chase because the NL is a dumpster fire for the second spot. We're still not a very good baseball team IMO.

I liked it, but not as much as I thought I would.

Probably because you thought watching the on field product would enhance your experience. Tip at Padre games is to just hang out, drink a lot, watch a pitch or two but generally just go to hang out outside.

Brayan Pena signing this past offseason was a total misstep.

They also gave up this guy for a couple meh months of Cishek. Of course, there's the whole selling low on Shelby Miller thing.

Fangraphs: Noah Syndergaard has a major problem (controlling how much people steal on him)

I don’t remember hearing much about controlling the running game until the whole Jon Lester episode. I mean, it’s always been important, but it was one of those baseball subtleties until it became public knowledge that Lester went a whole season without attempting a single pickoff. That opened up the gates, and, last year, Lester allowed more stolen bases than anybody else. He yielded 44 out of 55 attempts, and the next-worst steal total was seven behind. Lester knew it was something he had to work on. The Cubs knew it, too. To Lester’s credit, this year he’s allowed just 19 steals. That’s still a lot, relatively speaking, but it’s not astronomical.

Lester is no longer the obvious guy to run against. It does help that he’s left-handed. Steven Matz has allowed 20 stolen bases. That’s third-most. Jimmy Nelson has allowed 22 stolen bases. That’s second-most. Noah Syndergaard has allowed 40 stolen bases. That’s first-most. That’s more than the Indians. That’s more than the Royals. Runners have been unsuccessful just four times in 44 attempts. Noah Syndergaard does a lot of things right, but when it comes to controlling his baserunners, he’s got a real problem.

Top Bottom