• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Joe

6w5P3lg.png

Joe

April 23, 2010 - Tim Tebow Broncos jersey sure to be a huge seller
"Although the Broncos haven’t said what number he’ll wear, Tebow jerseys are already selling for $79.99 (half the price of Tebow’s autograph) at NFLShop.com. And if there’s any doubt about how much demand there is for Tebow jerseys, consider that “Tim Tebow Broncos jersey” is currently the sixth most-searched term on Google."

May 5, 2010 - Tim Tebow's Denver Broncos jersey leads NFL sales for April
"Tim Tebow already leads the NFL in one category: jersey sales.

The former Nease High quarterback is, at best, third on Denver's depth chart at QB. But the 25th pick of the first round still had the best-selling rookie jersey since the NFL started keeping track in 2006."

July 7, 2010 - Tebow Leading League In Jersey Sales
"It has been three months, and Tim Tebow still hasn’t taken a single (real) snap under center for the Denver Broncos, yet he’s leading the league in jersey sales."

April 14, 2011 - Aaron Rodgers passes Brett Favre in jersey sales too
"Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints, Peyton Manning of the Indianapolis Colts and Tim Tebow of the Denver Broncos round out No. 3-5 in the Top 5 list."

November 28, 2011 - Esquire Magazine: How Can You Hate Tim Tebow?

December 10, 2011 - Washington Post: Tim Tebow stands at the apex of sports, religion and popular culture
"The country’s athlete of the moment isn’t Aaron Rodgers, who has the Green Bay Packers chasing an undefeated season as he crafts one of the greatest years ever by an NFL quarterback. Nor is it Albert Pujols, whose skills at hitting a baseball are so rare that the Los Angeles Angels agreed Thursday to pay him $254 million over the next 10 years.

No, this is about much more. It’s about someone whose football exploits and displays of faith inspire fans to wear replica Denver Broncos jerseys with his number 15 and “Jesus” where his name should be. A two-time national champion and Heisman Trophy winner in college, he hasn’t mastered the most basic skill of his position — throwing a football accurately to another player — to the satisfaction of many NFL experts.

He is a 24-year-old with a best-selling autobiography, an unabashed defender of his own virginity as recently as his college days, an evangelist in cleats who kneels in prayer on the field so intently that he sparks social media debates about whether his behavior is appropriate."

December 17, 2011 - Denver Broncos QB Tim Tebow paying off for companies who signed him
"While they won’t reveal exact sales figures, Moorman said the line that Tebow promotes, the Jockey Stay Cool Collection, has been the company’s fastest selling collection in the company’s history.

“Certainly there are a lot of triggers that are tied to any particular sale, but we feel confident that Tim's involvement is key,” he added.

Jockey, of course, isn’t the only company profiting from the Tebow phenomenon."

March 2012 - Tim Tebow Autobiography on the New York Times Best Sellers List
Early March 2012 was the books 24th week on the list

March 22, 2012 - DENVER BRONCOS Tim Tebow Gear Is SELLING OUT!
"Tim Tebow is still a wanted man in Denver ... TMZ has learned the Broncos official team shop and online store has been RAIDED by Tebowmaniacs who've snatched up just about every single Tebow item the Broncos have left.

Somewhere ... the head of the NY Jets merchandising department is smiling."

May 29, 2012 - Tim Tebow breaks New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez's rookie record for jersey sales
"The league said Tuesday that Manning's Broncos jersey and Tebow's New York Jets jersey have sold more than any other over the past two months on NFLShop.com"

May 31, 2012 - Tim Tebow Gets His Own 15-card Insert Set
"His adoring allegiance of fans and collectors span the country — from Florida to the Rocky Mountains to the Big Apple and seemingly everywhere in between and beyond — and his every move in New York, on the field and off, commands tabloid headlines. Just wait until the season starts.

But here’s a juicy Tebow tidbit the controversy-craving New York media just might miss (but that collectors most certainly won’t): The Jets’ new Wildcat wildcard will take a starring role in the upcoming release of Panini America’s 2012 Prestige Football as the star of a 15-card insert devoted exclusively to him."

December 22, 2012 - Tebow is top religion author of 2011
"Though the Broncos' winning streak ended Sunday, HarperOne is betting sales will stay brisk into the offseason, when Tebow will be available for media interviews and speaking events. The publisher now has 475,000 copies in print.

"We've had a number of accounts say, 'We're betting on this guy into January, February and beyond' and their orders are evidence of that," Tauber said. "So I don't think 475,000 is at all where we're going to stop. I know it's not.""

CHNNrPH.png

VSNPRIE.png

NSz6Avc.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

This was fascinating to research. America loves Tim Tebow.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yo, what the fuck is going on in Cleveland?

That's a foul ball.

Oh, this is some bullshit.

They allowed two runs to score on a ball that bounced then hit Chisenhall's bat and went foul.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Yep, Jim Joyce fucked us for two runs. Surely the Astros can play this game under protest?

Line_HTX

OK, I just saw what happened. That is FUCKING STUPID.

Cleveland does not deserve this game because of this umpire. I hope a protest was filed.

Also, please make AJ Hinch's ejection null and void.

Holy christ. That's awful.

I mean, everything about that is shit-tier.

The most ludicrous part is that Joyce calls time mid play, so one guy scores but the others don't?

The fuckery. It's everywhere.

BFIB

I swear, its like the umps are purposefully shitting the bed now that replay has forced them to realize their bullshit calls.

Can't wait for the inevitable postseason fuckery that'll be on display this year.

The thing isd, Joyce is consistently rated as one of the upper echelon umps in all of the majors.

But when he fucks up, he fucks up bad. I hope he does like what he did with Gallaraga's perfect game and owns up to it.

EDIT: Also, is it just men, or is the first thing anyone else noticed was Saladino's untucked jersey?

BFIB

The thing isd, Joyce is consistently rated as one of the upper echelon umps in all of the majors.

But when he fucks up, he fucks up bad. I hope he does like what he did with Gallaraga's perfect game and owns up to it.

EDIT: Also, is it just men, or is the first thing anyone else noticed was Saladino's untucked jersey?
As a card carrying member, I found it disgraceful to the game.

Top Bottom