• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

BFIB

MLB.Com will not let you create a custom Tebow Mets jersey.

The Braves and the Rockies were considered the favorites to sign Tebow. But neither team would let Tebow continue his ESPN job. The Mets were the only team that would, so he signed with them.
It's bullshit. Took a spot away from someone who would be there everyday.

Friggz

I mean, Inciarte is having a 4-win season and is a GG player in CF. He's under team control for another 4 seasons I think. He, alone, would be an overpay.

hes a war all star becuase hes a good defensive outfielder that bounces around all 3 outfield positions which messes with positional adjustments. he has zero track record of being a threat at the plate.

folty is a big stuff, mediocre results pitcher in the NL. yankees just lived that experience with eovaldi.

lol

Cr3XCZ1UIAA-bUi.jpg

the first playoff game at Safeco in fifteen years and it's their short-A affiliate lmao

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
hes a war all star becuase hes a good defensive outfielder that bounces around all 3 outfield positions which messes with positional adjustments. he has zero track record of being a threat at the plate.

folty is a big stuff, mediocre results pitcher in the NL. yankees just lived that experience with eovaldi.

I'm not going to push you on Folty, but your comment on Inciarte is a little bit off. He's spent about 80 innings in LF this season, but the rest of it has been as the everyday CF.

3N16MA

Banned

He has played more than half his innings at CF. He plays excellent D at the corner positions when asked. I would easily give up an aging pricey C for a much younger and cheaper OF.

Gardner was a defensive all star without much of a bat. He has worked out very well for the Yanks.

Friggz

He has played more than half his innings at CF. He plays excellent D at the corner positions when asked. I would easily give up an aging pricey C for a much younger and cheaper OF.

Gardner was a defensive all star without much of a bat. He has worked out very well for the Yanks.

Gardner had a 390 obp in the minors. he wasnt just a all glove first player.

Mccann, despite his age, still has plenty of power for a catcher. His role on the yankees also cant simply be measured by on field production, hes mentoring sanchez (and their other young catchers) and while i know its impossible to put value that, what he does in the dugout/clubhouse is very real. hes not someone the yankees should just be giving away and i dont think its unreasonable to ask for something of quality back.

My mom was at Pappasitos in houston today, the one near NRG, and she said the entire Chicago Cubs team was there eating. They were all eating fajitas and drinking beer. MLB game prep meals are so different than most sports lol.

3N16MA

Banned
Gardner had a 390 obp in the minors. he wasnt just a all glove first player.

Mccann, despite his age, still has plenty of power for a catcher. His role on the yankees also cant simply be measured by on field production, hes mentoring sanchez (and their other young catchers) and while i know its impossible to put value that, what he does in the dugout/clubhouse is very real. hes not someone the yankees should just be giving away and i dont think its unreasonable to ask for something of quality back.

However Gardner didn't have much of a bat once he started to get playing time and that didn't prevent him from being a valuable piece for the Yanks. He was a undervalued player for many years.

McCann does bring intangibles to the table but I think the value brought back would have trumped that.

Friggz

However Gardner didn't have much of a bat once he started to get playing time and that didn't prevent him from being a valuable piece for the Yanks. He was a undervalued player for many years.

McCann does bring intangibles to the table but I think the value brought back would have trumped that.

i dont understand the "he didnt have much of a bat once he started to get playing time" ?

he has a career .350 on base with moderate gap power.

RBH

My mom was at Pappasitos in houston today, the one near NRG, and she said the entire Chicago Cubs team was there eating. They were all eating fajitas and drinking beer. MLB game prep meals are so different than most sports lol.

It's so random how there's a Pappasitos near my parents in Marietta, GA of all places. Not that I'm complaining.

9 other teams also wanted Tebow, thats 1/3 of all the teams so its not just the Mets. They signed because no one else would agree to his demand to do ESPN

3N16MA

Banned
i dont understand the "he didnt have much of a bat once he started to get playing time" ?

he has a career .350 on base with moderate gap power.

You're focussing too much on .obp and ignoring everything else. Also looking at a career number makes little sense since that does nothing to accurately describe his first few seasons in the league (started to get playing time).

Would you say Gardner had a good bat from 2008-2011? He had one good season followed by a subpar season with the bat. Bunch of subpar games hitting wise mixed in. His defence made up for any shortfall in his bat.

Gardner 2008-2011: .264/.353/.368, .325 wOBA, 97 wRC+
Incirate 2014-2016: .292/.337/.385, .319 wOBA, 95 wRC+

Friggz

You're focussing too much on .obp and ignoring everything else. Also looking at a career number makes little sense since that does nothing to accurately describe his first few seasons in the league (started to get playing time).

Would you say Gardner had a good bat from 2008-2011? He had one good season followed by a subpar season with the bat. Bunch of subpar games hitting wise mixed in. His defence made up for any shortfall in his bat.

Gardner 2008-2011: .264/.353/.368, .325 wOBA, 97 wRC+
Incirate 2014-2016: .292/.337/.385, .319 wOBA, 95 wRC+

getting on base is the most important thing a player can do average is essentially useless and slugging also means little .

i also wouldnt really consider 2008 for gardner since he wasnt a full time player yet.

his 2009-2011 triple slash is .268/.360/.375. 360 on base from a very good defensive outfielder that stole 40 bases a season? yes please.

Chris R

If the Mariners can dominate our remaining AL West games we might have a chance at WC2 depending on how everything else shakes out.

Gonna suck if the Twins take ANYTHING off us though, expecting to lose at least 2 to the Blue Jays too.

"Blue Jays president Mark Shapiro tells Blair and Brunt that he doesn’t like dealing in absolutes, but all their pending free agents will likely test the open market.

I think they should be focusing in on Edwin, but it goes to show how handstrung Shapiro is in regards to Rogers with the purse strings (Even though Mark has admitted that on two occasions this year, Rogers has approved an upping of the budget)

At this point I'd be happy if they resigned Edwin and let Bautista walk.

That said, this team needs some work, and better coaching as well.

Eh. It feels like anyone can win against the Blue Jays

Toronto has terrible coaching and can't manufacture runs to save their lives. This team seems to live off of the home run and loses games due to their lack of creativity.

I wonder how long Gibbons will stick with Estrada as he clearly has no control today.

To think they were doing so well after they won the series against the O's. My god.

This whole season has just seemed a bit underwhelming. The only time the team really seemed like they were clicking was right before the All Star break, and they have seemed.....lethargic and almost bored at times out there.

OK season over folks. Time for a proper rebuild. We'll get some decent returns for JD,Happ and Estrada. Plus compensation picks for JB, EE and Saunders.

What happened to Silver?

Top Bottom