• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
most cubs fans were rooting for st louis to win so we could clinch with a win tomorrow

QdLM40C.gif

bebop242

most cubs fans were rooting for st louis to win so we could clinch with a win tomorrow

Include me into this group. I saw today's game as a "take care of business" situation and thought it would benefit the team being able to celebrate right after a win instead of a couple hours after a loss. Eh prob doesnt matter either way.

I was also gunning for them sweeping the cards and winning it in St Louis.

Joe

Or maybe he's been overused. Just a thought.
There's no need to be snarky.

You may be right but I'm looking at his splits and game log and there's nothing that jumps out and says he's being overused. He's only pitched 6 innings in all of September and just 12 innings in the past 28 days total. His effectiveness does take a significant hit in high leverage situations however.

Choomp

Banned
Lagares activated, and Duda supposedly rejoining the team this weekend! Whut?

edit:: deGrom to start Sunday. Idk if rushing all these guys back is a great idea

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
NFL gaf is receiving preferential treatment. It's time for MLB gaf to get some shine.

After some discussion a while back, the threads for the first few weeks are going to be in OT to try and get more exposure and new blood in both the NFL and college football threads. It was actually the CFB threads that went in OT first, and the NFL ones followed suit. Expect them to head back to Community in the near future.

We can try a similar arrangement for the MLB 2017 regular season OT if people would like to try that out.

I can't remember, are playoff threads in OT? If not let's beg ask xia.

Playoff threads are in Community, title games/finals (e.g. World Series, Super Bowl, etc) go in OT.

Chris R

Astros are going to have to sweep the Mariners to have a chance.

Astros gonna take 4 of 6 from us. Don't worry.

And having the April thread in regular Off Topic would be great, same with the first month of the NHL season too. Fresh blood = more people conversing :)

After some discussion a while back, the threads for the first few weeks are going to be in OT to try and get more exposure and new blood in both the NFL and college football threads. It was actually the CFB threads that went in OT first, and the NFL ones followed suit. Expect them to head back to Community in the near future.

We can try a similar arrangement for the MLB 2017 regular season OT if people would like to try that out.

I think this is a great idea to help each community be less exclusive. I'll bet the majority of GAF users don't even visit the Community boards, so seeing a thread in the main board might incentivize them to post and interact.

Playoff threads are in Community, title games/finals (e.g. World Series, Super Bowl, etc) go in OT.

If any thread needs some new blood, it's MLB gaf.

Mortemis

Banned
We're probably gonna get swept with or without him, I don't mind. Whenever I hear "important series for the mariners" I hear they're gonna get swept. Can't lie though, there's a little excitement in me hoping they can actually pull it off and make playoffs. Sucks. ;(

Line_HTX

We're probably gonna get swept with or without him, I don't mind. Whenever I hear "important series for the mariners" I hear they're gonna get swept. Can't lie though, there's a little excitement in me hoping they can actually pull it off and make playoffs. Sucks. ;(

You're making it sound like Russell is going to come in and save the Mariner's season.

;P

Chris R

Even being relevant this time of year was more than I thought we'd get at the start of the season.

Nice to have some good games here and there, could have done without some of the suck though (getting swept by the twins at home? mariners plz)

Mortemis

Banned
You're making it sound like Russell is going to come in and save the Mariner's season.

;P

Haha, he'd need to bring his miracle water and pour it on all the Ms players.

Even being relevant this time of year was more than I thought we'd get at the start of the season.

Nice to have some good games here and there, could have done without some of the suck though (getting swept by the twins at home? mariners plz)

Yeah, they're doing an $8 ticket promo this weekend, may go to a game or two.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
Carlos Gomez proves time and time again that he is a complete moron.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Double post but idc

The Rome Braves are 6 outs away from winning the South Atlantic League championship, and Max Fried just struck out 13 batters in 7 innings. He's also going to be so good.

Familia acting like he is scared of Suzuki with a 3-run lead and two outs.

Horrible pitch selection there no matter if it was Familia or d'Arnaud.

They closed it out at least.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Time for me to claim 2017 ketchup mlb ot then.

Choomp

Banned
Ray Knight on Trea Turner: "I don't see any difference between him and Mike Trout. Everyone always talks about how great Trout is."

Is NameGenerated secretly Ray Knight

Top Bottom