• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Today's Knuckleball @KnuckleballFRS

The #Marlins and #Dodgers have reached out to the #Dbacks about Shelby Miller, @RobertMurrayFRS reports.

Tommy Stokke ‏@StokkeTommy

#Dbacks Shelby Miller is a perceived buy-low candidate, but the team isn't ready to give him away.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I need avatar suggestions for Malo

JlKp2EK.jpg

It took a special kind of inept to have a player development system as bad as the Twins had, considering it basically stunted Buxton at AA.

Too little too late doe.

Looking at the contracts that the Twins signed, especially on the pitching side, they are indeed terrible.

The only one that could be considered remotely good was Park's, considering the upside and raw power he has shown.

Of course. The org is fucking horrible. At least they haven't sold Buxton for pennies yet.

Someone is gonna fix that kid and turn him into a monster.

Seriously though, you had the #1 farm system for what seemed like 2-3 years running and had nothing come of it, and in fact actively regressed.

Just awful.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Someone is gonna fix that kid and turn him into a monster.

Seriously though, you had the #1 farm system for what seemed like 2-3 years running and had nothing come of it, and in fact actively regressed.

Just awful.
My hope is that whoever comes in is a bit more forward thinking than the current FO, and they bring in some good development staff.

Buxton is like the third highly thought of CF prospect in the last 8 years (following Gomez & Hicks) who they rushed up from AA and fucked up their development. I was terrified it would happen with Buck, and they did it. But I mean in the last 5+ years, they've always sold too late (or not at all), they gave out idiotic extensions that would undo any good signings they made (Suzuki, Willingham, Hughes), they signed lots of middling players instead of spending on one or two more highly paid players. I mean for fuck's sake, they re-signed Mike Pelfrey for two more years after he had one putrid one. They let Mike Pelfrey start a make or break game towards their chances at a Wild Card last year. They would've been a fuck of a lot better rolling the dice on a Zimmerman signing than the shit they signed for half as much. The Ervin Santana contract is literally the biggest FA deal they've ever given out!

The shine is off their farm system, but they have some pieces still. The pitching is a fucking disaster (doing things like trading Chih-Wei Hu for Kevin Jepsen doesn't help!), but Jay and Berrios are exciting. I just hope they can find someone who will fucking right the ship. It's been 12 years since they've won a playoff game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Man, go away for a weekend and SF goes to shit. Goddamn Padres.

I blame Corran and his ketchup-tainted thread title.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
At least you guys won a bunch of division titles and stuff.

Twins have just been garbage barring the few years before Joe Mauer's head got destroyed.
The knee Morneau took in the head in 2010 was pretty much the apex of the Twins. He was having a monster season, they just opened Target Field, they had a decent roster, they were on pace for 100 wins... It all went to shit after that.

Honestly, I hope the next GM gets rid of the toxic "tough it out" culture for injuries.

How the Twins went so quickly from a model organization to Angels-tier is shocking.

That's a great baseball town that deserves far better.

Starts at the top.The Twins and Barves of the last decade are the prime examples that development systems are what separates the great teams with the average ones.

Plus, you know, building a team around a catcher tends to be a bad idea.

Today's Knuckleball @KnuckleballFRS

The #Marlins and #Dodgers have reached out to the #Dbacks about Shelby Miller, @RobertMurrayFRS reports.

Tommy Stokke ‏@StokkeTommy

#Dbacks Shelby Miller is a perceived buy-low candidate, but the team isn't ready to give him away.
Please no Friedman.

I'm heading back to Baltimore this week with the family and will be taking in two O's/Indians game this weekend. It'll be my kids' first game at Camden Yards, and my first home game in any sport in a decade. I'll probably cry.

BFIB

I'm heading back to Baltimore this week with the family and will be taking in two O's/Indians game this weekend. It'll be my kids' first game at Camden Yards, and my first home game in any sport in a decade. I'll probably cry.

My favorite ballpark in the majors. Enjoy a NattyBo for me!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I love this. Giants-Gaf getting shaky

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

tl;dr

Top Bottom