• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

BFIB

I really hope the Cards strike on Blackmon. He'd be a great fit.

Blackmon, some bullpen help for this team and I think we're good to go.

Loco4Coco

Conforto might play Center field for the Mets soon. Why?

They should have let Conforto play 1st base in Triple A if they want his bat so bad in the line-up.

The Giants have signed Kyle Drabek to a minor-league...and are converting him into an infielder. Alright then.

Remember when this guy was such a hot prospect the Phillies were hesitant to part with him for ROY F'N HALLADAY?

The Giants have signed Kyle Drabek to a minor-league...and are converting him into an infielder. Alright then.

Remember when this guy was such a hot prospect the Phillies were hesitant to part with him for ROY F'N HALLADAY?

Looking back at that trade, the Phillies definitely won. AA got garbage prospects that didn't pan out. D'Arnaud is the only one worth mentioning, but he's no longer a Jay, and he's not that great.

So looking at some of the chatter after the Morosi interview on Tim and Sid yesterday, a lot of people are bringing up the fact that Rogers really is penny pinching when it comes to the Jays.

Also apparently the Jays are fourth in attendance this year, behind the Dodgers, Giants and Cards.

So looking at some of the chatter after the Morosi interview on Tim and Sid yesterday, a lot of people are bringing up the fact that Rogers really is penny pinching when it comes to the Jays.

Also apparently the Jays are fourth in attendance this year, behind the Dodgers, Giants and Cards.

Yup. Their attendance went up and their TV ratings are great yet they don't understand that you need to spend a little to maintain that. New York is a huge baseball market but they won't show up for a shit product.

The Jays aren't the Leafs. People won't show for a shit product.

I'm not saying they should be dumb with their money but I feel like we're always out of the conversation when it comes to signing big names guys in free agency.

Yup. Their attendance went up and their TV ratings are great yet they don't understand that you need to spend a little to maintain that. New York is a huge baseball market but they won't show up for a shit product.

I'm not saying they should be dumb with their money but I feel like we're always out of the conversation when it comes to signing big names guys in free agency.

Don't forget about all of that money Rogers is handing out for hockey. What dumb fucks.

Rogers doesn't care. They just want something shiny to put on the mantle.

I really wonder what the reality would be if the Jays weren't sold by InBev, or were owned by a single ownership group. They'd be able to leverage for a massive TV deal, probably the biggest in the bigs, and they'd have more control over their destiny in FA, instead of seemingly trawling the waiver wire and being gunshy when it comes to FA's.

Because all that matters is the bottom line. Rogers wants the entire pie, but they are eating crumbs of it.

Don't forget about all of that money Rogers is handing out for hockey. What dumb fucks.

This is one of the reasons why Rogers is handicapping the Jays now. Why in god's name are you spending nearly $5 BILLION dollars on a TV contract when the sports landscape is changing so rapidly? Nobody is using cable much anymore, and those that are, are leveraging it with live sports. Most people are cutting the cable and going for streaming services.

can I blame Servais for our poor record with stupid decisions like leading off a dude like Daniel Robertson

Lookout Landing was talking about this, and one commentator put down that Nori Aoki's shitty play is the reason that Daniel Robinson is even getting these extended licks in the majors.

Mortemis

Banned
Lookout Landing was talking about this, and one commentator put down that Nori Aoki's shitty play is the reason that Daniel Robinson is even getting these extended licks in the majors.

for sure, Aoki has been a big disappointment. We don't really have much choices when it comes to left field, short of making a trade. If the M's can get on a winning streak and become buyers that and a bullpen arm would probably be their targets.

Conforto might play Center field for the Mets soon. Why?

They should have let Conforto play 1st base in Triple A if they want his bat so bad in the line-up.

Because sitting Granderson makes Terry sad. And Juan Lagares must never play every day despite probably being the best defensive CF in the National League.

Seriously, the reason this team blows so much is because of Terry Collins. If not for his inept management, even with our mediocre offense, we still probably win another 4-5 games that he himself blows.

That's a completely different season if we win those games.

I seriously hate that fucker.

Friggz

i feel like these next 2 weeks are going to be painful for us yankee fans. Not only do i expect to read about a big trade any minute...but i need to hope that nobody gets hurt.

Top Bottom