• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Friggz

It took a special kind of inept to have a player development system as bad as the Twins had, considering it basically stunted Buxton at AA.

Too little too late doe.

I did analytic work for the twins in college, and even back then (8ish years ago) the player developement was really, really lacking. The size of their player developerment department was a fraction of most team.

Jon Morosi brings up a good point on Josh Donaldson: the Jays could trade him to a prospect rich team (He said Dodgers) if they can't reach a deal when his contract expires in a year and a half. Dodgers need a 3B.

It could be very alluring getting Urias + another high level prospect for Josh. What say you Doyers-GAF?

Jon Morosi brings up a good point on Josh Donaldson: the Jays could trade him to a prospect rich team (He said Dodgers) if they can't reach a deal when his contract expires in a year and a half. Dodgers need a 3B.

It could be very alluring getting Urias + another high level prospect for Josh. What say you Doyers-GAF?

turner has been getting it together at 3B lately

hes a free agent tho idk

BFIB

I don't think the Doyers would bite. They are going to need Urias in that rotation and he's cheap.

turner has been getting it together at 3B lately

Yeah, but you are getting arguably the best 3B in baseball if the deal went through, and stability is always nice.

Still, I think Atkins & Shapiro aren't going to let go of Josh, especially if they lose both Jose and Edwin this year. Still, if I was them I would keep it in mind.

I don't think the Doyers would bite. They are going to need Urias in that rotation and he's cheap.

I just threw Urias' name out there since he's the only Dodger prospect I know.

Full notes of Jon Morosi on Tim and Sid:

-Jays are focusing on starting pitching, a new name popping up is Jeremy Hellickson.

-With the Smoak signing, the chances of EE leaving are increasing. Morosi said that Shapiro and Atkins will most likely not want to pay a 30+ year old the money that will be asked.

-Rowdy Tellez could be the DH next year, as Morosi thinks that the new FO is focusing on homegrown talent.

-The Jays will most likely be looking to extend Donaldson this off season, and maybe look to trade him for high level prospects if a deal cannot be reached. A team Morosi mentioned was the dodgers.

-The front office might be looking to balance out the payroll a little bit by letting go of the high-profile free agents.

What about draft picks? As I understand it it was related to roster building or somewhere around there.

MLB has never taken away draft picks, ever (it may not even be possible). The closest thing was what the Red Sox did with international amateurs and Manfred is already on record saying that these two things arent comparable.

Dodgers are better off taking a chance at getting him through free agency. He would cost too damn much through trade.

BigAT

3SeVrsv.gif

Yankees playing to spite Malo now.

From what I heard the other day on Dodger talk is that if the Dodgers don't resign Turner next due to another team paying him big, their next target would be trading for Longoria in the offseason. Or maybe sooner

3SeVrsv.gif

Yankees playing to spite Malo now.

Hey, it gets us closer to the division, so thanks!

Dodgers are better off taking a chance at getting him through free agency. He would cost too damn much through trade.

Yeah, but still, the Jays priority will be signing one of Jose or Edwin (And considering what Morosi said, they are leaning towards Jose, as much as I wouldn't do the same) and then Josh. But...

From what I heard the other day on Dodger talk is that if the Dodgers don't resign Turner next due to another team paying him big, their next target would be trading for Longoria in the offseason. Or maybe sooner

Yeah, I think I remember Morosi saying that as well. Still, if I was the Dodgers, I would look into Donaldson.

Hey, it gets us closer to the division, so thanks!

Yeah, but still, the Jays priority will be signing one of Jose or Edwin (And considering what Morosi said, they are leaning towards Jose, as much as I wouldn't do the same) and then Josh. But...

Yeah, I think I remember Morosi saying that as well. Still, if I was the Dodgers, I would look into Donaldson.

I don't think we'll pay for Donaldson. Otherwise we'd still have Grienke.

Top Bottom