• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Just saw the news. I was supposed to go to the game today.

This is devastating. First CB, now Jose. Fuck this week.

Jose was a huge reason the Marlins looked like they were finally getting on track.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
marlins game is this afternoon, supposed to have a pregame honoring Ichiro, will probably be different now....

gamz

OMG! What a fucking tragedy! I can't believe it! One of the best pitchers in baseball.

My heart goes out to his family and the baseball world. WOW!

What a shame. One of my favorite pitchers to watch pitch. Always seemed like a great guy with a huge career ahead of him. Man, how so, so sad.

At least two other people died in the accident.

At least three people are reportedly dead after a boat crash off Miami Beach on Sunday morning.

Emergency workers are searching for more victims near Government Cut and South Pointe Park.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue crews responded to the crash of the 30-foot boat.

“They found a boat that was up against the jetties,” Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Chief Todd Garofalo told WSVN. “They did do an initial search and they found three victims — two on top of the water, one underneath the boat and they had unfortunately passed away.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...ami-beach/article104071446.html#storylink=cpy

gamz

How odd. My wife's brother died (he was 21) in a random car accident 15 years ago and we were just talking about this last night. She was down (crying) thinking about it (and he was a great, smart kid) and I consoled her saying random stuff happens all the time baby. Nothing you can but enjoy the time you spent with him.

Now this.

Terrible news. He wasn't just a great young player, he played with so much joy and personality.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ibd7dgjN0UsxhZ.gif

Huge loss for baseball.

Caja 117

Fuck, my wife just told me, RIP so much talent lost, even as someone that doesnt follow the Marlins, he was one of those players that were exciting to watch, I still remember that monster Hr against the Braves a few years back. Im so sad about all this.

Wow.

That's the only word I have for what happened to one of the more promising young pitchers in the game.

Life is cruel, and you never can predict what can happen.

Go hug your loved ones.

RIP Jose.

3N16MA

Banned
Tragic news. Jose was as talented as they come and I loved the passion he played with. My brother was just talking about him because his start was pushed back and he would be playing the Mets.

Tough time for his family.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Man, Jose Fernandez was one of those players that I loved to watch compete. Beyond having just filthy stuff, he had such passion on the mound. I hated and loved how silly he made the Mets' hitters look over the years. RIP Jose!

Eduardo's got a big heart for doing that interview and keeping it together given his close connections to Jose.

One thing's for true: Baseball in Miami will never be the same again.

JABEE

I can't believe the news. I loved watching him pitch. Such sad news to see turning on ESPN to watch football.

RIP Jose Fernandez

Top Bottom