• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Malo

Banned
Finally caught the marlins' pregame ceremony and the Dee Gordon homerun. Wow, that was great. I started tearing up.

KingBroly

Banned
Fuck the Jays.

WdYoY4T.gif

Loved Layne laying it all out there.

Dontcha think you need to change this?

Mortemis

Banned
Wtf we actually won this game? I checked in during the debate and I saw Eddie blow it. Cano destroyed another one eh, dude loves the astros.

3N16MA

Banned
Finally caught the marlins' pregame ceremony and the Dee Gordon homerun. Wow, that was great. I started tearing up.

The game lost one of the best. One of the most exciting and enjoyable players to watch.

Makes it tougher to handle because he had a child on the way.

According to Shi Davidi, Joaquin Benoit was seen leaving with crutches

hahahhahahaha fucking kill me

He was limping away from the brawl. Fucking hilarious.

But we needed to defend Donaldson's honour.

During the scrum Benoit, who was seen holding back Sabathia at certain points, hurt his calf. Gibbons suggested it might be similar to the torn calf muscle suffered by Brett Cecil during the post-season last year. The Blue Jays said medical updates will be issued on both Benoit and Travis on Tuesday.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/3018859/

This may have been the dumbest shit in Blue Jays' history. There was no need for it.

If the Jays miss the postseason because of yesterday...

I am confident they will make the wild card game still. I'm not sure about home field though. What a fucking mess. Orioles will be throwing deep inside all series knowing the Jays can't do shit at this point.

How the fuck is that idea "dark"?

Using a dead guy's image to sell video games? I could kind of see why it would be strange. Like who knows if he ever even wanted to be on the cover? Plus I'm not sure on Sony's end of they want people to get bummed out whenever they see a copy of their latest game, and Jose's death is going to bum people out for a really long time.

Lexxism

Man Happ better be going into the 8th inning with every start to make up for the escalation that got Benoit injured
Even Travis was injured. I dont know if it was from the brawl but fuck this shit. It was an unavoidable event. Fucking Happ. Not even thinking the consequences

It's like Vince McMahon is booking the Jays vs. Yanks Feud. It's completely unnecessary and no one gives a shit. Well, except the Jays seem to give a shit but it makes them look dumb.

It's like Vince McMahon is booking the Jays vs. Yanks Feud. It's completely unnecessary and no one gives a shit. Well, except the Jays seem to give a shit but it makes them look dumb.

Absolutely. Once more, if you want to raise shit you should have done it in the beginning of the season. Not in the twilight days when we are fighting for a wild card spot.

Doesn't help that the Toronto and greater Canadian sports media LOVE to prop up the sort of Canadian napoleonic complex that came up here, and even going back to Jose's batflip in the ALDS and subsequently the Odor right hook.

I still can't believe that Jose's dead yall.

My whole week's been fucked up.

Hopefully the Sox clinch the division tonight, that'll help me feel a little better

EDIT: Also the Sox having the second best record in baseball kind of snuck up on me for some reason.

zulux21

Hopefully the Sox clinch the division tonight, that'll help me feel a little better

EDIT: Also the Sox having the second best record in baseball kind of snuck up on me for some reason.

11 game win streaks tend to help with that :p

in other thoughts, I find it weird that people are talking about how the white sox need to just release shields during the off season.

yes he has been crap since his good start, but he isn't so old that it is for sure he is spent. it makes far more sense to at least see how he looks in spring training and hope he at least returns to being a fine 5th starter to be able to trade him if they go to rebuild as he doesn't have any value right now :p

Choomp

Banned
So, after this year we have to move on without David Ortiz, Jose Fernandez, Alex Rodriguez, Prince Fielder, Vin Scully, and Mark Teixeira. Not to mention David Ross, Pierzynski? Either way, shieeet

Doogdogg

question, if they tied Texas for best record, who gets homefield? They split the season series.

Using a dead guy's image to sell video games? I could kind of see why it would be strange. Like who knows if he ever even wanted to be on the cover? Plus I'm not sure on Sony's end of they want people to get bummed out whenever they see a copy of their latest game, and Jose's death is going to bum people out for a really long time.

I apologize that I ever had the nerve to suggest this as a tribute. I've truly underestimated how dark some people's minds are.

FYI, people are going to be bummed when they play the game and he's not in there.

Choomp

Banned
I think putting him on the cover might be a little weird. There has to be something else they can do in game to honor him though, I just can't quite think of what exactly that is.

I apologize that I ever had the nerve to suggest this as a tribute. I've truly underestimated how dark some people's minds are.

FYI, people are going to be bummed when they play the game and he's not in there.

I don't think it was a bad suggestion, just that things aren't always perceived the way you neccesarily want them to be. That's a very important thing when it comes to marketing, and deciding who will be in the cover of your video game is marketing, even if it's as a tribute to someone who has passed away.

The Giants have acquired Gordon Beckham from the Braves in exchange for cash considerations. Beckham will not be eligible for the postseason roster if the Giants make it (unless there is an injury).

Yankees are a cult confirmed

HERETIC! those who do not believe in the council are to be cleansed!

Grab bag of news:

Billy Corben of The U fame drops pretty obvious hint that at some point, Jose Fernandez will be the subject of a 30 For 30 doc:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/780568839377580032

And Stroman should shut up:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MStrooo6/status/780783888033513472

perhaps the Blue Jays should do their talking on the field, instead of getting hurt by acting like little boys.

Wilson Ramos is out for the rest of the season. Torn right ACL.

ouch. Nats done.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Ramos' leg gets wrecked on a pointless throw in a near pointless game.

Harper jams his thumb on an awkward slide because Kang faked a tag on a stand up triple.

Murphy is literally butthurt.

Strasburg is made of papier-mâché.

EdibleAntiqueBabirusa-size_restricted.gif

leroidys

Shouldn't be a surprise looking at their payroll. They are in a pretty crazy tear right now though.

Top Bottom