• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

One day Chris Sale will be living in a van writing conspiracy theory fan fiction and covering freeway exit signs with stickers talking about fluoride being in the water controlling minds.

I feel bad for whomever is willing to take sale on since his time with CWS is clearly coming to a close. If he's a prima Donna on a team going nowhere, I can't imagine what kind of shit he'll pull once he's on a contender. He's still and will be an elite starter, but he sounds like clubhouse poison.

Mortemis

Banned
Rosenthal says Yanks telling teams they are close to trading Chapman. Miller is staying.

Yanks must think they can make a run next year. Rent out Chapman, sign him back during free agency, and still don't deal with the holes they got.

Probably think there's a "??? > profit" step somewhere.

Not that I completely believe the Yankees, but I really don't understand the half ass sell. everyone outside of didi should be available.

I haven't been keeping up with the Yanks too closely, but has Didi been embraced by the fanbase? Taking over for Jeter is such a monstrous task. How's he doing at that?

Friggz

I haven't been keeping up with the Yanks too closely, but has Didi been embraced by the fanbase? Taking over for Jeter is such a monstrous task. How's he doing at that?

He's been awesome. Of course he will never replace Jeter, nobody will. But he's been an awesome.

JoseDFrog

Banned
Jeter was garbage his last few years so even the average Didi we got last year was better. This year he's been the team's best 1-2 players.

He's been awesome. Of course he will never replace Jeter, nobody will. But he's been an awesome.

That's great to hear. It's a surprise how he gets so little run though (maybe he does, but I've never heard it) to go into NY as a rookie taking the position of a legend and to just get the job done so quietly. It is very impressive.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Stros win. :)

FaST3Q4.gif

What a Ninth for the A's!!!!!

Best game of the year!!! Light in the darkness!!!!!

Graveman CG win! Smolinski and Healy homers to win!!! Holy shit!!!!

Exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zulux21

I feel bad for whomever is willing to take sale on since his time with CWS is clearly coming to a close. If he's a prima Donna on a team going nowhere, I can't imagine what kind of shit he'll pull once he's on a contender. He's still and will be an elite starter, but he sounds like clubhouse poison.

as long as he is on a winning team he should be fine.

he is a smart guy, and in general a nice guy, he is also just very passionate about winning, and his friends.

All the incidents he has been involved in (which still isn't many, just the two this year) are related to those things. Beyond that he is considered a leader, and in general one of the best team mates you can have.

Also, regardless of tonights events, if you think that sale's time with the CWS is coming to a close you are crazy. a couple heated moments doesn't mean sell low on one of the best pitching deals in baseball. Only way sale moves is if the package is crazy good, rumors are 5 top prospects good.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Just no.

Chris Sale is an elite LHP. That's worth a shitload whether you want to admit that or not.

you actually believe the cubs would trade kris bryant for chris sale? i mean, even if you iignore the huge inherent risk of a pitcher over a position player and age/control difference, bryant is better.

chris sale was worth 6.2 wins in his best season (last year). bryant was at 6.5 in his rookie season, and is on pace for nearly 8 this year. oh, and sale has worrying trends this year. velo down, k/9 way down, fip and xfip approaching 4. he's being held up by a fortunate babip. the argument is that he's changed his approach to be more efficient, but that's amounted to him getting a whopping 1 more out per start this season.

fangraphs just did their trade value rankings. bryant was at #3, and sale was at #15. i'm not saying that proves anything, but it's pretty clear what the consensus would be on an argument between these 2 players going forward.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2016-trade-value-1-to-10/

zulux21

sale has worrying trends this year. velo down, k/9 way down, fip and xfip approaching 4. he's being held up by a fortunate babip.

it would be worrying trends if chris sale didn't actively announce before the season started that he was going for exactly that.

he wanted to aim to pitch a bit less than full power the whole time, and aim for more contact than strike outs in order to allow him to go deeper into games more consistently.

when he is in a tight spot much like verlander did in his prime, he pulls out full power and adds a couple MPH to the fastball.

given the handful of people who have more innings pitched than he does this season also have 1-2 more starts, I would say it is working.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
http://www.baseballamerica.com/majors/it-could-be-worse-chris-2/#4WfsOKqi6bjHRDml.97
If Sale doesn’t like Chicago’s throwbacks jerseys, he’d probably hate being a prospect these days. Nearly every team has multiple promotional or specialty uniforms, and it seems recently that teams have engaged in a sport-wide game of gaudy oneupsmanship.

Anything you wear, we can wear weirder.

With that in mind, here’s just a sampling of the doozies of jerseys that some teams around the country have worn this season. Some are clever and some are hideous, but rest assured Chris Sale would need to have his scissors ready for all of them.

Went to O's home game yesterday for first time in years and it was a blast. The updates to the stadium keep it looking clean and fresh, but still classic. Got to see Miz blow his first pitch, and Alvarez foul a ball off the warehouse, and Gausman looked great. Taking my kids today, hopefully we make it through four innings in the heat and humidity.

it would be worrying trends if chris sale didn't actively announce before the season started that he was going for exactly that.

he wanted to aim to pitch a bit less than full power the whole time, and aim for more contact than strike outs in order to allow him to go deeper into games more consistently.

when he is in a tight spot much like verlander did in his prime, he pulls out full power and adds a couple MPH to the fastball.

given the handful of people who have more innings pitched than he does this season also have 1-2 more starts, I would say it is working.

already talked about this. he's getting an extra third of an inning per start in return for being a less dominant pitcher. yay?

anyways, that wasn't really the point. sale is awesome and i'd love to have him. i was just pointing out that there are reasons to be slightly concerned there.

would you really not trade a kid in A ball for a player thats a complete difference maker? I dont think people realize that the cubs window to win isnt that big. Flags fly forever. 19 year olds in A ball bust.

Cubs fans overvalue all of their prospects

(All fans do this, but I find Cubs fans do it to a higher degree)

Top Bottom