• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Mortemis

Banned
2 struggling relievers, hoping a change of environment helps both

Yeah, looks like a change of scenery trade. Benoit was really ineffective but he was a good presence for others in the clubhouse, and apparently made Eddie's slider the nasty stuff it is now. He will be missed, just not on the mound. lol

Mortemis

Banned
Toronto GAVE us money and took Benoit?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Storen actually had a worse year, though not by much. Hard to compare crappy relievers.

Benoit makes a little less so the cash probably covers that difference. Really, it's just an equal player & salary swap for a change of scenery.

Congrats to the NL on winning the series this year!

It's always been an even year anyways.

Storen actually had a worse year, though not by much. Hard to compare crappy relievers.

Benoit makes a little less so the cash probably covers that difference. Really, it's just an equal player & salary swap for a change of scenery.

It's always been an even year anyways.

My The Show save says otherwise.

Giants vs. Blue Jays, MadBum vs. Stroman; Saunders gets MVP

What an ending tonight. The Padres really blew that one.

Ain't that typical of most Jays fans I know.

Just because we don't know everyone in the farm system doesn't mean we're not true fans. It's hard to keep up with it all for both the Leafs and Jays.

I've been a Jays fan all my life.

Since the season is half over, more or less, I am going to examine my picks:

I had Texas and San Fran in the WS, that looks good still.
Trout for MVP, still looks doable.
Hamels for Cy Young, 11-2 with a sub 2.70 era.
Rizzo for NL MVP, not likely but he's having a great year.
deGrom for NL Cy Young, nope, lol
Seager for NL ROY, seems likely

My surprise teams: Twins (dead wrong) and Marlins (looks good)
Breakout player: I reached here with Didi Gregorious. I thought if he learned to keep his weight back on the ball, he'd have an easier time driving it and it looks like he's done that. I love his defense too. He's having a very, very good year. I think he was snubbed as an All Star.

I hope Benoit will be a better fit in Toronto. Storen came with promise, and it'd suck to see him find that in Seattle and lose the trade.

But I guess it wasn't working here, so it had to happen. At least we got something for him.

Top Bottom