• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
GnMgOSjm.jpg

Is this anime? Seems like anime.

Anime is why the Giants lose.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Unbelievable win tonight.

This is why I took the whole week off to see the Dodgers play in Atlanta. Last LA game I went to was the miracle back-to-back-to-back game against the Phillies when Cody got his first two dingers.

Pretty pumped for this.

Why the heck would STL keep Lynn? Makes no sense.

In other news, Andrew McCutchen is really good.

Anything that would come back for Lynn would have to be more valuable than the comp pick they'll get when he signs in the off-season. Not sure if he would get much more than that.

They're also 4.5 games back of first, mostly because of bad luck (pythag/baseruns has them very close to Cubs)

I've wanted them to trade him forever but the rental market for SP may not really be all that good this year. They should probably trade Trevor Rosenthal though. He'd bring a ton back.

Velcro Fly

Wilson and Avila is in the medical review stage. Great pickup for the Cubs if it checks out.

Yep I'm liking this. Bullpen down the stretch last year was just so shaky but now I feel like there are 5 or 6 guys down there with the stuff to get postseason outs.

Anything that would come back for Lynn would have to be more valuable than the comp pick they'll get when he signs in the off-season. Not sure if he would get much more than that.

They're also 4.5 games back of first, mostly because of bad luck (pythag/baseruns has them very close to Cubs)

I've wanted them to trade him forever but the rental market for SP may not really be all that good this year. They should probably trade Trevor Rosenthal though. He'd bring a ton back.

Yeah, this will be something the Mets (and a lot of other teams concerning their tradeable pieces) will also have to factor in for the likes of Bruce (which it looks will be the case as there isn't much trade interest) and for Reed (who I think will ultimately be moved given the supply/demand for relievers), not sure if the latter even qualifies for compensation but he probably does/will.

It sounds like Cabrera may be staying as well with an affordable option for next season and (for now) the willingness to play 2B which could seemingly change at any point.

I heard a while ago that Granderson informed the Mets he plans to retire after the season unless they have interest in bringing him back in any role (4th outfielder, etc) so I have no idea what happens with him today or moving into waiver deals in August.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Joel Sherman @Joelsherman1

#Mets are getting 3 minor leaguers back for Reed #Redsox

Good. Now trade Bruce.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Alex Speier @alexspeier
It's Jamie Callahan, Gerson Bautista, and Stephen Nogosek to the Mets in the agreement for Addison Reed.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Can any of them replace Salas now though?

Alex Speier @alexspeier

Nogosek is in his first full pro season; he has a chance to fast-track as a reliever after being a college closer.

Bautista has mid- to high-90s fastball and slider. Nogosek is low- to mid-90s with a wipeout slider. Both in High-A.

Callahan, Bautista, and Nogosek are all relievers - Callahan is close to big leagues (AAA) w/mid-90s fastball, swing/miss slider and split.

BumRush

Three fucking relief pitchers?

Alex Speier @alexspeier

Nogosek is in his first full pro season; he has a chance to fast-track as a reliever after being a college closer.

Bautista has mid- to high-90s fastball and slider. Nogosek is low- to mid-90s with a wipeout slider. Both in High-A.

Callahan, Bautista, and Nogosek are all relievers - Callahan is close to big leagues (AAA) w/mid-90s fastball, swing/miss slider and split.

I'm totally fine with stocking the system with young bullpen arms.

Cubs made a great move to get Wilson. Seems like the Chapman deal all over.

Cash needs to see Boston and now presumably Cleveland isn't messing around. Houston has a shaky rotation right now so their push for Sonny might have gotten harder.

Grab Sonny, let a sixth man pitch himself out of the rotation. Yankees are close to being a legitimate threat in the league.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Astros checking in on Darvish, not sure the Rangers trade him there though.

I think that Gray is a lost cause at this point.

Astros probably end up getting a guy like Lynn and another LH reliever and DFA Sipp (at least they should because he's been pretty awful).

Cubs made a great move to get Wilson. Seems like the Chapman deal all over.

Cash needs to see Boston and now presumably Cleveland isn't messing around. Houston has a shaky rotation right now so their push for Sonny might have gotten harder.

Grab Sonny, let a sixth man pitch himself out of the rotation. Yankees are close to being a legitimate threat in the league.

they're probably making the playoffs, and anybody in the playoffs is a legitimate threat.

No, but I wasn't expecting three rp's. Especially after trading for a rp last week.

I have to assume it was the best Alderson and company could get considering when Reed was dealt.

Mets bullpen in general is a huge area of need concerning roster building.

Unless Reed was going to garner a compensation pick I don't see an issue here (and maybe not even then without knowing how deep the the 2018 draft is supposedly and/or not much about the 3 acquired arms in the deal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom