• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTtoZ

I'm fine with this deal, actually more than fine. Gave away 2 maybe good players who are getting two rough surgeries. Great job Cash and lets go on this run!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Braves' equivalent to that deal is probably Pache, Fried, and, like, Travis Demeritte? I would have been fine with that.

jman2050

It's crazy that a year and a half ago the Yankees roster looked old, expensive and hopeless and in that time the entire farm system was turned over and the major league roster has gotten younger and significantly better.

I don't think flipping Chapman, Miller, and Beltran could have worked out better than it has so far.

Malo

Banned
The player that hurts the most to lose is Kap, but he just had tjs and Adams had moved ahead of him in the depth chart.

I hope Fowler comes back strong, really rooting for him.

Malo

Banned
It's crazy that a year and a half ago the Yankees roster looked old, expensive and hopeless and in that time the entire farm system was turned over and the major league roster has gotten younger and significantly better.

I don't think flipping Chapman, Miller, and Beltran could have worked out better than it has so far.
It's been an okay rebuild.

SRTtoZ

I'm excited about this year but Judge is also cooling off quite a bit. He carried us pretty hard the first half. Hopefully he breaks out of this soon.

Billy Beane is a fraud. Thats almost as bad as the time he gave away Josh Donaldson for basically nothing

Trading away Donaldson isn't the worst thing in the world for a team like the As with a low payroll

Trading him away and then immediately signing Billy Butler for $30m/3yrs (basically what Donaldson was going to be paid, maybe a little less) was really stupid though

Friggz

The player that hurts the most to lose is Kap, but he just had tjs and Adams had moved ahead of him in the depth chart.

I hope Fowler comes back strong, really rooting for him.

i was actually tyhinking it hurts to lose fowler more. Hes more likely to stick in center and scouts liked him more than frazier.

its a really good deal for the yankees now, but i think can be a really good deal for both team in a year.

and the yankees stocking that international money is more $$ for otani. Get it done cashmoney!

Malo

Banned
i was actually tyhinking it hurts to lose fowler more. Hes more likely to stick in center and scouts liked him more than frazier.

its a really good deal for the yankees now, but i think can be a really good deal for both team in a year.

and the yankees stocking that international money is more $$ for otani. Get it done cashmoney!
I would agree if Fowler hadn't gotten a serious injury that is harder to come back from than tjs.

I know Florial is only in low A, but I think he's a better prospect than Fowler even before the injury. Florial's tools are crazy good.

3N16MA

Banned
I would agree if Fowler hadn't gotten a serious injury that is harder to come back from than tjs.

I know Florial is only in low A, but I think he's a better prospect than Fowler even before the injury. Florial's tools are crazy good.

Yanks basically got what they wanted in keeping Florial. Seemed like the perfect time to deal Mateo.

Malo

Banned
Mateo is the deal, Fowler is likely never the same and Kap has never been able to be healthy for any length of time.
Apparently Beane was dead set on either Frazier or Florial; he didn't get either.

Mateo was ass for a year and a half until he got promoted to AA, and the Yanks were able to sell high on that one month of good play. Cash did good.

Apparently Beane was dead set on either Frazier or Florial; he didn't get either.

Mateo was ass for a year and a half until he got promoted to AA, and the Yanks were able to sell high on that one month of good play. Cash did good.

No disagreement here, Billy's basically washed at this point.

Malo

Banned
JlCWzE4.gif

SRTtoZ

I can't take the people who call into the Michael Kay Show seriously. Some guy just said the Yankees gave up a 10 year dynasty for this trade. LOL

Are my Red Sox doing it

No.

But Beane jobbing to the Stanks aside, the Sox still have the best rotation in the division if and when Price comes back healthy.

The problem has been that the offense tends to fall asleep 3 nights a week and for two of the other nights a reliever blows the game. Reed will maybe help with the latter, Devers and Nunez with the former?

3N16MA

Banned
I can't take the people who call into the Michael Kay Show seriously. Some guy just said the Yankees gave up a 10 year dynasty for this trade. LOL

Some people want to hoard all the prospects and never let them go. That is until the majority of them never live up to the hype and the same people bitch at management for not trading them.

Some people want to hoard all the prospects and never let them go. That is until the majority of them never live up to the hype and the same people bitch at management for not trading them.

people think that developing talent from within means hoarding prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom