• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekameohs

Banned
Check the standings *clap clap clapclapclap*

have fun losing the wildcard game, stanks
Surely a Red Sox fan would know better than to prematurely flaunt the standings.

2011:
2011_coolstats_s_BOS.jpg

Tall4Life

We're still 5-5 in this series for the last two months so oh well

Red Sox nation crying to the umps, that 2nd pitch was a strike barely but you can't turn to the ump like that

lul that pitch wasn't barely a strike, it was clearly above the bottom corner

3N16MA

Banned
i dont know whats that has to do with celebrating the pennant one month before baseball is over when 2nd place team woll probrably be 3 1/2 games and the red hot Orioles are not that far behind.

Who got swept by the Padres?

The Padres once swept a team 6 seasons ago.

Line_HTX

Maybin and Altuve gon' steal all your bags so fast you wouldn't know what hit ya.

*Geese knocks down and picks sf2 off the ground throw

It's definitely not "no reward" when the man can hit 60 hrs a year. Those kind of guys don't come around very often.

that's a generous way of saying that he might hit 60 in one year

the thing about stanton's contract is that those last 3-5 years make it so that you HAVE to get amazing production out of him in the first several years, or it's not even close to justifiable. stanton is amazing this year, but i'd be worried that the best years you get out of him going forward might end up being like a 5 war 1b with a .900-.950 ops every year. a very good player, but not amazing.
i'm not going to laugh at whoever gets him or anything, but if i were the marlins, i would definitely be trading him this offseason while he's fresh off this insane season.

but this is all moot if he goes to the cardinals. if that happens, they'll get 4 years of an 1.100 ops and then trade him right before he falls off a cliff.

JoseDFrog

Banned
Why are these guys complaining so hard about expanded rosters? It’s up to your GM to build a deep squad and for your scouts to find out what other teams have. It’s good to give the regulars some rest and prepare for the playoffs.

It's definitely not "no reward" when the man can hit 60 hrs a year. Those kind of guys don't come around very often.

If he continues to play like he has, he's going to opt out. If he goes back to flukey injury Stanton, you are stuck with that contract. I'm not saying he's immovable, just that the Marlins would want a haul, and I think teams would be reluctant to give up too much, which will put them at an impasse. Besides Stanton's 2017 season is the only bright spot in like the last 2-3 years for the Marlins, Jeter would be killing a lot of goodwill by immediately turning around and trading him.

Astros have Correa back. With him back and Verlander in rotation, we are a force once again.

Dodgers need Seager back now. Shit. The team is shit without the Taylor, Seager, Turner, Bellinger batting lineup. Still need that 5th hitter that provides a lot of contact. Verdugo is the only guy I can imagine doing that as Barnes will always be the backup catcher this year. Forsythe and Granderson get walks, but don't get hits. Grandal is way too streaky.

This dude Line is trying to start a war with the Dodgers in every post. Don't talk about our boy Cody like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom