• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

RR30

Great major league debut for Garrett and BHam still owns Molina so that is nice. Lol at Arroyo pitching tomorrow. That could get ugly.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Is it too early to post this?

GiantsPlayoffChances.gif

zulux21

so while buxton alone kept the white sox from already winning the game (it would have been 4-0 in the first with only 1 out and a runner on second if buxton didn't make two great catches)

it's nice to see both shields and holland have solid first starts.

ideally they keep this up until june/july so the white sox can get a good player in return for them.

same with melky.

Our record against lefties we've never faced has to be around .200 on win percentage.

He's a rookie too, so probably less than that

If the Cardinals don't explode offensively tomorrow vs 40 year old Bronson Arroyo and Bad Cincinnati Bullpen I'm officially on the Cleveland bandwagon

BTM

The Twins are 4-0, best record in baseball.

They started last season 0-9.

1st time being 4-0 since 1987...also when we won the World Series.

Twins 2017 World Champs confirmed.

In all seriousness it's nice having some optimism to start the year. Hopefully the team keeps playing well.

1st time being 4-0 since 1987...also when we won the World Series.

Twins 2017 World Champs confirmed.

In all seriousness it's nice having some optimism to start the year. Hopefully the team keeps playing well.

I was ticked because you've been free chicken the past two seasons in an otherwise tough division. With the Twins looking great, AL Central will be a bloodbath. It's early, but KC may well end up in the cellar.

First win of the season!
giphy.gif

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anthony DiComo‏ @AnthonyDiComo

The Mets just made their first roster move of the season, expanding their bullpen to eight. They called up Paul Sewald, DFA'd Ty Kelly.

This loss was frustrating, it just got away because of a few bad pitches. But severing needs to learn to bear down with runners in base. And whose idea was it to bring in Tyler clippard.

zulux21

I was ticked because you've been free chicken the past two seasons in an otherwise tough division. With the Twins looking great, AL Central will be a bloodbath. It's early, but KC may well end up in the cellar.

First win of the season!
http://media.giphy.com/media/EgvHKApzL5OeI/giphy.gif[img][/QUOTE]

I think the white sox will have that locked down.

even if they do better than expected (as they are a better team than most people are giving them credit for)

I imagine before the trade deadline anyone with only the rest of the year on contract are gone.

for example
Melky Cabrera (who has started the season on fire)
todd frazier (assume he ever starts hitting)
Geovany Soto (back up catcher)

will likely be gone

and
Derek Holland
James Shields

will both no doubt be gone if they pitch well. which is 40% of the starting rotation right now.

I mean that being said
Matt Davidson might actually have the season he has been expected to have for years.
the current main catcher for the white sox looks pretty decent.
the white sox second baseman can do it all (and I do pretty much mean all, he played every position but catcher or pitcher during the last season and he was playing catcher in spring training this year and might even pitched a bit lol) so when the white sox call up the number 2 prospect in baseball he can take melky's spot.

and for the pitching most of the top talent in the white sox farm (which is a decent amount now) is very well regarded pitchers so replacing holland and shields shouldn't be that hard.

thus if the white sox are doing better than expected (around .500) they might still trade and just bring up the youth. if they aren't though I imagine they still do trades and then bring up a bunch of nobodies to finish the season and be at the bottom of the division.

I imagine before the trade deadline anyone with only the rest of the year on contract are gone.

For us it's:
Hosmer
Moustakas
Escobar
Cain

I expect all of them to be gone by the trade deadline, especially if we're out of contention. We might make a move to keep Cain, but I don't see it happening financially.

zulux21

For us it's:
Hosmer
Moustakas
Escobar
Cain

I expect all of them to be gone by the trade deadline, especially if we're out of contention. We might make a move to keep Cain, but I don't see it happening financially.

ah fair enough.

though I kind of expected you guys to sign hosmer to a contract as the face of your club.

I suppose tragically losing one of your starters really didn't help either.

I have no doubt the royals will build back up quickly though. in a few years when the indians, white sox, twins, royals are all fielding great teams and the tigers and their whipping team will be interesting.

I wonder if the white sox trade jose abreu and feel like they can compete next year if they would go after hosmer.

I like watching him play so that could be fun.

Chris R

RISP with zero outs is the Mariners kryptonite

edit: anything positive is, ignore that RISP bit.

ARFGGHWEGIHNIVHIUBVIDBGPSF

ah fair enough.

though I kind of expected you guys to sign hosmer to a contract as the face of your club.

I suppose tragically losing one of your starters really didn't help either.

I have no doubt the royals will build back up quickly though. in a few years when the indians, white sox, twins, royals are all fielding great teams and the tigers and their whipping team will be interesting.

I wonder if the white sox trade jose abreu and feel like they can compete next year if they would go after hosmer.

I like watching him play so that could be fun.

I wish we could keep him, but the team is cheap and I don't see it happening. I've expected him in Yankee stripes for some time now. His numbers aren't amazing, but he's a clutch hitter and very marketable. Teammates and opponents seem to really like him. He's a bit like Melky, friendly and chatting up everyone at 1B.

I always love when Melky comes back to town. His 2011 season with KC was ridiculously good, and he left under good terms. He always seems to be having fun out there.

Loco4Coco

Hopefully Collins benches Reyes tonight against the LH starter and starts Flores. Reyes has look absolutely lost at the plate, Rosario can't be called quick enough.

Ian Browne‏Verified account
@IanMBrowne

Following
More
Joe Kelly latest to have flu. Hanley tests positive for influenza. Hard to imagine he plays in this series.

Everyone is sick.

Related: Apparently Mookie Blaylock is flying to Detroit and may be available to PH

I am so excited to watch Arroyo pitch today. He has always been my favorite Red and...we don't have too much else going for us this year.

Kick that leg way up high.

He's a rookie too, so probably less than that

If the Cardinals don't explode offensively tomorrow vs 40 year old Bronson Arroyo and Bad Cincinnati Bullpen I'm officially on the Cleveland bandwagon

Cool, 6R so far in 4 innings. Looks like I'm not gonna have to bandwagon on Cleveland yet

edit: into the Bad Cincinnati Bullpen for 4 innings right now. Can't wait!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Hopefully Collins benches Reyes tonight against the LH starter and starts Flores. Reyes has look absolutely lost at the plate, Rosario can't be called quick enough.

He heard your plea. Flores is starting at third tonight.

Grandy, Cabrera, Ces, Flores, Walker, Bruce, Duda, Travis, Gsellman.

Parch

Blue jays bullpen is a fucking mess. Geez
That whole game was 4 hours of sloppy, but yeah, I had my doubts about Howell when he was signed. Biagini needs to play a significant set up role this year or there's going to be some frustrating losses.

I'm not too worried about Liriano unless he starts making that train wreck of a 1st a habit. Gotta love starting the season with a 135 ERA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom