• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manfred wants to consider a rule that would limit the number of pitchers that could be used in an inning.

MLB should really get a guy that doesn't hate baseball to be commissioner.

Wait, how would that work once the limit is reached?

Presumably it would be intended to stop Bochy/TLR-isms, ie. bring in reliever, he gets 1 out, sub out reliever, new reliever gets 1 out, etc. Basically would kill LOOGYs, although I don't know how many of them even have jobs today.

It would have to allow substitutions if relievers were giving up hits/walks I'm sure

Still a bad idea

Chris R

Manfred wants to consider a rule that would limit the number of pitchers that could be used in an inning.

MLB should really get a guy that doesn't hate baseball to be commissioner.

It's a tough job, but I'll take it if needed.

First rule is to bring back pitching to intentional walk.

Lunar FC

ROX WIN

tenor.gif

rekameohs

Banned
44 runs in 6 games.
Every single win being come from behind.
Greinke looking like Greinke.
Taking series from SF and Cleveland.

Who are you people?!

clav

Dude is good, but not good enough to rescue a mediocre offense who's heart of the order is an aging streaky mess.

I guess you're referring to the player who was caught with PEDs?

I haven't really looked at Seattle outside of James Paxton who throws 100 mph fastballs although tends to injure himself. King Felix is older but still can throw. Diaz is a top tier closer.

Jean Segura + Kyle Seager are OK. Danny Valencia was with the A's and had some hitting streaks last season.

As for everyone else, I don't really know.

Looking at the lineup, yeah team's batting cleanup are old hitters although age didn't seem to stop David Ortiz for the Red Sox for quite a while. Strikeouts are high in one and BABIP is low for a small sample size, so there should be a rebound soon. Only one week into the season.

Try to keep in mind that April tends to be a weird month. If you're looking for a reason, some people say because of the cool weather, players don't hit as well.

Mortemis

Banned
I guess you're referring to the player who was caught with PEDs?

I haven't really looked at Seattle outside of James Paxton who throws 100 mph fastballs although tends to injure himself. King Felix is older but still can throw. Diaz is a top tier closer.

Jean Segura + Kyle Seager are OK. Danny Valencia was with the A's and had some hitting streaks last season.

As for everyone else, I don't really know.

Looking at the lineup, yeah team's batting cleanup are old hitters although age didn't seem to stop David Ortiz for the Red Sox for quite a while. Strikeouts are high in one and BABIP is low for a small sample size, so there should be a rebound soon. Only one week into the season.

I'm referring to Cano-Cruz-Seager. I have faith in Cano and Seager to bounce back (Seager usually has bad Aprils) but Cruz really worries me. He's been fighting the age curve for a while, it's probably the year he collapses.

Outside of that, I think our offense will be decent when they start hitting. I feel like we're lacking some power though, last year we had Adam Lind/Dae Ho Lee and Seth Smith/Franklin Gutierrez who all hit for power quite a bit, and this team will miss that, even with the improved defense.

Thanks btw. I think this team can be good, especially with the bullpen when it's healthy and with Drew Smyly healthy too. Just really annoyed at this poor offensive start.

Yeah, he was caught with PEDs and faced a suspension before.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that. Yep.

clav

Victor Martinez from the Detroit Tigers is old, and he still hits HRs.

I'm referring to Cano-Cruz-Seager. I have faith in Cano and Seager to bounce back (Seager usually has bad Aprils) but Cruz really worries me. He's been fighting the age curve for a while, it's probably the year he collapses.

Outside of that, I think our offense will be decent when they start hitting. I feel like we're lacking some power though, last year we had Adam Lind/Dae Ho Lee and Seth Smith/Franklin Gutierrez who all hit for power quite a bit, and this team will miss that, even with the improved defense.

Thanks btw. I think this team can be good, especially with the bullpen when it's healthy and with Drew Smyly healthy too. Just really annoyed at this poor offensive start.

Yeah, Cruz was caught with PEDs and faced a suspension before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom