• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

I don't recall disliking that team until the summer. I don't have much optimism for this group.

That team at least had some level of identity. It took LaRussa a while to get it together (once the cancer of Rasmus was gone), he finally got the right guys in the clubhouse. Matheny isn't near as good at bringing a clubhouse together. As Bernie Miklasz puts it, its a group of "independent contractors". Pretty much nails it. This team has zero identity behind it.

I know Matheny gets a lot of praise over his wins total, but really, his in game decision making is beyond atrocious. When you have Adams starting games in LF, Wong being benched already in favor of offense, tonight you have Martinez starting 1B, its like Matheny cannot help himself to constantly do this "play numerous positions" offense. Doesn't help that both sides are just flat. They're gonna turn it around, because there is a lot of talent on this team, but they are really lacking a truce ace, and a true bat to fear in this lineup.

Chris R

Please explain to me why there are toasted grasshoppers at SafeCo.

Why not?

Probably one of the tamest ball park additions I can think of these past few years.

I'm going to get a cup when I'm there in May/June (and some Halal Guys, they should be open by then).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom