• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foul ball gaf?

hShGYHO.jpg

I now have altuve and McCann foul balls. With a cap signed by Correa and strom, my dreams as a lifelong astros fan have been fulfilled these past years in Seattle.

All I need is the playoff hr--denied by my fellow astrodome pavilion holders in the 90s. Admittedly I was under 5 feet at the time. Fucking braves...

Brashnir

lucky

Never even been close to a foul ball or a homer in any of my games, ever :(

When I was a kid and went with a glove, I never had a foul ball or homer within 100 feet of me. As a gloveless adult, I've had a couple ricocheting balls bounce off my fingertips. And once I picked one up that bounced under the seat I was in (hit the facade of the upper deck and bounced back into the lower deck) during a playoff game and gave it to a 8-9 year old kid next to me. I fell on top of the kid grabbing it. It only felt right.

When I was a kid and went with a glove, I never had a foul ball or homer within 100 feet of me. As a gloveless adult, I've had a couple ricocheting balls bounce off my fingertips. And once I picked one up that bounced under the seat I was in (hit the facade of the upper deck and bounced back into the lower deck) during a playoff game and gave it to a 8-9 year old kid next to me. I fell on top of the kid grabbing it. It only felt right.
It also depends on where you are. My location has had three foul balls within fifty feet. My approximate area will often get foul balls. It helps being in less populace areas.

Brashnir

It also depends on where you are. My location has had three foul balls within fifty feet. My approximate area will often get foul balls. It helps being in less populace areas.

yep, absolutely. I've tended to get better seats as an adult than I did as a kid. My parents had 5 kids to raise, while I'm a single dude who can splurge a little more.

yep, absolutely. I've tended to get better seats as an adult than I did as a kid. My parents had 5 kids to raise, while I'm a single dude who can splurge a little more.
Sounds right in line with my own experience :)

Those pavilion seats were like 10$
Edit:late 90s astrodome pavilion. I could also be incredibly wrong here. I'm more used to Enron/mm field astros.

Foul ball gaf?

hShGYHO.jpg

Had one from Dimitri Young at Cinergy Field back when he played for the Reds. Had a hot dog in my left hand, tried to catch it with my right. Hit my palm with a thunderous smack, dropped straight down, and I picked it up. I was in my twenties at the time and there was a kid next to me that seemed upset that a ball came so close yet he didn't get it. A bunch of older guys behind me started saying "give it to the kid". All I said to them as a smart ass answer was "I am a kid". I think my point was I've been coming to games since I was the other kids age and always wanted a foul ball. That didn't die at a certain age. I see the old guys point of view though to as that ball is long gone. I held onto it for several years until a friend and I wanted to toss baseball and it was the only ball around. The memory is so vivid though.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yay, I guess. Lastflowers probably brings good luck by catching foul balls and showing up on TV, lmao

I remember seeing him when he sat down at the third base line a few years ago at SafeCo.

Late night games are the worst on the East. Time zones should be obliterated.

Anyways, Giles almost shit the bed again, but they held off.

Bats finally came alive.

1e6HjRp.gif

Parch

I got a few foul balls but it was triple-A. Smaller stadium, smaller crowd. Gave them to kids.
Edmonton hosted the world juniors a couple of times so I got some foul balls there too. Took one square in the chest once that knocked the wind out of me.

Rhaegar

T-Mobile killing MLB subscriptions if they aren't used on T-Mobile phones. Just a heads up.

Yeah, i got zapped. Thought I was pretty damn careful about using it only when connected to wifi too. Wondering if there's any utility in trying to appeal and then only using it on non-mobile devices.

Sanjuro

Fenway has been more generous than it has been in years. Bobblehead promos left and right. Got a decent sized french fry helmet which I use for desk snacks now.

Give me more stupid free shit!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Fenway has been more generous than it has been in years. Bobblehead promos left and right. Got a decent sized french fry helmet which I use for desk snacks now.

Give me more stupid free shit!
Got to keep those pink hat fans happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom