• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2k7: Money Talks and Bullshit Walks

Damn, if only I could have scored two runs in either of the first two games :(

Tough series for me. I feel like the Astros after they were swept by the White Sox in an extremely closely contended World Series :lol

Game 1: 1-0 Solo HR in 8th inning
Game 2: 1-0 Solo HR in 9th inning
Game 3: 7-2 Close game (2-1) until Bonderman was tired

Those solo HR's didn't bother me, that's how my friend used to beat me in MVP 2005.

Cloudy

Banned
No curveball = death in this game.

Wang has no curve and I still dominated your guys. The key is to mix it up and use the batter strengths/weaknesses menu...

edit: "Wang has no curve" :lol

Cloudy said:
Wang has no curve and I still dominated your guys. The key is to mix it up and use the batter strengths/weaknesses menu...

edit: "Wang has no curve" :lol

:lol

b-b-but Wang is different than most pitchers... :lol

...and I must be hallucinating. I just saw a debate on ESPN asking "who's the better team: Patriots or Spurs?" Seriously WTF (off topic I know).

damn one and done... i hate the mets... and the yankees!

uh oh, alex just heard about what happened... i can't control the reprecussions of your transgressions in madden... alex has to have his way, it's not me!

alex_smith.jpg

Dez said:
alright where's Pheenix?!

He's on AIM, but away, I doubt he'll be around to get the games in tonight...

I would play for him if you'd agree to it Dez... I don't think he's too into the league right now. That'd be funny if I beat you with the M's :lol (won't happen)

It's not a problem if you'd rather just wait and play Pheeniks, I'm just trying to help a brotha out :D

Dez

I don't care either way.. I won't be able to play tonight either (i gotta plan these games hours in advance so i can head out to my friend's). Ask pheenix for me if he cares, then let me know a time tomorrow if you're gonna be playing as him.

Dez said:
I don't care either way.. I won't be able to play tonight either (i gotta plan these games hours in advance so i can head out to my friend's). Ask pheenix for me if he cares, then let me know a time tomorrow if you're gonna be playing as him.

Oh OK. I thought you wanted to get your series in tonight. I won't be around for the next couple days, so it'll work better if you play Pheeniks.

Good luck.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
Congrats on the series win DCX. Mets and Yankees round 2 matchup. That'll be a good one.
It should be! I predict alot of home runs will be hit! The fearless forrrrcaster!

DCX

Wait....I didn't realize I took over DM full time. My bad, I thought I was just playing against Konex/Yankees for him.

Should I play for him?

Dez

pheeniks said:
Wait....I didn't realize I took over DM full time. My bad, I thought I was just playing against Konex/Yankees for him.

Should I play for him?

Yeah you should.. DM isnt' playing. If not I don't mind a good old forfeit :p

BirdBomb

Banned
Reds take the series 3-1.

Albert was like 4/9 with 3 HRs and 5RBI's, and reached base twice on errors in the series, so i solved that with the good ol' bean ball. funner that a walk, same result.

good series Bluemax. figured you had that game 4 when u jumped out the a 4-0 lead in the 1st.

Dez

BirdBomb said:
:( i dont want to face Holladay again :(

lol. I wouldn't be surprised with an upset. I haven't played in weeks, thanks to my busted 360 + MLB The Show. So what do you say Pheenix? Are we gonna play our series or should you just forfeit. I think I deserve a bye actually :p

BirdBomb

Banned
I vote he plays you 1 game, get's Halladay our of the way, then forfeits, giving me 3 straight games without halladay, thus giving the the 3-0 sweep.

DCX

DCX
Cloudy said:
You guys have till tomorrow night to play or I'll just forfeit. Lemme know...
How are you feeling about this epic series before you? Mets VS Yanks, the battle between bitter Yankee fans...it will be great...unless i lose! :lol :lol

DCX

Dez

Cloudy said:
You guys have till tomorrow night to play or I'll just forfeit. Lemme know...

Alright, I have my friend's 360 for a week, and should get my replacement after that.. So I'm good to go. Pheenix, if you're up to play our series tonight after I get back from the Jay game (11ish) post here, let me know. Otherwise Konex, forfeit it and I'll play Bird.

Cloudy

Banned
DCX said:
How are you feeling about this epic series before you? Mets VS Yanks, the battle between bitter Yankee fans...it will be great...unless i lose! :lol :lol

DCX

I'm catiusly optimistic :D

Ugh, sorry Dez---I haven't been in this league for so long that I forget to check. Catch me on AIM "the pheeniks" we'll see if we can work something out...

Dez

pheeniks said:
Ugh, sorry Dez---I haven't been in this league for so long that I forget to check. Catch me on AIM "the pheeniks" we'll see if we can work something out...

k i tried adding you through my icq account on trillian. so if you see a bunch of #s (4065341) trying to add you, don't block it :p

EDIT: BTW Bird, your avatar is asking my browser to login to photofile.com. Change it!

Looks like Konex and DCX are having a close series, tied with one game each...

BirdBomb you won't be able to play until Monday!? Lame. :lol

DCX

DCX
Cloudy said:
It's down to one game in the Yankees/Mets series :eek:
Man i think my internet is out at my house...if not we can finish it tonight. That second game sucked, i didn't even want to play it, Konex forced my hand...bastard :p

DCX

This thread had been quiet for a while and I know that you have a baby coming soon DCX, so I thought maybe you had a new baby boy or girl at your household and that's why you hadn't finished your series. :lol

Personally, after seeing Knocked Up last night, I'm scared shitless of having kids :( (well, only the whole pregnancy and childbirth part...)

Anyways, good luck to both of you with that final game. May the best man win!

Also, go Pistons! Hopefully we can stop The King from going off again [crosses fingers]...

Cloudy

Banned
DCX said:
Man i think my internet is out at my house...if not we can finish it tonight. That second game sucked, i didn't even want to play it, Konex forced my hand...bastard :p

DCX

I'm here now

DCX

DCX
Cloudy said:
I'm here now
Tonight for sure. I had some things come up. Tonight i have to go get my sister from the bus station at 2 am est, so i will be up :p I can play our final game of the series tonight.

DCX

BirdBomb

Banned
well, im back guys. 360 is dead again, but was sent off the day after i left. should be here tuesday-thursday, prolly wednesday. last time it took less than a week to get back, so no worries! from what i understand the other series isn't over yet, right? anywho, im still here, still ready to play, just waiting for the 360 to get back.

Dez

BirdBomb said:
well, im back guys. 360 is dead again, but was sent off the day after i left. should be here tuesday-thursday, prolly wednesday. last time it took less than a week to get back, so no worries! from what i understand the other series isn't over yet, right? anywho, im still here, still ready to play, just waiting for the 360 to get back.

alright let me know when you're ready to go.. tuesday and thursday i'm free after 11pm eastern and earlier in the day (before 5).

BirdBomb

Banned
Well, when i got home, ando told me that the 360 box only took a day to get here, and it's already in McAllen. I should get it back tuesday, or wednesday if the pattern keeps up. don't worry, you'll win soon enough.

Top Bottom