• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2k7: Money Talks and Bullshit Walks

JuanMR2

I won't be able to play today, I had a family emergency this afternoon and unless I get some good news tonight I will probably be out of the league. I'm apologize in advance for not completing the season...I'll drop out later tonight so someone outside of the playoff picture can takeover...thanks

Just got back from the Tigers game where they kicked the Cards ass :D

I'm sorry to hear that you have to drop out Juan, it's always a pleasure to have you in our leagues. I hope that everything goes good in your life and I hope to see you back for season 2.

I'll be around for another hour or so if anyone on my schedule wants to get a game in (Cincy, Florida, Seattle)...

Yeah---good luck Juan...hope things turn out okay.

I'm playing Konex right now with the Mariners....I will stop this classic Yankee stuff!

in 2 games jose guillen's robbed like 5 homers :lol :lol :lol

I'm looking to get in some games in the next couple hours or late(r) tonight.

I still need to play Seattle (3 games), Florida (2 games), and Cincinatti (2 games, but no 360 right now).

So, is DM dropping from the league or are you just playing some games for him, Pheeniks? If he dropped, then we would be down to 8 teams with owners, so we could consider starting the playoffs earlier, since the regular season wouldn't eliminate anyone from the postseason, but would of course still determine the playoff matchups. It's up to everyone, I'm just itching for some post-season baseball action (I'll take the 8th seed, I don't care) :D

-and if the season ended today, the final standings (of teams with owners, based on win %) would be:

1. Blue Jays
2. Yankees
3. Mets
4. Cardinals
5. Reds
6. Tigers
7. Mariners
8. Marlins (Marlins and Mariners have same win %, Mariners played more games)

Playoff matchups would be

Blue Jays vs. Marlins
Yankees vs. Mariners
Mets vs. Tigers
Cards vs. Reds

Yeah... I'm bored at the moment

edit: didn't mean to make it sound like I hope you dropped DM, just checking.

DCX

DCX
I would hate for the playoffs to start now, but i want to play more often, i'm trying to keep our commitment to this league instead of doing what i want to do and play HALO 3 all day! :lol I feel like i'm getting a hang of playing with the amazins and i wanna bring New York a world title.

DCX

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:
Yeah---good luck Juan...hope things turn out okay.

I'm playing Konex right now with the Mariners....I will stop this classic Yankee stuff!

in 2 games jose guillen's robbed like 5 homers :lol :lol :lol
Hey are you around to play our series?

DCX

DCX said:
Hey are you around to play our series?

DCX

I talked to Pheeniks earlier tonight, and he didn't take over for Seattle full time, just for the Yankees series. I don't know if DM would care if he played against you too or not.

It seems like interest in this league has died down a lot :lol We're going to make it through this dammit!

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
I talked to Pheeniks earlier tonight, and he didn't take over for Seattle full time, just for the Yankees series. I don't know if DM would care if he played against you too or not.

It seems like interest in this league has died down a lot :lol We're going to make it through this dammit!
...this sucks...it's almost confired...no league but the Madden leagues survives, there were some good NBA 2k7 leagues but man...at least this one lasted longer than the NHL 2k7 league...one game.

DCX

DCX said:
...this sucks...it's almost confired...no league but the Madden leagues survives, there were some good NBA 2k7 leagues but man...at least this one lasted longer than the NHL 2k7 league...one game.

DCX

We're going to finish this league. Regular season ends no later than Friday and then we start with the first round of playoffs. I think we still have 8 people that are playing in the league, so it should be a pretty fun post-season (in addition to a good regular season thus far).

Cloudy

Banned
We're gonna finish the league. If DM is out, Pheeniks will take over for him..

Our main problems with this league have been broken xboxes (Pheeniks, Dez, Bird) and Pheeniks has his back now...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Broken games too Konex....

NEVER FORGET!

Dez

I fear that I'm gonna suck now that I have been only playing Show.. in that game you actually wait and recognize pitches, and can check your swing :lol

Dez said:
I fear that I'm gonna suck now that I have been only playing Show.. in that game you actually wait and recognize pitches, and can check your swing :lol

I'm glad to hear that you're planning on finishing out the season. I was worried that you might drop out after playing the Show :lol I want my shot at knocking you out of the post-season :D

I finished my series with Florida yesterday, so I still have to play Seattle and Cincy (hopefully will be getting his 360 back tomorrow or tuesday). I'll be around tonight Pheeniks/DM if you can play our Mariners/Tigers series...

Dez

ChrisJames said:
I'm glad to hear that you're planning on finishing out the season. I was worried that you might drop out after playing the Show :lol I want my shot at knocking you out of the post-season :D

Haha.. I still like 2k7, and there's no way I'm passing up the 1st seed :p I haven't received my coffin from MS though, so I probably won't be able to finish my regular season games. I'll do the playoffs no matter what though, I'll go to my friends' to play if i have to. How are the playoffs going to work? Are they 3 game series? Do we have to use all 5 starters? etc

Dez said:
How are the playoffs going to work? Are they 3 game series? Do we have to use all 5 starters? etc

We're having 5 game series, which seems long, but will guarantee that the most deserving teams advance. I know that I will only be using 4 starters for my playoff rotation, so no, you don't need to have a 5 man rotation (4 minimum though). Also, you can have a different rotation than what you had during the regular season, just specify what it will be before playing your series.

Dez

ChrisJames said:
We're having 5 game series, which seems long, but will guarantee that the most deserving teams advance. I know that I will only be using 4 starters for my playoff rotation, so no, you don't need to have a 5 man rotation (4 minimum though). Also, you can have a different rotation than what you had during the regular season, just specify what it will be before playing your series.

OK. Do we get to start each series with the top of the rotation?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hang on are we starting the playoffs now? i have to get mentally prepared for the upset of a lifetime...

ok im mentally prepared!

:lol

I don't believe we're starting until Friday, but we could conceivably start earlier if we wanted. I would like to finish my 5 remaining games to try and improve my winning % and hopefully sneak out of the 7 spot...

-Show yourself DM! I know you want revenge for our 23 inning game from the other league!

bluemax

Banned
Oakland, Seattle, Houston, Florida if any of you guys want to play hit me up on AIM.

I'd have more games played if two of my opponents 360s hadn't up and died on them :(

BirdBomb

Banned
well, im on now. if anyone on my schedule wants to play (Tigers, Marlins, Mariners, A's, Astros) hit me up on AIM, or on live (BirdSiht)

BirdBomb, I'll be able to play our 2 games in 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I'll look for you on AIM around then.

-well I haven't seen you online over the past 45 min. so I'm going to bed. I have to get up early tomorrow, but I will be around basically all of Thursday (I won't be around tomorrow).

DCX

DCX
Holy crap! I was playing my franchise and i just scored 31 runs on 35 hits :lol And pitched a 3 hit shutout LOL Bring it on!

DCX

DCX

DCX
Cloudy said:
Your sliders must be jacked up :lol

PS: Playoffs start friday night...
Not really, but my created player is :p Carlos Miranda is a triple crown contender :) I'm 79-24 with the Yanks. On another note. I think we can assume the season is over and the playoffs will just start on Friday. I would like to address my availability's. I can start my playoff serries after 11:30pm est on Friday with a TBA sched on the weekend. I won't know when i will be ready to play until at least Friday night which i will post an update.

DCX

BirdBomb, I'll be around from now until late this evening if you want to get our 2 games in before the end of the season.

Also, we need to know who is the Mariners owner, because DM hasn't said if he's still playing or not. Finally, we need to decide if we are going to base the final standings on what our record is as of now or if it should be based on after all 32 games have been simulated out. Personally, I think we should set up playoff matchups based on what the standings are on Friday (win %).

Dez

For me, just tell me when you want to play a few hours ahead of time. I'll arrange to go to my friend's house to play.

Damn, if no one's going to be playing any games before tomorrow we might as well advance to the playoffs tonight. I'm going out of town Saturday morning and won't be back until late Tuesday night (I might be able to get some games in Monday though), so I'd like to get my playoff series in soon.

Here's the match-ups as of this post:

(1) Blue Jays vs. (8) Mariners

(2) Yankees vs. (7) Tigers

(3) Mets vs. (6) Marlins

(4) Cardinals vs. (5) Reds

I'll wait a couple hours and see if anyone has any problems with advancing to the playoffs tonight...

Cloudy said:
CJ, I'm logging back in

My 360 just froze again (probably on its last legs) and I have to get up early, so I'm going to get some sleep.

Game 1 was a tough loss for me, but a great game overall.

BirdBomb

Banned
BlueMax, you have me blocked on aim, guy. can u unblock me so we can get this beatdown over with?:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Cloudy said:
Hehe, you should have brought in Zoom :p

I feel bad bringing in Zumaya seeing how he's injured right now, but I'm not holding back anymore this series :D

I can play whenever you're around tonight. I don't have any plans other than watching the Tigers crush the Indians (gotta work in the morning)...

Dez

ChrisJames said:
I feel bad bringing in Zumaya seeing how he's injured right now, but I'm not holding back anymore this series :D

does that mean i can not use bj ryan in the ninth now that he's injured? :lol

Dez said:
does that mean i can not use bj ryan in the ninth now that he's injured? :lol

I wish :(
If I can repeat last year's ALDS and slay the Yanks

I'll be ready to play whenever you are Konex.

Top Bottom