• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2k7: Money Talks and Bullshit Walks

Cloudy said:
Yeah, it was crazy :lol

PS: 4 series done now. That should hold us over for a bit..

Thanks for working on the schedule.

Does everyone like the sliders? I'll go through and make sure they're looking good, but I probably won't adjust anything unless you guys think we need it. I'll have a feel for them after I play a few games. I didn't end up working today so I should be able to play some games in a couple hours.

For the final 5 games we could either have the best teams play each other to help solidify the playoff standings (kind of a playoff before the playoffs) or we could just have rival matchups.

I'll post some rules and pitcher rotations on the league site later today.

DCX said:
Chris i can play tonight after 11pm est.

Ok sounds good.

OK, I've got pitching rotations up on the site.

If anyone on my schedule (Reds, Cardinals, and Astros) wants a game within the next few hours let me know.

edit: nevermind, I can't play right now, but later tonight or this week I can play.

DMczaf

The sliders are jacked right now. They are all at 0 :lol

I tried playing Juan and all his pitches were moving like they were underwater.

DMczaf said:

And Konex was asking me while I was complaining to him earlier on AIM "Dude, are you sure you're playing in the right league??"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:

That sucks. I'll have to put the settings back to normal here in a few minutes...

Cloudy said:
CJ, the sliders go back to 0 if any league settings are changed. Keep that in mind :p

Oh, that must be why. I put trading back on using the league site. I don't expect to have any trades, but I don't think we should necessarily forbid them. That's pretty weird that 2k does that. I put the sliders back to where they should be. I have power low (15 for power, 5 for swing stick) and outfielder speed turned down a notch. It should be good now, but as always, feedback is welcome.

DCX where you at man?

DCX

DCX
here, i live farther than i did at my last place from work, give me like 20 before i can play, my preggo wife needs a massage :p

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Pheeniks I probably won't be home until around 8pm PST or so tonight depending upon how coding this project goes. Starting Wednesday I'll be home at like 5pm PST every night.

Hey Bluemax, can I get your pitching rotation so I can put it up on the league site.

Chad Durbin just gave up 8 runs (2 2/3 innings) in his first start of the season for me. I'm going to have to get a 5th starter, so I'm going to do a 3 player trade with Birdbomb. I'm giving up Monroe, Maroth, and Ledezma for Arroyo, Saarloos, and Freel. Hopefully this is all right with everyone...

So my new rotation will be:

Verlander
Bonderman
Arroyo
Robertson
Saarloos

BirdBomb

Banned
This makes my new rotation

1-Aaron Harang
2-Matt Belisle
3-Eric Milton
4-Mike Maroth
5-Kyle Lohse

how much better can u get than my Offensive lineup?

RF - Craig Monroe (.429)
CF - Ken Griffey Jr. (.308)
LF - Adam Dunn (.391)
3rd-Edwin Encarnacion (.406)
2nd-Brandon Phillips (.300)
1st -Scott Hatteberg (.250)
C - David Ross (.231)

Be afrain, be VERY afrain

p.s. Yankees lineup doesn't count.

BirdBomb said:
how much better can u get than my Offensive lineup?

RF - Craig Monroe (.429)
CF - Ken Griffey Jr. (.308)
LF - Adam Dunn (.391)
3rd-Edwin Encarnacion (.406)
2nd-Brandon Phillips (.300)
1st -Scott Hatteberg (.250)
C - David Ross (.231)

CF-Granderson
2B-Polanco
DH-Sheffield
RF-Ordonez
SS-Guillen
C-Pudge
LF-Thames/Freel
1B-Casey

3B-Inge

That's how much better your offensive lineup can get :D

BirdBomb

Banned
yeah, f'ing Graderson robbed me of 2 STRAIGHT homers.

I'll be ready to play the last 2 games tonight if you're around, when's the latest u can play?

BirdBomb said:
yeah, f'ing Graderson robbed me of 2 STRAIGHT homers.

I'll be ready to play the last 2 games tonight if you're around, when's the latest u can play?

I think I'm going to finish my series with DCX tonight at around 11:30, but I could play a game after that (maybe before). I'll be on AIM later.

pheeniks said:
I would love to play a series but ****ing 2k is down

Of course it goes down when I need to finish my series with DCX and play my NBA league game.

Damn 2k. They better get this shit fixed fast. :lol

2k always going down is so inconvenient. Couple that with the fact that my XBL connection is so haywire, and it makes me want to go to the xbox headquarters or something and shit on their sidewalk.

Me and Juan couldn't play last night. Did everything we could---routers, resets, etc. Any suggestions..?

What an awful night last night :(

pheeniks said:
Me and Juan couldn't play last night. Did everything we could---routers, resets, etc. Any suggestions..?

What an awful night last night :(

pheeniks said:
...it makes me want to go to the xbox headquarters or something and shit on their sidewalk.

They're watching you!

Seriously though, DCX and I had some connection issues (one game dropped after 5 innings, another time it kicked us after the first pitch) last night when we were playing our MLB games, so maybe 2k's servers were still acting weird after being down the night before. Otherwise, it's probably because of router(s) if either of you were playing through one. Hopefully it'll work next time you try...

edit: n/m I see that you guys all ready thought of routers.

Dez

Dez said:
alright. after the jays whoop the yanks IRL.

What time? I'm good with 10 o clock, i'll be in the lobby.

EDIT: My bad konex, i have to watch hockey tonight. I can play after 1:30 if you're still up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm when we playing?

Matrix

No ****ing way

I was mlb-ing on my 360 this morning and suddenly the Marlins unis turned green. next thing I know, everything's green...so I turned the shit off, turned it back on, and nothing works now. I can't get an audio signal, no video signal, tried it on multiple tvs, etc. and this shit just doesn't work. Broken POS I guess, and I think I'll have to send it in unless by some miracle it repairs itself when I return this afternoon.

I went ahead and added 2 more series to everyone's schedule. So we have 6 series' scheduled...

Pheeniks did your 360 work tonight or is it done for? I'm telling you, it's because you said you wanted to go to MS headquarters and poop on the sidewalk :lol Or maybe it's just a sign that you need to purchase an "Elite" :lol

Hopefully it works for you. You could always try the ol' towel trick...

Matrix

Chris or Dm,one of you want to play after the Lakers game is over?

DMczaf

poster.jpg

ChrisJames said:
I went ahead and added 2 more series to everyone's schedule. So we have 6 series' scheduled...

Pheeniks did your 360 work tonight or is it done for? I'm telling you, it's because you said you wanted to go to MS headquarters and poop on the sidewalk :lol Or maybe it's just a sign that you need to purchase an "Elite" :lol

Hopefully it works for you. You could always try the ol' towel trick...

:lol

Those ****ers! What's the towel trick...? It's still not working...

pheeniks said:
:lol

Those ****ers! What's the towel trick...? It's still not working...

OK. The towel trick is something along the lines of wrapping your 360 in a towel and letting it run for 15-20 minutes (basically making it overheat) and then you turn the power off, take the towel off (I think) and let it chill for like 15 minutes and it might work again.

I don't know the exact method, but I'm sure you could find the website pretty easily. Just search xbox 360 towel trick or something similar on Google. It's worked for a surprising amount of people... Obviously it's not going to be a permanent fix, but it might help you out for now.

edit: They say to only keep the towel on for 10 minutes, but I'm not so sure that it's going to help you at all after reading some stuff about it :lol

Matrix

Ok Dm <3 meet me in the lobby.

Of course Dm gets to see two of my worst starters,lucky sob :p

DMczaf

Looks like I'm back to my shitty offense after 1 moment of glory against Juan. Warning track power is my team's motto!

Matrix

Dm chokes away game 1 :lol Dm's whole pen is Lidge like.

DM LETS FINISH THIS SERIES!

Matrix

haha you robbed me of some yourself

DMczaf

Its great that you are getting over the Rockets loss by beating up on my team, so I can deal with losing in MLB AND the Rockets loss :p

Top Bottom