• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jays fans shouldn't fret. This only guarantees they are going to go hard after Fielder now.

Darvish is going to bust anyways, just like every Japanese pitching import does. Have fun facing Albert in the AL West!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i like that the rangers went all out to get darvish and yet didn't resign wilson who could be had for cheaper and is probably not that worse (if at all).

Nobility

Banned
If the Rangers manage to get Fielder, I have to wonder what limits does the team have. They will be spending like crazy this off season, I wonder what Yu's contract will look like.

Malo

Banned
i like that the rangers went all out to get darvish and yet didn't resign wilson who could be had for cheaper and is probably not that worse (if at all).
I was thinking the same thing. They're probably going to spend over $100 mil on an unknown when they could have had CJ for less. They must really believe Darvish is going to be great.

Congrats to the rangers. I do believe he's going to be good.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Fuck the Jays. Fuck Rogers.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Caller: Why didn't they squash the rumour?
Host: And do what?
Caller: They should have held a press conference to let everyone know the rumour is out there but it's not 100% accurate

So yup call a press conference to tell everyone that yes the Jays put in a bid and they aren't sure if they won it or not.

The anger it fuels me right now.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Werd. Rogers should have planted a bug in all the teams offices (expect the Mets of course) to find out what their bids would be.

Honestly my biggest issue with the whole thing is they didn't say a word to temper expectations when all the reports surfaced that the Jays were the winners. Most people took their silence as confirmation of how confident they were that that was true.

Considering that by most accounts Darvish is a better pitcher than Dice K, the fact that the winning bid was only a hair more than what he got tells me they shouldn't have been so confident.

Their payroll is 100 million less than the Yankees, with the richest owners in baseball. It's pathetic. As much as I love the team this is just leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

Fenix

Honestly my biggest issue with the whole thing is they didn't say a word to temper expectations when all the reports surfaced that the Jays were the winners. Most people took their silence as confirmation of how confident they were that that was true.

Considering that by most accounts Darvish is a better pitcher than Dice K, the fact that the winning bid was only a hair more than what he got tells me they shouldn't have been so confident.

Their payroll is 100 million less than the Yankees, with the richest owners in baseball. It's pathetic. As much as I love the team this is just leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
Most people are idiots!

Brinbe

I'm curious too, but we'll probably never know.
Yep, probably not. Would be nice just for closure's sake.

Anyway,
YaWOl.jpg

but I'll be damned if some depression isn't setting in now... just because any next-step (for a pitcher) may well involve giving up prospects or something along those lines.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How did the assumption he signed with the Jays being anyway? Yomiuri back on Friday reported on rumors of the exact bid with sources saying it was the Rangers who won but nobody really gave a shit.

What a nightmare for the Jays. Not even their fault really. 4th place in the AL East isn't that bad.

eznark

Banned
How did the assumption he signed with the Jays being anyway? Yomiuri back on Friday reported on rumors of the exact bid with sources saying it was the Rangers who won but nobody really gave a shit.

What a nightmare for the Jays. Not even their fault really. 4th place in the AL East isn't that bad.

They should start letting the Jays and Mets play in the Perennially Fucked Series

This Rangers as big-baller, shot-caller team thing has *got* to end...weren't they too poor to exist and run by MLB like a season or two ago?

...goddammit. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom