• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

KYW 1060 in Philadelphia is saying Conlin molested underage girls 40 years ago. They say those cases have been well-documented.

Sanjuro

Just think about all the amazing Yu vs CJ Wilson articles that will write themselves.

Was just about to post this. It would be silly of me to take a drastic stance, but they in all likelihood spend around $30 million more to replace a guy who was terrible for them in the clutch. He has mileage, still younger in years.

In the end I think they landed the same caliber pitcher statistically who probably has a larger upside. That's my take on it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Enjoying the anger thus far today:

The Jays knew the bid would be over 51.5 Million based on this pitcher being the best to come out of Japan ever and chose not to compete with the likes of Texas. They love the fact they were mentioned to be in the race just so it looks like they want to produce a good product on the field. While this is true, they don't want to spend the money to do so. Shame

Anthopoulos is a puppet.

Royals sign Yuni hahahaha

rage-face.png

What the hell. This has to be part of some bigger trade.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Really sneaky good move by the Rockies there. Could have a really nice season if he stays healthy. But basically the best guy to have to watch 3B till Arenado is ready.

Doytch

WHAT CHEAP FUCKS, EH? ROGERS ALWAYS BIDS TO LOSE!

(Is there another source besides Griffin?)

Y didn't they just pay an extra $2m?? Srsly, they obv had no plans to sign him if they wouldn't match texas!!!

I guarantee that was said on callin shows after that story came out. along with a casual mention of UFAs, and trading draft picks.

jman2050

Y didn't they just pay an extra $2m?? Srsly, they obv had no plans to sign him if they wouldn't match texas!!!

I guarantee that was said on callin shows after that story came out. along with a casual mention of UFAs, and trading draft picks.

I imagine explaining the process of a silent auction would befuddle and confuse him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think I'm one of the few who dont have any problems with the Yuni signing. He's a backup / utility player. It's not he is going to get 500+ AB's this season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He's a below replacement bat and glove. What value does he provide on the bench?

Veteran leadership and a clubhouse presence, teaching the players how to play the game right way zzz. Will teach players where to find the good women and if all else fails how to properly take their herpes medication.

eznark

Banned
veteran leadership duh

how else would the rookies know which strip clubs and restaurants to go to?

Seriously, the only reason he wasn't a negative in every overall metric is because he isn't dumb on the baserpaths (and is too slow to attempt steals) and played a fuckton at a premium position. He basically got an A just for being a shortstop, but his performance at shortstop got him an F, so he averaged out to a C.

If he isn't playing everyday, that is eliminated and he is simply an F. It's a flaw in the metric. Well, not a flaw, more like an outlier that can't really be accounted for.

eznark

Banned
The second Braun's unconfirmed positive tests leak out on ESPN: STRIP BRAUN OF HIS MVP! DO THE RIGHT THING BBWA!!!!!

8-10 hours after the story breaks, not a peep from people calling for Conlin to be kicked out of the Hall of Fame.

Rape kids? Cool dude, you write good. Bob Ley rushes out a poorly reported on half sourced story? BBWA are crookz and liarz.

If you want to be a Hall of Famer, kids, don't gamble or do drugs. Molest the shit out of little boys and girls but if you get herpes as a result you better not treat that!

The second Braun's unconfirmed positive tests leak out on ESPN: STRIP BRAUN OF HIS MVP! DO THE RIGHT THING BBWA!!!!!

8-10 hours after the story breaks, not a peep from people calling for Conlin to be kicked out of the Hall of Fame.

Rape kids? Cool dude, you write good. Bob Ley rushes out a poorly reported on half sourced story? BBWA are crookz and liarz.

If you want to be a Hall of Famer, kids, don't gamble or do drugs. Molest the shit out of little boys and girls but if you get herpes as a result you better not treat that!

Well, to be fair, raping won't help make you an MVP in Baseball. Basketball, however...

Joe

Why didn't the Yankees bid higher? It's not like they're currently overflowing with great pitching.
Yankees are at or near the edge of their budget, they're not the phillies and wont go into debt to field their team. Cashman said recently he had to convince ownership to expand the budget and sign Martin ($4 mill) last year. Exceptions are only made for top shelf talent (re: cliff lee)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

the writers want to be part of the BBWA, more monies. Don't want to upset them. They have no chance of being MVP, then again i wouldn't be suprised if some of them voted for themselves. Probably a better vote than some of them usually make.

lupinko

Yankees are at or near the edge of their budget, they're not the phillies and wont go into debt to field their team. Cashman said recently he had to convince ownership to expand the budget and sign Martin ($4 mill) last year. Exceptions are only made for top shelf talent (re: cliff lee)

We actually have a budget? Wow, you learn something new everyday.

LOL if you actually think the Phillies are losing money now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom