• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

@DPLennon: Manfred said NL adopting DH is gaining momentum. Expect it to be addressed in upcoming CBA, so could be for '17.

giphy.gif

This is some bullshit. I fucking hate the DH. I've also grown to appreciate how it affects inter-league play.

zroid

Banned
Apparently Jays are not in on Gallardo, thank god. If we have to give up our first pick it damn well better not be for Gallardo, jesus.

Report says Houston, Baltimore, and Colorado still in talks

bebop242

This is some bullshit. I fucking hate the DH. I've also grown to appreciate how it affects inter-league play.

Me too, but it seems like its a growing number of fans that hate to see the pitcher bat. I feel the switch to the DH would actually benefit the team I follow (Cubs) but still hope they don't make the change.

Raw64life

It's a nice to see a player avoiding another team like the plague in order to try and stay with my team instead of the other way around for a change.

mets should start a cespedes kickstarter

who would want to go to the nats after seeing their mvp get choked out in the dugout .. lol.. clown franchise

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
A lot of money for a slightly above avenge player

Nobody expects him to play like an MVP this season, a 3-4 WAR projection is about right. And thats basically the market price the Mets paid for him. A slightly higher AAV and a 1 year opt out to offset the fact its not a long term deal. Its win-win for both sides, Cespedes got paid and the Wilpons cheap asses avoided a long term deal, they're probably hoping he has a great year again and opts out so they don't have to pay him the other 50 million.

zulux21

Cespedes would be crazy not to take the nats deal

i have hindsight on my side now... but even before then 100 mil for 5 years was below expectations for him especially after what others set this off season.

with the mets he gets 25 mil a year on average instead of 20 (and from what I have read 27 mil the first year) and if he has another great year has a chance to make it even more next off season.

doesn't seem crazy at all.

I am sure some white sox fans will be upset at this news, but personally I am up for giving Avisail García another year to reach his potential. I mean he is only 24, plenty of players struggle to get to where people expect them to be for a bit before hitting it between 25-28 years old in the majors.

though personally if we had signed him I would have preferred to just shift Melky Cabrera to DH as I think some of garcia's fielding issues are psychological due to his injury and he might be able to overcome that still.

Glad Mets kept Cespedes. Too bad Giants will have to ruin their postseason hopes this year.

nah giants are done. 3 even years was all the deal with the devil was for.

SaintR

Can't believe this Cespedes deal actually went down with it working in the Mets favor. It's like I'm in opposite world.

How is a 1 year opt out better for him? He just finished having the best offensive year of his career and couldn't get a 5+ year deal. Not sure how next season would be a better market with Carloz Gomez also a free agent.

Can't believe this Cespedes deal actually went down with it working in the Mets favor. It's like I'm in opposite world.

How is a 1 year opt out better for him? He just finished having the best offensive year of his career and couldn't get a 5+ year deal. Not sure how next season would be a better market with Carloz Gomez also a free agent.

If he has another year like the last half of 2015 he can prove it wasn't a fluke. Teams aren't going to be lining up to pay out the ass for a half-season wonder. He was lights out for the Mets but it's not hard to imagine he turns back into pumpkin once he gets his money (and by pumpkin, I mean a guy who OBP's less than .300) If he does turn back into that guy, his contract becomes a pretty huge anchor around the neck of a franchise that is already averse to spending.

Top Bottom