• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

If Desmond had become a free agent after 2014, he would have made a ton of money.

Of course, he would have immediately become Dan Uggla, but still.

If Desmond had become a free agent after 2014, he would have made a ton of money.

Of course, he would have immediately become Dan Uggla, but still.

It's on him for betting on himself and not taking that money from the Nats and losing.

He had stupid money on the table and turned it down because he thought he could get even stupider money.

Malo

Banned
Cross posting from the winter storm thread. How's it looking for North East mlb gaf?

CvmkH3M.jpg
Making a beer run in my old neighborhood.

BigAT

Cross posting from the winter storm thread. How's it looking for North East mlb gaf?

Making a beer run in my old neighborhood.

Had to dig around a bit to find the 12 inch ruler I shoved in my back yard. Note this was a couple of hours ago and it hasn't slowed down.

1QottW8.jpg

It turns out that the password Correa used to access the Astros database was Eckstein123

http://deadspin.com/u-s-attorney-suggests-password-cardinals-used-to-acces-1754734603

Quote from lawyer:

MR. CHU: It was based on the name of a player who was scrawny and who would not have been thought of to succeed in the major leagues, but through effort and determination he succeeded anyway. So this user of the password just liked that name, so he just kept on using that name over the years.

edit: also have at least 2 feet of snow in DC and still going pretty heavy.

I thought about bundling up and wearing jeans with my flip flops to walk the dog on the beach this morning, but decided to stick with the shorts and flops. I did wear a light pullover though, so I feel everyone's pain.

Beckx

Stats:

min snow depth at my house - 24 inches

max snow depth at my house - 36 inches

drift depth - lol

hours spent with snow blower last two days - 10

spring please, baseball please, it feels like it's forever away and I'm stuck watching maybe the worst basketball game I've ever seen in my life

zulux21

Only if it's ace of diamond, jo jo or one piece.

blah.... while that isn't a bad list ace of diamond should never be on a list over Major (or One outs or likely Cross Game.) >.>
Major is more entertaining in general and covers the player from youth to the Majors in less time than Ace of Diamond is going to take for our main character to become truly useful >.<

My new home. Do you guys like anime?

maybe, but in this thread I am mostly just a white sox fan that likes to hate on Derek Jeter >.>;

For some reason I cannot get into sports anime. As much as I love anime in general, I just can't get into sports anime. Not sure why. I did love the Gintama episode where they play soccer, but I love most Gintama episodes.

Malo

Banned
blah.... while that isn't a bad list ace of diamond should never be on a list over Major (or One outs or likely Cross Game.) >.>
Major is more entertaining in general and covers the player from youth to the Majors in less time than Ace of Diamond is going to take for our main character to become truly useful >.<
I recently started major, it's a bit boring so far.

zulux21

I recently started major, it's a bit boring so far.
the intro stuff is slower and builds up the character and what not, it becomes more and more baseball focused with each passing season. If you aren't feeling it though you could just read a quick summery of season 1 and move to season 2 which picks up with him in highschool instead of grade school as that is the version of goro that we spend a lot more time with.
you should read touch instead

it's probably dated by today's standards tho idk

I prefer cross game to touch (couldn't get into touch) and they are by the same author. The baseball stuff often takes a back seat though which isn't a horrible thing, unless you want to watch baseball :p

definitely it's more of a slice of life series

but I appreciated that it didn't treat baseball like other shonen with ridiculous super powers and such

Top Bottom