• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

food6-2015.jpg

fucking disgusting, who willingly pays 9 bucks for this shit

Caribbean World Series has started people. Venezuela beat Puerto Rico led by SP Freddy Garcia. Mexico beating DR right now. Cuba is off.

So Arod and $10m for Billy Butler? Cmon yanks, let's deal!

Arod ends as A'sRod and the Yanks get butler to back up at 1b. It's perfect.

zulux21

White Sox thinking about trading for Ethier? Oh darn.

hmmmm who would I be alright with the white sox trading for him....
and how can it involve john danks >.>

as a rotation of sale, quintana, johnson, rodon, fulmer looks far sexier than sale, quintana, johnson, rodon, danks.

either way i am looking forward to johnson finally repeating his minor league results in the majors :p

Beckx

Wish I was in Arizona to watch. They're going to play a practice game vs. a KBO team in a few days (with Ohtani starting). Someone I follow on twitter already had Nakata autograph some stuff and met several other players.

One funny thing, former Yankee minor leaguer Brandon Laird is starting his second year with the Fighters and lives 30 mins from the Arizona practice field, which might make him the only US player ever able to drive from his house to practice with his NPB team.

Hey RockiesGAF, me and a buddy thinking of making a run to Denver to catch a weekend series with the Rocks. Looks like there's a lot of good beer in the neighborhood of the stadium. Is the area around the ballpark a good place to stay in for a couple nights?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hey RockiesGAF, me and a buddy thinking of making a run to Denver to catch a weekend series with the Rocks. Looks like there's a lot of good beer in the neighborhood of the stadium. Is the area around the ballpark a good place to stay in for a couple nights?

I don't think RockiesGAF exists. Despite the Broncos avatars.

Well it looks like there's a cool hotel called the Oxford a couple blocks from the train station and Coors. And there are like 10 breweries around Coors. So whatever, seems like it'd be a good time.

Beckx

Well it looks like there's a cool hotel called the Oxford a couple blocks from the train station and Coors. And there are like 10 breweries around Coors. So whatever, seems like it'd be a good time.

Union Station is cool, there's an AMAZING breakfast place in there (I think it's called Snoozers or something similar?).

I'm on board for a Cubs-Indians World Series. Where do I sign up for that?

So where do I get on the Astros bandwagon?

The train left last year, when, you know, they made the playoffs?

What a difference an off season makes for the Padres. A year ago, everyone was crowning them. This year, they're doneso like being tied to a rock and thrown in the mariana trench.

Chris R

I'm not RockiesGAF but I was just there for some hockey/football games. You can literally stay anywhere close to a train station and take the light rail to Union Station for games, it's what I did most games.

Wynkoop was my favorite place to drink close to Coors.

RBH

The Raiders insist their out-of-market exploration is not a leverage play, and that they’re legitimately interested in other options after Oakland has declined to provide the accouterments owner Mark Davis requires. He wants control of the entire O.co Coliseum site, which puts baseball’s Oakland Athletics in a bind.

"I'm working very hard with the A's, who actually are very excited about staying in Oakland, building a new ballpark," Schaff said. "Now for me, I would love to get them closer to downtown. We have a great site on the water and that would obviously make my Raiders situation less complicated.

"It would make more land available, a lot more flexibility with regard to development, so yes that is part of the puzzle dealing with the A's, because I want to keep both my teams. I love them both. I'm trying to work hard to not do anything with one team that disadvantages the other team. I want to make sure they both feel honored and valued, but I think it would be great to get the A's down to the water in Oakland."
http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/schaaf-focused-short-term-raiders-lease-then-long-term-solution

dodgers hired greg maddux and raul ibanez as special assistants to the president of baseball operations

we gunning for that front office chip

Lower Downtown (Basically the area where Coors is at) is where plenty of the good places are. Donwtown Denver is actually a pretty nice area to be at, you can take the lightrail down there and check out the sights. (Not Rockiesgaf though, just a local)

Top Bottom