• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

RBH

I36spMv.png

Good lord, that kid barely got saved

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I36spMv.png

Good lord, that kid barely got saved

Jesus christ... get off the phone kiddo. That's the worst area to be looking at your phone while action is going on.

If that's not the kid's father, the parents better buy him a nice dinner.

I like beer, just not when I need hydration from the heat.

You're doing it wrong then.

You have beer and water around. It's not an either/or situation.

Wouldn't expect Astro fans to understand, sitting in their big comfortable dome and all.

ASTRO FANS ARE SOFT.

Let's start an A's-Astro rivalry.

Beckx

As much as I love Chase I can't defend that slide but that rule simply needs to be changed.

It was. The Utley slide is now illegal, along with sliding late and any slide where you can't touch the bag. They did not go as far as the college rule, where you have to keep your body in line with the bag. Also, the neighborhood play is now reviewable so get ready to see a lot of reviews for that.

It was. The Utley slide is now illegal, along with sliding late and any slide where you can't touch the bag. They did not go as far as the college rule, where you have to keep your body in line with the bag. Also, the neighborhood play is now reviewable so get ready to see a lot of reviews for that.

Well I guess that is what I meant I think it needs to be in line with the bag.

Beckx

Well I guess that is what I meant I think it needs to be in line with the bag.

Me too, but apparently that was part of the give-take with the union, "didn't want to discourage aggressive play" and "players have been taught to play this way" and all that. At least it's progress.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Netting should be extended to the end of the dugout but of course someone has to die first before it can happen.
they are doing that this year. not a rule by mlb but a recommendation. lots of parks extending the netting.

and yet you still have people bitching about the sanctity of the game afterwards

also probably some 'PC world gone mad' BS

"Kids these days get all outraged when they get clocked in the head with flying timber. Back in my day I took my concussions and thanked the players for shortening my lifespan!"

Chris R

Report from Goodyear for Giants-Tribe

- Kluber in complete control to start the game. Sharp command, excellent movement on his pitches. Dominant.
- Philly cheesesteak nachos surprisingly excellent
- Corona stand has limes again after 3 year absence
- nice grass parking lot but only a couple tailgaters. Makes no sense
- Williamson has some power for the gigantes
- Kyle blanks still terrible

I mean it is in Goodyear. Might as well be in Gila Bend.

Report from Glendale's Camelback Ranch for Pads-ChiSox

- Dodger dogs still sold during ChiSox games, but only the inferior, non grilled and also non Brooklyn style versions. Garbage.
- Ditka Sausage is a thing. Hot polish covered in hot peppers. Did not even attempt, but was tempted.
- Noodle stand was garbage, worst noodles in the cactus league.
- Chicago dog stand much better.
- Abreu and Frazier went back to back. Abreu really got a hold of his, Frazier seemed to miss it a bit, still had enough to carry it out.
- Rodon was working on his off speed stuff but it wasnt really working out super well. He'd fall behind then get pissed and blaze fastballs past the Pads.
- Bombers were $12. Come on. But they had limes. So.
- Kona Longboard also on draft at 3 locations.
- Definitely widest beer selection of any stadium in the Cactus.
- Mango is the only flavor of italian ice on offer worth getting.

Until next year, Cactus League...

Top Bottom