• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

RBH

Report from Glendale's Camelback Ranch for Pads-ChiSox

- Dodger dogs still sold during ChiSox games, but only the inferior, non grilled and also non Brooklyn style versions. Garbage.
- Ditka Sausage is a thing. Hot polish covered in hot peppers. Did not even attempt, but was tempted.
- Noodle stand was garbage, worst noodles in the cactus league.
- Chicago dog stand much better.
- Abreu and Frazier went back to back. Abreu really got a hold of his, Frazier seemed to miss it a bit, still had enough to carry it out.
- Rodon was working on his off speed stuff but it wasnt really working out super well. He'd fall behind then get pissed and blaze fastballs past the Pads.
- Bombers were $12. Come on. But they had limes. So.
- Kona Longboard also on draft at 3 locations.
- Definitely widest beer selection of any stadium in the Cactus.

Until next year, Cactus League...

I'm jealous of your spring training escapades thus far. What are the ticket prices on average that you've encountered?

The Braves' spring training prices at Disney are absurd.

CcyjoU_W0AA7OfZ.jpg

I'm jealous of your spring training escapades thus far. What are the ticket prices on average that you've encountered?

Tickets are really all over the board here.

For the most popular stadiums, the Cubs' place in Mesa and Scottsdale for the Giants, if you don't get tickets early you could pay $100+ for decent seats, $25+ for the berm on busy weekends.

For the more mellow stadiums (basically everywhere else, with the exception of Salt River where the Dbacks and Rockies are once in a while) you can get tickets as low as $5 easily. We went stubhub for most of ours and did great. For example, sat first row over the dugout for $16 each today. Not sure what face value was.

Overall though, it's very reasonable (with the exception of the Cubs place in Mesa, which is absolutely ridiculous and they still sell out every day. However, it's worth it, especially if you're going to tailgate. It's a fantastic environment).

Can't recommend making a trip to the cactus enough. No more than 45 minutes to any stadium in the Valley, so many other things to do including seeing the NBA or NHL. Fantastic experience!

I should really do a spring training trip sometime. Might even go see a cheap Yotes game :p

As if being reasonably priced is a bad thing? It's a great time. Peeps from Vancouver fly down here for games all the time and enjoy it. Them and apparently every Saskatchewan Rough Rider fan in existence.

As if being reasonably priced is a bad thing? It's a great time. Peeps from Vancouver fly down here for games all the time and enjoy it. Them and apparently every Saskatchewan Rough Rider fan in existence.

I know about that, it's just trying to plan is all. Considering I'm beginning my working career and I don't know whether I want to go back to school yet, so everything I want to do is put onto the backburner.

zulux21

white sox sign austin jackson which is nice back up for the outfield. sounds like they might give jackson center and move eaton to left or right while giving garcia and melky more days off.

aka mostly mimic the cubs 4 outfielders thing and just go with who is the hottest.

Chris R

Tickets are really all over the board here.

For the most popular stadiums, the Cubs' place in Mesa and Scottsdale for the Giants, if you don't get tickets early you could pay $100+ for decent seats, $25+ for the berm on busy weekends.

For the more mellow stadiums (basically everywhere else, with the exception of Salt River where the Dbacks and Rockies are once in a while) you can get tickets as low as $5 easily. We went stubhub for most of ours and did great. For example, sat first row over the dugout for $16 each today. Not sure what face value was.

Overall though, it's very reasonable (with the exception of the Cubs place in Mesa, which is absolutely ridiculous and they still sell out every day. However, it's worth it, especially if you're going to tailgate. It's a fantastic environment).

Can't recommend making a trip to the cactus enough. No more than 45 minutes to any stadium in the Valley, so many other things to do including seeing the NBA or NHL. Fantastic experience!

I'll probably do this next year. Catch some Coyotes games, the NASCAR race and watch my Mariners when they are in prime form.

zulux21

heh 6 months after the cubs designated mike olt to make room for austin jackson... the white sox have designated mike olt to make room for austin jackson.

who needs a former top prospect that can hit .168 in the majors?

I see we're already hitting Giants players..

Also Dave Roberts need to work the fielding. So many errors this spring training.

I'll be going to Reno in June so hoping the Aces will be in town and catch a game. Great facility

ampere

The Braves' spring training prices at Disney are absurd.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcyjoU_W0AA7OfZ.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Crazy considering you can go to a regular season Braves game for less than that if you get nosebleeds

Parch

I've heard this every year for decades but never made the plunge and planned a trip.
I used to love hanging out at minor league ballparks so spring training sounds so great.

I'm sure the Cardinals have some young up and comer that will beat the shit out of the ball during Jhonny's recovery.
All aboard the Aledmys Diaz bandwagon!

Awful timing on Jhonny's part. A few weeks earlier and we probably go after Desmond. Between this, Lynn's TJ, and Molina's injury, this season seems primed to be a repeat of 2015 health-wise. Ugh.

Man, it seems like it's a constant DL cycle.

All aboard the Aledmys Diaz bandwagon!

Awful timing on Jhonny's part. A few weeks earlier and we probably go after Desmond. Between this, Lynn's TJ, and Molina's injury, this season seems primed to be a repeat of 2015 health-wise. Ugh.

I bet we get Gyorko at short for a while. Even though he's not a shortstop

I'm kind of OK with Diaz and Garcia sort of platooning, though. Wouldn't shock me if Diaz was an average major leaguer, tbh

How long until CMart TJ? :lol

Rivitur

Banned
So few years in a row that the Cards have done some terrible things to make themselves look bad, what will this years Cardinal way bring us?

BFIB

So few years in a row that the Cards have done some terrible things to make themselves look bad, what will this years Cardinal way bring us?
Have you not heard of the Cards/Yanks devil alliance for this season?

It's about as low as you can get. Between small bear media darlings and Giants even year devil magic, nothing stops this train.

Rivitur

Banned

It's about as low as you can get. Between small bear media darlings and Giants even year devil magic, nothing stops this train.
Damn that one is almost as low-key as them honoring a guy for a year who if alive would have been convicted with intoxicantion manslaughter.

Nah the Phillies are winning the WS this year with Ryan Howard leading the way with 70 HRs and 200 RBIs while hitting below .200.

lol

BFIB

Damn that one is almost as low-key as them honoring a guy for a year who if alive would have been convicted with intoxicantion manslaughter.
Hey! Save those comments for when we meet in the WS and the alliance serves its purpose. Until then, Don Tony preferred a loose clubhouse. :)

BFIB

Mo on local radio tonight talking up Gyroko at SS for the fill in with Diaz/Garcia as late inning options.

zulux21

Pedro Alvarez is now, supposedly, an Oriole (unless they find something in his medicals).

can't wait to hear tomorrow that he showed up at the cubs training camp :p

anyways, the white sox going 3-1 and actually hitting and driving in runs is making me rather unhappy. typically if they hit well early they lose it near the end and have like a .180 batting average as a team for april @_@

though to be fair they did get rid of some of the players who were known to have horrible starts. Heck I think Alexai Ramerez while being a .275 or so lifetime hitter has a sub 200 april batting average >.<; I would have to check to be sure though.

I would love it if the white sox were a hit driven team though as they have the starting pitching to back it up (assuming danks gets hurt before the spring is over >.>) I've been waiting for a long time for the white sox to shift away from an all or nothing offense... sadly it's been more of a nothing offense for the last few years, but it would be great to watch a team focused on getting on base and moving people over instead of trying to hit home runs all the time. I'm hard pressed to think of a less powerful outfield than the white sox (there might be one I don't know all of them) who are projected to maybe have 25-30 home runs between the entire outfield lol.

should have right below it, 2014 - Bumgarner was here.

heh no doubt. the bum was just crazy that series against them.

Malo

Banned
Heyward told Heyman that last winter he was close to being traded to the Yankees with Simmons in a deal.
Jon Heyman

Heyward/simmons/carpenter/bj upton/c Johnson for severino/judge/banuelos/clarkin/sanchez said floated. Nyy didnt pull trigger

I'm glad that didn't happen.

Top Bottom