• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

True story: an undocumented immigrant of latino origin was once found dead on Chipper's dad's ranch.

I am honestly not surprised.

PGJ966w.gif

every Sox fan ever

There's loose murmurs going around Twitter that the Red Sox and Padres are talking about a trade to swap James Shields and Pablo Sandoval.

hahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

So listening to the Barves announcers today, it seems like they legitimately feel, not just in a "it's our job to talk this way" kind of way, that they could make a run at the division.

Should somebody tell them?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So listening to the Barves announcers today, it seems like they legitimately feel, not just in a "it's our job to talk this way" kind of way, that they could make a run at the division.

Can't say I've listened to them at all this spring, but I'm guessing they're enamored with the veterans and buying into the Will to Win rhetoric.

Can't say I've listened to them at all this spring, but I'm guessing they're enamored with the veterans and buying into the Will to Win rhetoric.

They no shit projected you guys at like 85-90 wins. It honestly got sad after a while listening to them pin hopes on Aybar and Teheran.

Reminded me of the wonderful discussions we had on AA back in the day about Omar Quintanilla and Matt den Dekker.

aFIGurANT

Once again if anyone is interested in former-MLB-gaffer cum-laude Enron's H2H league, we're drafting a week from today at 6pm PST. Slightly more sabr-friendly, we're sitting at 12 teams now but can go up to 16 to stay with last year's number. Please PM me your email and I'll forward it to Enron so he can invite you. /spam

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I wholeheartedly believe that these Braves can surprise people and win upwards of 78 games. That's probably the ceiling though, barring a series of outright miracles.

The Braves were 42-42 through 84 games last year and only 4.0 out of first place on July 7. Had they had a somewhat competent bullpen last year, they could have easily been 5-10 games higher. The NL East sucks.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

They work for a company that it is in their interest to generate reasons to watch the braves. Of course they would speak positively about them. (not every announcing crew can be like the Mets).

Sanjuro

Having baseball arguments at the bar! I love this time of year.

"Pablo is a power hitter. He is good defensively. "

SUMMON BASEBALL REFERENCE

Malo

Banned
Having baseball arguments at the bar! I love this time of year.

"Pablo is a power hitter. He is good defensively. "

SUMMON BASEBALL REFERENCE
Can't wait to head to Stan's once baseball season starts and talk béisbol.

" CC IS A WINNAH, LEAVE HIM IN DA ROTATION"

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Browsing through the channels here in Hawaii and ran into a live broadcast of a local high school baseball game. The camera quality, angles, and broadcast graphics are better than some televised minor league games I've seen.

RBH

Opening Day 2016 will feature a combined seven national ESPN telecasts -- three on Sunday, April 3, and four on Monday, April 4.

Those seven games will include the participation of all 10 clubs that played in the 2015 postseason. It starts with a televised tripleheader on that Sunday: Cardinals at Pirates at 1:05 p.m. ET (ESPN), Blue Jays at Rays at 4:05 ET (ESPN2), and then a World Series rematch of Mets at Royals in the exclusive ESPN "Sunday Night Baseball" national opener at 8:35 ET.

The Monday slate of openers will feature an ESPN quadrupleheader: Astros at Yankees at 1:05 p.m. ET, Mariners at Rangers at 4:05 ET, Dodgers at Padres at 7:05 ET and Cubs at Angels at 10:05 ET (ESPN2).

Fucking Smith. Well that's one less player to shed come July. If Braun hadn't fallen off so hard, his extension might not be so scary for other teams to take on. However, this is not a perfect world. 2020 is so far away...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Browsing through the channels here in Hawaii and ran into a live broadcast of a local high school baseball game. The camera quality, angles, and broadcast graphics are better than some televised minor league games I've seen.

This dude is on fucking vacation in HAWAII and is browsing GAF.

whatiswrongwithyou.gif

Joe

I only like following one team/sport at a time and my soccer team sucks more than usual this year so I'll go back to following baseball and the Yankees.

#ProudToBeAYankeeFanThatHasNeverBeenToTheNewYankeeStadium

Top Bottom