• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

RBH

pulled-pork-parfait.jpg

Smoked Beef Brisket or Pulled Pork Parfaits (Milwaukee Brewers)

Your choice of Smoked beef brisket or pulled pork on top of creamy mashed potatoes drizzled with the special BBQ sauce and topped with chives - $7.00

zulux21

GOING TO READ THE MANGA NOW

That's what I keep hearing. I might just skip ahead to season 2.
if you don't mind reading I would just read through the rest of season 1 in manga form. You can skip to season 2 without missing to much, but it will lack some of the impact given what happens at the end of season 1.

WWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? There's a sequel to MAJOR?! HOLY SHIT

yeah it started coming out a little over a year ago. not a lot of it is translated though.
It follows Goro and Toshiya's sons. I believe it is a weekly manga though so there should be 50 or so chapters so they might be able to make it into an anime soon, my guess would be spring 2017.

there is barely any meat in that o_O
to be fair it's nearly impossible to find a burger in the park so it's not surprising it's hard for them to put beef in anything as all they have is pork sausage/ hot dogs :/

Catching depth? He can't catch at all. He's strictly a DH/pseudo first baseman.

You have to remember, Toronto hasn't thought about the Jays since the last game ended. Now that it's back, it'll take Jays fan a few days to get back in the swing of things.

What really trips them up is when they have to remember the baseball is round and white instead of flat and black.

You have to remember, Toronto hasn't thought about the Jays since the last game ended. Now that it's back, it'll take Jays fan a few days to get back in the swing of things.

What really trips them up is when they have to remember the baseball is round and white instead of flat and black.

I admit, I laughed, but yeah, expect more bandwagoners for a while.

It will be especially frustrating when those dipshits think shagging balls that are still live for a souvenir is A-OK.

Fox318

I will kinda miss the uniqueness to the sliding pits in Toronto.

I'd love for Koshien Stadium style infield for some random team.

Best part about baseball is each stadium is different and each team designs their roster to fit it.

I will kinda miss the uniqueness to the sliding pits in Toronto.

I'd love for Koshien Stadium style infield for some random team.

Best part about baseball is each stadium is different and each team designs their roster to fit it.

Indeed. How every stadium has the same dimensions, but how they do it is up to them.

Beckx

watching the Fighters home opener right now

i love baseball

gotta watch the last two episodes of Ace of the Diamond tonight. and Koshien semifinals!

Fox318

Price
Buchholz
Kelly
Porcello
Wright

I guess when Eduardo Rodriguez is healthy, he replaces Wright

Holt is starting in LF. Castillo on the bench

Now we wait to see what happens with Pablo

Red Sox should just have a Panda Express or chipotle on a barge, trap him and send him to iceland or something.

zroid

Banned
List of current Blue Jays who are former Mariners or Athletics:

Jesse Chavez
R. A. Dickey
Josh Donaldson
Edwin Encarnacion*
J. A. Happ
Casey Kotchman
Arnold Léon
Jesus Montero
Humberto Quintero
Michael Saunders
Justin Smoak
Pat Venditte

*did not play

Jesse Chavez
R. A. Dickey
Josh Donaldson
Edwin Encarnacion*
J. A. Happ
Casey Kotchman
Arnold Léon
Jesus Montero
Humberto Quintero
Michael Saunders
Justin Smoak
Pat Venditte

*did not play

Soon to be added: James Paxton

Chris R

Jesse Chavez
R. A. Dickey
Josh Donaldson
Edwin Encarnacion*
J. A. Happ
Casey Kotchman
Arnold Léon
Jesus Montero
Humberto Quintero
Michael Saunders
Justin Smoak
Pat Venditte

*did not play

I only see one or two names I'm sad about. Everyone else? Good riddance

I got an update on my phone about it. Let me see if I can link the source

Marc Carig of Newsday is reporting it. Idk who that is so idk what to think

Retaliate for a brush back?

jWDnGIN.jpg

I mean, it's whatever at this point. It didn't work. Escobar got more hits in the series than anyone on the Mets roster, to include a double, triple, inside the park homerun, and 4 RBIs. I thought it was a shit tactic considering they openly acknowledged they were going to do it and laughed about it in the bullpen when it happened. deGrom in particular was hilarious, since he got worked the previous game. Go get it, young guy!

You know the best way to deal with a guy who is destroying you by swinging at the first pitch? Maybe, I dunno, throw a breaking ball in the dirt or something? It's not rocket science. He'll swing at it, don't give him something to hit like Harvey and deGrom did.

Mets have the foundation of a good team, particularly on the mound. I think they're better off figuring out how they are going to get out of jams against good contact hitters. Their fielding was atrocious that series, so there's room to improve there. I expect a good opening series from both sides.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Jesse Chavez
R. A. Dickey
Josh Donaldson
Edwin Encarnacion*
J. A. Happ
Casey Kotchman
Arnold Léon
Jesus Montero
Humberto Quintero
Michael Saunders
Justin Smoak
Pat Venditte

*did not play

You see this Rando? We should be friends not enemies.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this happens, seemed like the Royals were wanting to fight just about every single team last season

That's a fairly reductionist view of it. Teams started a bunch of shit with the Royals early on and the team retaliated. If you blame that on the Royals, that's fine. There was a pretty clear cut cause-and-effect cycle taking place and we discussed it a ton last season. Brett Lawrie started the Oakland beef, very clearly. Then they came out and said we're defending ALCS champs, and not baking down from anyone. Teams pushed and the Royals overreacted.

I personally hate the whole macho bullshit in baseball, and wish the Royals wouldn't have responded to cheap shit going down. But they did. I blame Ventura for the shit with Eaton and the White Sox. Maybe Drake LaRoche was disrespecting him from the dugout.

Sanjuro

Price
Buchholz
Kelly
Porcello
Wright

I guess when Eduardo Rodriguez is healthy, he replaces Wright

Holt is starting in LF. Castillo on the bench

Now we wait to see what happens with Pablo

I rather keep Pablo at this stage. I'm fine eating money in a deal. If he doesn't bitch and here for depth / performance that is fine.

Shields deal sounds awful.

Holt getting his due is nice

Lol, Mets' staff throws 95+. Retaliate so that they can aim another ball your way, Royals. ;)

The Royals have two guys who throw faster than anyone on the Mets' staff in Ventura and Herrera. And nobody is "scared" of heat at this level of play. I'm more than happy with the umps doing a pre-game warning to both sides and just playing the damn game. Anyone hitting or aiming for the other side should get an immediate ejection and we can all move on.

The Royals just happened to be the best fastball hitting team in all of baseball last year, which your staff of speed demons got to witness first-hand. Hilarious watching deGrom lose his cool over and over again when he couldn't strike anyone out with his WICKED HEAT. Familia got absolutely torched.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Royals have two guys who throw faster than anyone on the Mets' staff in Ventura and Herrera. And nobody is "scared" of heat at this level of play. I'm more than happy with the umps doing a pre-game warning to both sides and just playing the damn game. Anyone hitting or aiming for the other side should get an immediate ejection and we can all move on.

The Royals just happened to be the best fastball hitting team in all of baseball last year, which your staff of speed demons got to witness first-hand. Hilarious watching deGrom lose his cool over and over again when he couldn't strike anyone out with his WICKED HEAT. Familia got absolutely torched.

My point is, if the Royals want to retaliate, the Mets won't (or shouldn't) take it and I'm sure they will be happy to respond in kind.

My point is, if the Royals want to retaliate, the Mets won't (or shouldn't) take it and I'm sure they will be happy to respond in kind.

Which would be perfectly fine, although it doesn't work according to the UNWRITTEN RULES OF BASEBALL! Baseball fans watched the World Series and saw who instigated shit. I think it's ridiculous for the Royals to do anything at this point to respond, but it would be well within their "right" to do so. For all I know, Ned Yost told them to not do anything during the World Series that could jeopardize the outcome, and save it for this year.

If the Mets turn around and do a retaliation, you're talking about a game of brinkmanship that never works out for anyone. You don't get to throw a pitch at a dude's head, then act butthurt when someone tosses one back. Too many dudes out there acting like they have to defend their honor or teammates or whatever.

The Royals need to act like professionals who got their revenge on the scoreboard last year and move on. The umps should give clear pregame instructions and eject the first dude that does anything intentional. Simple fix. Let the best team on the field win the game.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Mets already have something to prove those two games. You add a brushback from the Royals and things can get ugly. The Royals did the best thing which was won. So not sure why they would do something.

Top Bottom