• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

stn

Man, I would love Freddie Freeman to Boston. If we can get rid of Ramirez or Sandoval. Its a pipe dream but whatever.

Lol a lot of backfiring in offering these QO's. $16 mil for Rasmus? Wieters? *puke

On a one year it's not so bad but yeah for smaller/middle market teams it might hinder what they can do this offseason to have $16 million immediately gone from your budgets. I have to imagine these teams offered the QO with the expectation of draft picks in return lol

jbug617

Banned
so CSN Chicago says that if the White Sox want to move Sale that the Red Sox would be a fit. However they mention they would want Bogaerts back in a trade. Really don't want to move Bogaerts or Betts. I would offer Swihart, Owens and Margot. Maybe that would be enough.

rando14

Solid deal for Estrada, I would've thought he could have gotten more on the market. Good peripherals obviously. Though I guess he is 32, so...

Anderson is a little meh, but then again the Doyers wipe they ass with $100's so might as well get a decent arm to solidify the back of the lineup...!!

zroid

Banned
ClM7lNr.png

PILLAR PLS

Malvingt2

That is not a lot for Kimbrel, that it is his market value. Remember Padres gave up a lot for him with the Braves trade. No way in hell they were going to get less.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Kimbrel contract: $11M in 2016, $13M in ’17, $13M club option in ’18.

That is not a lot for Kimbrel, that it is his market value. Remember Padres gave up a lot for him with the Braves trade. No way in hell they were going to get less.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Kimbrel contract: $11M in 2016, $13M in ’17, $13M club option in ’18.

But it wasn't exactly a position of need for them. Koji is still there and there were options on the market.

Sanjuro

I mean, it's not a bad deal unless he has a clear cut plan in place. I just don't see enough big contract pieces moving out.

Top Bottom