• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Doogdogg

One thing for sure, Dombrowski will not want to relive Tigers' bullpen nightmare. Kimbrel, Koji, Taz, now pick up O'day and it's set.

Padres got a huge haul, Margot is close to the majors. And they also got a SS that just hit 15HR at age 19, and more.

That is not a lot for Kimbrel, that it is his market value. Remember Padres gave up a lot for him with the Braves trade. No way in hell they were going to get less.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Kimbrel contract: $11M in 2016, $13M in ’17, $13M club option in ’18.

They also took B.J. Upton's shit contract for Kimbrel too.

Happy to have Estrada signed for two more years. Guy's a class act and a really solid pitcher, and had a very good year last year.

Hopefully he'll improve over the next two years and help us win.

I mistakenly thought the rumours were $24-26 mill per year, but as a total that's really good value in the MLB. He could've gotten more as a FA.

Malvingt2

Scott Miller ‏@ScottMillerBbl
Three years of control w/Kimbrel was big to #RedSox. Will move Koji Uehara to 8th inning. Farrell already reached out & Koji good w/it

jbug617

Banned
Dombrowski is not going to trade for a starter.
@ScottMillerBbl: Dombrowski: Acquisition of starting P likely to come from FA market. "That would be my guess." Thought pen help would come via trade
@ScottMillerBbl: Dombrowski says Kimbrel is "probably our major acquisition of winter as far as trade market is concerned." No promise but "probably"

So it's going to be:

7th- Tazawa
8th- Koji
9th- Kimbrel

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I get confused whenever I see a poster from MLB/NFL/NHL/NBA GAF root for teams from different cities.

I assume you live in Carolina and chose the Red Sox because you personally like them?

People be crazy

But somehow I'm a Michigan Wolverines fan :eek:

I've never met a Mets fan who wasnt from NY. Yet I'm from Texas. Fandom is weird.

We need to sell high on Familia if this is the going rate, holy crap did the sox get hosed.

Top Bottom