• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Judge and Mateo for Tyson Ross.

What about Judge and Mateo and Sanchez for Teheran? He had some issues maintaining consistency with his mechanics last year, but his stuff is still all there, he's signed through 2020, and he'll just be 25 next season.

Malo

Banned
What about Judge and Mateo and Sanchez for Teheran? He had some issues maintaining consistency with his mechanics last year, but his stuff is still all there, he's signed through 2020, and he'll just be 25 next season.
Sub out Sanchez for someone else. I highly doubt they trade him now that the back-up catcher position has been opened up.

Malo

Banned
Kapielian. Although I might also accept Jagielo and Cave instead.
From Baseball America:

RHP James Kaprielian (1st) was working at 92-94 and touching 96 this summer, which is a bit higher than the college scouting reports. Also, both his slider and changeup received 65 grades on the 20-80 scouting scale

Kaprielian isn't getting traded breh. You can have cave tho.
Zack Wheeler can be had people
Gardner for Wheeler.

Malo

Banned
And his walk rate. I can only imagine what would happen if he gets in trouble in Yankee Stadium. And I take minor league numbers with a grain of salt.
His walk rate isn't great but it isn't atrocious. His ability to get ground balls is elite, and he strike out a lot people, he's exactly the type of pitcher you want in Yankee Stadium.

As for judge, he always had some issues with off speed pitches, but once he got to AAA it got magnified. Now, I'm not saying he's Pedro from Major League, but it's something he clearly has to work on.

I support this.

Five months into his tenure:

image.php

Chris R

Mariners acquire Leonys Martin from the rangers for Tom Wilhemsen.

Noooooooooooo not the bartender :( Fuck, he really turned it around last season after we got rid of fucking Rodney. Also looks like we lost Jones too.

FUCK

I guess it will all be worth it if we make the playoffs next season.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I was just reading BPro's scouting report on Newcomb, and I realized he's now the best pitching prospect the Braves have had since Julio Teheran. I'm still not satisfied with him as the return for Simmons, but Newcomb could be really special.

Malvingt2

MLB Network Radio ‏@MLBNetworkRadio
Fredi: "I talked to Coppolella. He said [Freeman] rumors are not true. We’ve never even entertained idea. People have called, he's listened"

Meier

Join the GAF OOTP league already. ;P

SF has been doing terribly the last two seasons under my reign, lol. Injuries and Bochy retiring didn't help at all.

I'm late to the party on the new version -- only just bought it the other day since it was $10. I've actually done this for the past few seasons.. I buy Football Manager usually upon release but OOTP much later. Could do the same with FM too to be honest.

BumRush

MetsGAF, besides a solid 8th inning option, what should be our number one external priority (I'm assuming Murphy is replaced by Herrera at 2B)?

I'm late to the party on the new version -- only just bought it the other day since it was $10. I've actually done this for the past few seasons.. I buy Football Manager usually upon release but OOTP much later. Could do the same with FM too to be honest.

I need to get into OOTP.

As for FM, I skip it every other year. Helps keep it fresh.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Plenty of openings in the GAF league still, including the Doyers I believe.

In other news, Giants trying to give an extension to Crawford.

Now that he's an All-Star Gold Glove Silver Slugger winning shortstop with multiple World Series rings, I'm guessing he'll be asking for a lot more.

No really, if you own OOTP and like the beisbol, join the GAF league. It's great fun, low pressure, and we're currently just starting the offseason prior to the 2018 season. Now's the time to get in.

Rommel

No really, if you own OOTP and like the beisbol, join the GAF league. It's great fun, low pressure, and we're currently just starting the offseason prior to the 2018 season. Now's the time to get in.

It's great fun. Someone has to unseat the 2017 World Champion D'Backs.

Top Bottom