• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

at least the Mets have the NL East wrapped up while Dusty's managing the Nats...unless they fuck it up

but enough about that shit. The Royals victory parade is starting soon

3N16MA

Banned
I would give Lee a shot. The Yanks don't need anymore pitchers with arm problems but I always wanted Lee in pinstripes.

Boras better hide Strasburg from Dusty. Save whatever is left of his arm.

Alright

Jays picked up the options on Joey Bats, Edwing and Dickey

Now to sign Price, Estrada, Grienke and Cueto

And Chris Davis

Brewers have exercised Adam Lind's $8 million option for 2016.

Happy they pulled the trigger on the option. Lind was one of the extremely few bright spots for Milwaukee this year. They're still going nowhere next year, but they won't be completely depressing to watch.

Anyone else get the feeling the Jays will now do absolutely nothing between now and April?

Starting rotation is going to be Stroman, Dickey, Hutchison, Sanchez and Osuna. Bullpen will be Brett Cecil, Loup and some guys LaCava knows from Vaughan.

Lord have mercy

This bums me out. He had a tough 2015 (who didn't in that pen), but before that Otero was a very solid bullpen arm and a good dude. It's a great pickup for Philly.

yeah I know. But honestly I feel bad for him more than anything since he won't achieve anything with this team. Sure he will make his money but we are so far away from anything

yeah I know. But honestly I feel bad for him more than anything since he won't achieve anything with this team. Sure he will make his money but we are so far away from anything

Sure, but for $512k per year he will be able to have some fun in Philly. Not like the A's were a frontrunner last year lol.

Josh5890

C'mon, Theo has handed out $$$$ to Crawford before. Also our owners have that Conservative money.

Maybe the Cubs can sign Heyward for a 9-figure contract with a opt out after three years. Let's use him in his prime for three years and then let someone else overpay him for his declining years.

Malo

Banned
Maybe the Cubs can sign Heyward for a 9-figure contract with a opt out after three years. Let's use him in his prime for three years and then let someone else overpay him for his declining years.
I'm pretty sure he's going to get an opt-out from whoever he signs with.

Hope you guys are ready to hand out $200 million plus contract offers!

Cardinals have maybe more money this offseason than any team but the Dodgers actually :lol

Been running a low payroll when compared with how profitable they've been (not to mention Holliday has one year left only)

Beckx

Dae-ho Lee is using MVP Sports as his agent and looking to Shin-soo Choo and Jung-ho Kang for advice on teams.

Tsuyoshi Wada appears done with MLB and will sign with the Softbank Hawks. I guess he wanted a team with a better chance at earning a ring. ;)

Pirates have a laundry list of crap to fix, man. Currently the rotation is Cole-Liriano-Morton-Locke-nobodyohgodletshopetaillionisready. And Morton and Locke were, let's say, inconsistent this year. And in the bullpen Bastardo and Soria are gone. And payroll would go to $95M if we kept everyone at their arbitration amounts. $11M for Walker, $10M for Melancon, $8M for Alvarez.

Part of me says we should trade either Walker or Melancon now while they have value. And trade Alvarez to the AL. I think Tony Barnette would be a great pickup for the Bucs bullpen but no idea what his market will look like.

Malo

Banned
Cardinals have maybe more money this offseason than any team but the Dodgers actually :lol

Been running a low payroll when compared with how profitable they've been (not to mention Holliday has one year left only)
If only Heyward was a free agent next year. I'd feel a lot more confident about our ability to sign him (Beltran and Teixiera come off the books).

Holliday has to go down as one of the best free agent signings of all time. He's been crazy valuable for you guys.

If only Heyward was a free agent next year. I'd feel a lot more confident about our ability to sign him (Beltran and Teixiera come off the books).

Holliday has to go down as one of the best free agent signings of all time. He's been crazy valuable for you guys.

It's funny because if you ask most any fan (like the average, gas station type) in STL they all hate the Holliday contract. I really don't know why. He's not "clutch" or something (but he actually is!) and is overpaid.

There was also that boner in the 2009 NLDS against the Dodgers I guess, which probably didn't leave a good first impression :lol

Dae-ho Lee is using MVP Sports as his agent and looking to Shin-soo Choo and Jung-ho Kang for advice on teams.

Tsuyoshi Wada appears done with MLB and will sign with the Softbank Hawks. I guess he wanted a team with a better chance at earning a ring. ;)

Pirates have a laundry list of crap to fix, man. Currently the rotation is Cole-Liriano-Morton-Locke-nobodyohgodletshopetaillionisready. And Morton and Locke were, let's say, inconsistent this year. And in the bullpen Bastardo and Soria are gone. And payroll would go to $95M if we kept everyone at their arbitration amounts. $11M for Walker, $10M for Melancon, $8M for Alvarez.

Part of me says we should trade either Walker or Melancon now while they have value. And trade Alvarez to the AL. I think Tony Barnette would be a great pickup for the Bucs bullpen but no idea what his market will look like.
Cubs never gave Wada his due. It's amounts to more bias against Japanese pitchers. His stuff and approach was very favorable against National League batters....

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Good guy Giants ordering pizza for the Royals.

CS14fjgVEAAjcW2.jpg

Guess the Red Sox bought the Giants Pizza last year so they trying to start a tradition.

Pizza to the victor!

Cubs never gave Wada his due. It's amounts to more bias against Japanese pitchers. His stuff and approach was very favorable against National League batters....

He tended to be awful the 2nd and 3rd time around vs the opposing team and was hurt a lot. Despite that he probably would have been a better 5 than Haren if healthy.
I expect the Cubs to be on the Japanese market again as they were runners up to Darvish and Tanaka.

I was going to ask

What exactly suggests the Mariners aren't going to be shit again?

Not that I want them to be shit, its just that I'm not exactly confident they're headed in the right direction - even after firing JZ.

The Mariners currently lack:

A first baseman
A catcher
An entire outfield
2+ starting pitchers
And who knows about their bullpen

But hey they'll be in the playoffs for sure!

I think he signed with the Brewers in one of my OOTP leagues.

Edit: I just remembered that the Mariners still have Trumbo and Logan Morrison, yuck.

Top Bottom