• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

zroid

Banned
amazing photo

CS7wv49UkAE8Ki6.jpg:orig

Choomp

Banned
Just want to see the Mets improve their lineup and get some bullpen arms. I don't know if I can deal with an infield of Wilmer Flores and Dilson Herrera next year

jbug617

Banned
Kapler no longer the leading candidate for the Dodgers.

Bill Plaschke of the L.A. Times hears that Kapler is no longer the favorite. That distinction, Plaschke writes, instead goes to Roberts. According to Plaschke, Dodgers ownership voiced a strong preference for an honest managerial search instead of simply anointing Kapler, and Roberts “aced” his interview with Dodgers decision-makers. Of course, it’s also worth bearing in mind that Rosenthal’s recent update said the team was only half-done with its initial wave of interviews, so there’s still time for this to change.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/dodgers-will-interview-bud-black.html

Holliday has to go down as one of the best free agent signings of all time. He's been crazy valuable for you guys.
Very happy with how the contract turned out. Especially since the other big OF signing that offseason was Jason Bay lmao.

I was just hoping that it would work out better than the Alfonso Soriano contract.

zroid

Banned
Saw this spraychart on FG about Devon Travis

eip4rgr.png

notice he has a 100% HR/FB rate on his pullside

that's fucking bizarre :lol

Sanjuro

There's nobody around here mad at him for it, it was awesome!

Crazy news about Rios and Guthrie. But not unexpected, I guess.

Still awkward! My favorite part is when he tries to get the crowd to chant Alex Gordon, and nobody follows.

ALLLEEEEXX GORRRRRDOOOOOON....

AAAAAALLLLEEX GORRDOOON....

.....AAAAAL...

Sanjuro

One of the Boston channels. Played some of the clips this morning of him poking someone in the ass with the American flag.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So it sounds like Atlanta is preparing to move Olivera to LF full time in 2016. That's obviously not what they were hoping for when they acquired him. I had him pegged to move to LF in 2017 anyways so an earlier transition isn't ideal but also not surprising. The Braves really better hope they hit the lottery with Zach Bird and that draft pick they got, or that trade is going to look pretty bad.

Sigma722

Played some of the clips this morning of him poking someone in the ass with the American flag.

I had a feeling someone would point that out later :-/

I had a great time at the rally yesterday. Had to stand near union station for like 6 hours, and walking 2 miles each to and from my car. Cool to be a part of it.

My favorite part is when he tries to get the crowd to chant Alex Gordon, and nobody follows.

I think the problem here is that nobody chance his name like that. At best they do a quick Gor-Do.

zulux21

so white sox turned down Alexei Ramirez's option which makes me happy.

at the same time anyone in need of a short stop should hope their team signs him as he will likely be a 3-4 war shortstop this year.

He likely has a comeback year in him with a wake up call, as I still feel the main reason his numbers were down was because he just didn't give a crap at all. I lost track of the number of times he let people get on base because he just jogged to the ball and then gently threw it. or let easy balls get by when he could have easily dove for them and got them.

he still has the talent but clearly didn't care because he had his option and figured it would be picked up instead of it being a contract year.

I'm expecting him to sign for around 9-10 mil for a season which is what the white sox turned down.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So it sounds like Atlanta is preparing to move Olivera to LF full time in 2016. That's obviously not what they were hoping for when they acquired him. I had him pegged to move to LF in 2017 anyways so an earlier transition isn't ideal but also not surprising. The Braves really better hope they hit the lottery with Zach Bird and that draft pick they got, or that trade is going to look pretty bad.
/facepalm

A big chunk of Olivera's value was his bat playing at 2b or even 3b, no? Move that bat to the OF and you probably have Nick Markasis. So the Braves essentially have two Nick Markasis'.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
A big chunk of Olivera's value was his bat playing at 2b or even 3b, no? Move that bat to the OF and you probably have Nick Markasis. So the Braves essentially have two Nick Markasis'.

I think they're hoping he hits better than the level Markakis is at now, but essentially you're right.

At least the farm is good.

Marcos Molina of the Mets will need Tommy John. dude is a young stud starter. most believe he'll be a reliever due to the violent nature of his delivery.

The Arizona Fall League is rocking. Goes until Nov 21. Kinda feel like doing an Arizona trip just to watch a few games. Brooks Pounders goes up there with Rusty Kuntz, Dick Pole and Pete LaCock as one of the great baseball names of all time.

Check out some of these numbers.

Christian Arroyo SS - Giants - 1.107 OPS, .400 AVG, 3 HR, 9 RBI in 11 games

624414.jpg

Gary Sanchez C - Yankees - 1.106 OPS, .339 AVG, 6 HR, 17 RBI in 13 games

ph_596142.jpg

Brooks Pounders P - Royals - 3GS. 0.42 WHIP, 14 Ks, 0 BB

ph_572044.jpg

Phillip Ervin OF - Reds - 8 Steals in 9 attempts, .396 OBP in 11 games

ph_640447.jpg

Adam Lind and Joaquin Benoit are available for trades according to Olney.

I would go after Benoit if I'm the Cubs. Wouldn't be shocked if a team tries him out at closer.

As for Lind I could see the O's being interested as a possible replacement for Davis.

Sanjuro

Those Royals and Gomes and their fans are classless! Parking cars on the side of the interstate... taking flags and flipping mics! Ridiculous.

This is what happens when Royals win. Wake up sheeple!

I have no problem with Gomey. Just reminds me of when the Celtics won in 2008, Scalabrine having his press conference despite not playing a minute. It's good fun, and his quote was great.

It was something like,

10 years from now II could tell people I played.
20 years I tell my kids I was MVP.

JDHarbs

Alex Gordon has declined his player option and is now a free agent.
As expected. He can get a lot more out of the Royals by doing so.

A multi-year deal with KC still seems to be his first choice, but I guess we'll see how high the offers are from other places.

Sanjuro

As expected. He can get a lot more out of the Royals by doing so.

A multi-year deal with KC still seems to be his first choice, but I guess we'll see how high the offers are from other places.

I feel like this offseason is going to be a record low one.

Even Grienke, who will get paid, I think will be not making top dollar.

Top Bottom