• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Malo

Banned
The combination of this being the best free agent class in years, and next year's not looking too good, ensures that crazy money is going to be thrown around.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Hey Mets fans, would you do Kevin Plawecki for Cameron Maybin, $4 million, and one of Connor Lien (very, very good CF defense with some pop) or Dustin Peterson (LF with tools to hit for average and power)?

Mark Bowman is reporting that if Fredi Gonzalez is not retained by the Braves beyond 2016, Mark DeRosa will be one of the leading candidates to replace him.

3N16MA

Banned
Yanks could trade for Prado who is entering his final season with the Marlins. They're paying 27% of his salary in 2016. He still crushes lefties.

See what the Padres want for Tyson Ross.

Sign O'Day to a short contract to bulk up an already good bullpen.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Yanks could trade for Prado who is entering his final season with the Marlins. They're paying 27% of his salary in 2016. He still crushes lefties.

See what the Padres want for Tyson Ross.

Sign O'Day to a short contract to bulk up an already good bullpen.
Banuelos and John Gant for Gary Sanchez.

Hey Mets fans, would you do Kevin Plawecki for Cameron Maybin, $4 million, and one of Connor Lien (very, very good CF defense with some pop) or Dustin Peterson (LF with tools to hit for average and power)?

Fuck yes. In a heartbeat.

Plaw has really solid offensive upside. Good LD hitter with patience, probably a .260-.270 hitter with 15 bombas.

CTBcdNgVEAAQen6.jpg:large

Fenway with no baseball diamond is a sad sight.

rando14

The combination of this being the best free agent class in years, and next year's not looking too good, ensures that crazy money is going to be thrown around.

Since the Mariners are all but out of it, I can sit back and enjoy the mayhem!! :)

Have at it boys *opens a soda

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Chipper would probably make a terrible manager, at least in terms of bullpen and lineup managment. Then again, he would probably be the same as everyone else. I want someone to hire some PHD Harvard person like they do for the GM jobs. See how it goes.
CTBcdNgVEAAQen6.jpg:large

Fenway with no baseball diamond is a sad sight.
didn't realize there was grass under the dirt.

Man this Olivera to the OF stops my fantasy of Soler for Teheran.
Also Billy Beane says they won't trade Sonny Gray. Which of course means that the Sox will get him for pittance.

As expected. He can get a lot more out of the Royals by doing so.

A multi-year deal with KC still seems to be his first choice, but I guess we'll see how high the offers are from other places.

I bet the Royals will offer him six years or something so he can just stay here and retire. He'll be 32 by opening day. That'll take him to 38, and I bet if he gets that offer, he'd be willing to take a bump of only a million to 15m.

Beckx

Pirates declined option on Rahames Liz.

Giants declined option on Nori Aoki. So much for "break a leg, kid!"

Reading comments on the Gordon news, ugh. Idiot fans talking about how greedy Gordon is, how it's all about money now, not like when George Brett played, how $14 million should be enough to play a kids game with his friends.

Sigma722

So far it seems like Royals fans are pretty solid. Maybe I have an altered perspective being one of them. My cardinals fan friend on facebook was making jokes about how royals won't be back for another 30 years, and how the CHAMP hats are ugly. Strange, since I'm pretty sure he ordered a Royals WS on-field cap...

Beckx

Kid.... isn't Aoki like 33 lol

The joke isn't about the age but the, uh, broken leg.

college players making up the rosters?

For the US roster, yes. Japan roster is basically pro All Star team (minus Fujinami and Yanagita), same with South Korea. It's kinda dumb that the US team doesn't pick up the guys who played great in Japan (Brandon Laird, Randy Messenger, Tony Barnette, Kris Johnson, Dennis Sarfate, Miles Mikolas), other countries are picking up their NPB guys (Van Den Hurk will pitch for Netherlands, etc.). The kind of pitching staff they could put together in particular we know would do well against Japan because they did all year.

So far it seems like Royals fans are pretty solid. Maybe I have an altered perspective being one of them. My cardinals fan friend on facebook was making jokes about how royals won't be back for another 30 years, and how the hats are ugly. Strange, since I'm pretty sure he ordered a Royals WS hat...

Psh our hats are ugly? I love the logo design and my extension the design of the Dodgers. Overtly complicated logos blow.

Sigma722

Psh our hats are ugly? I love the logo design and my extension the design of the Dodgers. Overtly complicated logos blow.

He meant the locker room "CHAMP" hats. Sorry, should have mentioned that. I'm going to edit that, cuz I really botched it later when I said he bought one. Derp

The joke isn't about the age but the, uh, broken leg.

For the US roster, yes. Japan roster is basically pro All Star team (minus Fujinami and Yanagita), same with South Korea. It's kinda dumb that the US team doesn't pick up the guys who played great in Japan (Brandon Laird, Randy Messenger, Tony Barnette, Kris Johnson, Dennis Sarfate, Miles Mikolas), other countries are picking up their NPB guys (Van Den Hurk will pitch for Netherlands, etc.). The kind of pitching staff they could put together in particular we know would do well against Japan because they did all year.

thanks ill check this baby out. gotta check out DRs roster see who we sending out there.

He meant the locker room "CHAMP" hats. Sorry, should have mentioned that. I'm going to edit that, cuz I really botched it later when I said he bought one. Derp

Oh. Ha!

Then I agree with him I dont like the Champs hats... Reminds me too much of NFL hats.

I need to buy another KC hat with the emblem on the side designating we are Champions. Kind of went crazy this year on getting the hats for the Post Season.

graffix13

Oh. Ha!

Then I agree with him I dont like the Champs hats... Reminds me too much of NFL hats.

I need to buy another KC hat with the emblem on the side designating we are Champions. Kind of went crazy this year on getting the hats for the Post Season.

Really? I love the champions hats. I like the design much better than last year's.

Speaking of...I really want to get one of those official World Series participant hoodie's. I waited too long to get one last year and now can't find them anywhere. I saw they were selling them at World Series Merchandise stand at the parade on Tuesday, but they were charging $100 for them. Ugh. I bought a World Champions T-shirt instead. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy one soon though before it's too late.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I'd rather the Yankees sign Heyward then have him on the cardinals again.

Top Bottom