• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

I don't know who any of these guys are that we got from Detroit.

Andrew Marchand:

Cashman after Wilson deal: I'm not done

Cessa, 23, was acquired by the Tigers in this past season’s trade with the Mets for outfielder Yoenis Cespedes. He posted a 4.52 ERA between Double-A and Triple-A, and has a 3.68 ERA in five minor-league seasons.

Green, 24, posted a 3.93 ERA in 27 starts with Double-A Erie this past season, with 137 strikeouts in 148 2/3 innings. The Tigers drafted Green in the 11th round of the 2013 MLB draft.

so I don't understand the thinking in trading a decent left-hander who you just acquired last year for two mid level minor leaguers?

Wilson just had a solid season.

maybe he can keep it going? stranger things have happened...

3N16MA

Banned
so I don't understand the thinking in trading a decent left-hander who you just acquired last year for two mid level minor leaguers?

maybe he can keep it going? stranger things have happened...

Perhaps Cash and company think Wilson's production can be replicated with one of the arms they have in house. They can replicate it for less as Wilson is headed into arbitration.

They move Wilson for two near MLB ready arms that will play AAA this upcoming season. Warren is gone and Cash wants SP/long reliever depth in the system that can be called upon. Maybe Mitchell takes that spot or maybe one of Green/Cessa.

zulux21

Lawrie to White Sox.
A's get Wendelken and Erwin

Zachary Erwin seems to have potentional but is still in single a.
wendelken doesn't look interesting.

either way the white sox gave up basically nothing for more options and a small upgrade, so I am alright with this.

if lawrie can return to form from a few years ago it will be a great trade.

Choomp

Banned
I'd say the Mets should go after CarGo, but let's be real. They couldn't afford him.

Same. I really want them to have a big outfield bat like him but it seems unlikely.

Also it sounds like Cabrera is happening. Would be some sort of interesting platoon going on in the middle infield now

My reaction to signing Cabrera and pissing away the rest of our budget:

giphy.gif

I hate this team, sometimes. Like, what the fuck you literally JUST traded for a player with crappy power that can only hit one handedness of pitcher. And Cabrera CAN'T play SS anymore.

This is such a stupid move on so many levels I can't even begin to describe how much it bugs me.

giphy.gif

I hate this team, sometimes. Like, what the fuck you literally JUST traded for a player with crappy power that can only hit one handedness of pitcher. And Cabrera CAN'T play SS anymore.

This is such a stupid move on so many levels I can't even begin to describe how much it bugs me.

Why are you surprised? Mests Mests Mests

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

giphy.gif

Mests are back!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

https://media.giphy.com/media/33pPK7hM6dEUo/giphy.gif[/IM G]

This is such a stupid move on so many levels I can't even begin to describe how much it bugs me.[/QUOTE]

Let's take all the players that can't play SS, and put them on the Mets.

Beckx

Kenta Maeda's posting officially began overnight. Will be interesting to see how quickly things develop. Apparently D-Backs will not be aggressive after the trade.

His posting fee is going to make it rain for Hiroki Kuroda, the Carp are desperate to have him back next year and preparing a 500 million yen (roughly $5M+) offer for 2016.

Malo

Banned
Kenta Maeda's posting officially began overnight. Will be interesting to see how quickly things develop. Apparently D-Backs will not be aggressive after the trade.

His posting fee is going to make it rain for Hiroki Kuroda, the Carp are desperate to have him back next year and preparing a 500 million yen (roughly $5M+) offer for 2016.
Fuck that. We'll give him $15 milllion to come back. I miss Kuroda :/

Beckx

Fuck that. We'll give him $15 milllion to come back. I miss Kuroda :/

He was great this year for the Carp. 40 years old and still got it.

Salary isn't much by US standards but consider the Carp's entire payroll less Kuroda next year is under $20M.

Top Bottom