• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Just want to see the Mets improve their lineup and get some bullpen arms. I don't know if I can deal with an infield of Wilmer Flores and Dilson Herrera next year

Why not? Dilson Herrera is a good 2B prospect and Wilmer is a good player. We need to get a CF, a table setter for the clean-up/three hole, then worry about the BP (which is a crapshoot with signing guys anyway).

Choomp

Banned
Why not? Dilson Herrera is a good 2B prospect and Wilmer is a good player. We need to get a CF, a table setter for the clean-up/three hole, then worry about the BP (which is a crapshoot with signing guys anyway).

I'm still kind of in "win now" mode. If we're definitely rolling with those two then maybe we keep Uribe to try and ease in Herrera and see how that goes. Definitely need a bat this offseason though, either way.

Also, grats to Aramis Ramirez on a great career. I remember liking him back in his Cubbies days

Dude has a sub .300 OBP. That's not good at all and he can't play defense. He's only good for your occasional home run.

Dude has a sub .300 OBP. That's not good at all and he can't play defense. He's only good for your occasional home run.

You can't judge a player who's only 21 on his big league potential based on two cups of major league coffee.

Dude has a .369 OBP in 5 minor league seasons with an OPS of .839 with some pop. Hell, the kid has only played in 81 AAA games.

Derek Jeter's OBP was only .294 when he came up with the Yankees in '95.

You can't judge a player who's only 21 on his big league potential based on two cups of major league coffee.

Dude has a .369 OBP in 5 minor league seasons with an OPS of .839 with some pop. Hell, the kid has only played in 81 AAA games.

Derek Jeter's OBP was only .294 when he came up with the Yankees in '95.

Minor league numbers don't mean shit. And Flores is 24. Derek Jeter had 54 plate appearances his rookie year. Wilmer has a season's worth.

zroid

Banned
We need to keep this streak going where the reigning longest drought holder makes it into the playoffs. Don't let me down, M's.

Most and Least Valuable players of each team according to FanGraphs WAR.

Bryce Harper lead MLB with 9.5 WAR, while Pablo Sandoval and Victor Martinez scrapped the bottom with -2.0 WAR.

Code:
Cardinals (100-62)
Jason Heyward    	 6.0
Pete Kozma 	   	-0.6

Pirates (98-64)
Andrew McCutchen	 5.8
Andrew Lambo	        -0.6

Cubs (97-65)
Jake Arrieta		 7.3
Arismendy Alcantara     -0.4
Jonathan Herrera    

Royals (95-67)
Lorenzo Cain		 6.6
Jeremy Guthrie		-0.9
Omar Infante		

Blue Jays (93-69)
Josh Donaldson		 8.7
Matt Boyd		-0.4
Ryan Tepera			

Dodgers (92-70)
Clayton Kershaw		 8.6
Jim Johnson		-0.3
Brandon McCarthy
Joel Peralta
Chin-hui Tsao		

Mets (90-72)
Jacob deGrom		 5.2
Alex Torres		-0.6

Rangers (88-74)
Adrian Beltre		 4.6
Tanner Scheppers	-0.6

Yankees (87-75)
Michael Pineda		 3.5
Gregorio Petit		-0.6
Jose Pirela			

Astros (86-76)
Dallas Keuchel		 6.1
Robbie Grossman		-0.3

Angels (85-77)
Mike Trout               9.0
Matt Joyce              -1.4

Giants (84-78)
Buster Posey		 5.7 
Jeremy Affeldt		-0.8 

Nationals (83-79)
Bryce Harper		 9.5
Tyler Moore		-0.9 

Twins (83-79)
Brian Dozier 		 3.4
Danny Santana		-1.4

Indians (81-80)
Corey Kluber		 5.5
Mike Aviles		-0.9 

Orioles (81-81)
Manny Machado		 6.8 
Gerardo Parra		-0.8 

Rays (80-82)
Kevin Kiermaier		 5.5
James Loney		-1.3

Diamondbacks (79-83)
Paul Goldschmidt	 7.4
Chris Owings		-1.4

Red Sox (78-84)
Mookie Betts		 4.8 
Pablo Sandoval		-2.0

Mariners (76-86)
Nelson Cruz		 4.8 
James Jones		-1.0

White Sox (76-86)
Chris Sale		 6.2
Adam LaRoche		-1.4

Tigers (74-87)
J.D. Martinez		 5.0
Victor Martinez		-2.0

Padres (74-88)
Tyson Ross		 4.4
Frank Garces		-0.9

Marlins (71-91)
Dee Gordon 		 4.6
Donovan Solano		-1.0

Athletics (68-94)
Sonny Gray		 3.8 
Fernando Abad		-0.7 
Billy Butler		
Craig Gentry

Brewers (68-94)
Ryan Braun		 2.8 
Luis Sardinas		-0.8

Rockies (68-94)
Nolan Arenado		 4.5
Daniel Descalso		-1.1 

Braves (67-95)
Freddie Freeman	         3.4
Shelby Miller
Jonny Gomes		-0.6
Eric Young Jr.		

Reds (64-98)
Joey Votto		 7.4
Brennan Boesch	        -1.4

Phillies (63-99)
Odubel Herrera		 3.9
Cody Asche		-1.1

rando14

Greg Johns ‏@GregJohnsMLB 3m3 minutes ago
Mariners-Rays with 6-player trade: Sea sends Brad Miller, LoMo & Farquhar to TB for RH Nathan Karns, LH CJ Riefenhauser and OF Boog Powell.

Dipoto making moves!!

Wait, Brad miller?? FUCK....!! I thought he had potential, def the type who's gonna break out in TB in a year or two

Man who the hell are we getting back, I dont know none of those

Booger Powell?? I am gonna SHIT

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm too lazy to research all the names in the trade. Someone just tell me which team to laugh at. Is it the Mariners?

Karns is a good pitcher. The Mariners are doing exactly what they need to do, sell on youngish players that aren't playing to potential for long term assets. It's a rebuild.

Rando you guys are fine, Karns was in the ROY race for a long time, Riefenhauser is a throw in, Powell is a 22 Y/O OF in AAA with a nice swing and great speed, he'll be in the majors this year.

It's a nice deal. Karns is the biggest piece and has a ton of potential. Mid-90's heat, knuckle-curve with sweeping action, passable change (seriously the Rays and teaching everybody like 3 change-ups). Nice pitcher. Solid long term #3. Brad Miller will never play in the OF where they're trying to shift him, with Marte and Taylor he has no real value to the Mariners.

Vman

Man, I got tears In my eyes during Torii Hunters retirement speech. Truly a gift to the state of Minnesota. So sad he's done. Hopefully I can post more next season now that the Twins are slightly competitive again.

Man, I got tears In my eyes during Torii Hunters retirement speech. Truly a gift to the state of Minnesota. So sad he's done. Hopefully I can post more next season now that the Twins are slightly competitive again.

Torii Hunter is an asshole bigoted fuckwit.

It needed to be said. The Twins will be good if they get more in that rotation. But Torii Hunter shouldn't ever be celebrated.

Mariners get a starting pitcher, a steroid user and a loogy for a crappy first baseman, a displaced short stop and a reliever who used to be good.

Edit: DiPoto says Karns will immediately go into the Mariners rotation. So unless they pass on Kuma they won't be going after any other starters.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Mariners get a starting pitcher, a steroid user and a loogy for a crappy first baseman, a displaced short stop and a reliever who used to be good.

Edit: DiPoto says Karns will immediately go into the Mariners rotation. So unless they pass on Kuma they won't be going after any other starters.

Are you trying to tell me that in a trade between the Mariners and the Rays, the Mariners... won? What a time to be alive.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Torii Hunter is an asshole bigoted fuckwit.

It needed to be said. The Twins will be good if they get more in that rotation. But Torii Hunter shouldn't ever be celebrated.
Yeah, fuck Torii Hunter forever and ever. I'm glad he's gone so I can watch the team and not feel disgusting about it!

The rotation is awful. They need like 3 pitchers. Too bad they have so much dead money tied up in mediocre starters. They need to say fuck it and sign Zimmerman anyway.

BFIB

I cannot wait for Lambtrons response.

Yeah, fuck Torii Hunter forever and ever. I'm glad he's gone so I can watch the team and not feel disgusting about it!

The rotation is awful. They need like 3 pitchers. Too bad they have so much dead money tied up in mediocre starters. They need to say fuck it and sign Zimmerman anyway.

I still can't believe you guys are relying on Pelf for meaningful innings. That's what doomed you right there.

Vman

Hunters not perfect but to act like he's a horrible person is laughable. Judging from radio interviews on kfan he's seemed to come around on having a gay teammate or at least being respectful.

Hunters not perfect but to act like he's a horrible person is laughable. Judging from radio interviews on kfan he's seemed to come around on having a gay teammate or at least being respectful.

Ignoring his racism against Dominican and LA Black players. Or the time he berated a reporter constantly just for asking him basic questions.

Or what he said about being teammates with a gay player just one year ago.

Why would the Rays waste Nate Kurns for Logan Morrison and Brad Miller? Is this their idea of improving the lineup?

They probably want to try and make Miller into their next 4WAR utl infielder.

Vman

Ignoring his racism against Dominican and LA Black players. Or the time he berated a reporter constantly just for asking him basic questions.

They probably want to try and make Miller into their next 4WAR utl infielder.

That was the dumbest controversy ever. And that reporter is a known asshole.

Vman

Dude. I respect what Murphy did in the playoffs but I still think he's a bigoted idiot.

A player you like is a bigot. Just accept it. Stop trying to justify his bigotry because you like the ballplayer.

I'm not justifying it I'm just saying one bad opinion doesn't wash away every other good thing he's done. He's a bigot but hopefully that changes.

Are you trying to tell me that in a trade between the Mariners and the Rays, the Mariners... won? What a time to be alive.

Well Brad Miller has decent upside as an offensive SS but he has questions about his arm accuracy so who knows. Logan Morrison is nothing and Farquhar hasn't been good in awhile.

I dunno it's not really clearly good for either side.

cashman

Banned
Well Brad Miller has decent upside as an offensive SS but he has questions about his arm accuracy so who knows. Logan Morrison is nothing and Farquhar hasn't been good in awhile.

I dunno it's not really clearly good for either side.

Stop the charade. Brad Miller isn't just the starting shortstop, he could be a future superstar. Not star. Super. Star

Top Bottom