• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

HBP

Papelbon's no-trade list is out:

Athletics
Blue Jays
Brewers
Diamondbacks
Dodgers
Giants
Indians
Marlins
Orioles
Phillies
Pirates
Rangers
Rockies
Tigers
Twins
White Sox
Yankees

As a Royals fan (except for the past two years) we would be on anyone's no trade list, but screw that guy anyway.

The Braves are officially fielding offers for Ender Inciarte. If they can't get what they want for him, they may run with a Swisher/Bourn platoon in LF and keep Hector Olivera at 3B.

The Braves are also "answering the phone" on calls about Nick Markakis, but don't seem to want to move him.

RBH

CWSlHzAXIAAzmwm.jpg

Pete Rose press conference........live from Las Vegas!

Looking forward to reading Frozenprince's son's article on Players' Tribune detailing his childhood.

"Why my dad never loved me: A neoGAF story"

Seriously though kid is too enamored watching Pooh Bear right now to GAF about baseball. This spring we're gonna do pitch and catch and see if he takes too it.

I wonder if his absolutely dreadful performance as a personality during the playoffs had something to do with it. Making fun of Josh Donaldson and essentially calling him a pussy over concussion precaution I can't imagine did him any favors in this era of concussion sensitivity.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I got Giants/Royals/Cards

Why are the Cards grouped there too? I can understand SF and KC lumped together.

Beckx

I got Astros/Diamondbacks too. Must be some lowest common denominator for picking least worst answers. Young talent over trades/FAs, home runs over the others, movie producer because goddamn the other options are awful.

Maeda arrived in Los Angeles today. Reports are that Dodgers, Angels, Astros, Cardinals, Yankees, Padres and Mariners are interested.

Pepiope

I got Astros/Diamondbacks too. Must be some lowest common denominator for picking least worst answers. Young talent over trades/FAs, home runs over the others, movie producer because goddamn the other options are awful.

Maeda arrived in Los Angeles today. Reports are that Dodgers, Angels, Astros, Cardinals, Yankees, Padres and Mariners are interested.
I did not pick 2 of those answers and I still got Astros/Diamondbacks.

The Nationals are in talks to acquire Brandon Phillips from the Reds. Phillips has 2 years and $27 million remaining. Dusty Baker is reportedly the one pushing for it. He managed Phillips from 2008-2013.

BFIB

Ron Darling shitting on Heyward on the MLB Network. Big surprise.
I like how people against the Heyward contract has the argument of "he has to hit 40 HR and drive in 120 to earn that money". Look at every other stat that Heyward brings to the table. He's not a heart of the lineup guy, but he's a solid 2 or 5 hole hitter. But it's his other tools that make him so valuable.

I like how people against the Heyward contract has the argument of "he has to hit 40 HR and drive in 120 to earn that money". Look at every other stat that Heyward brings to the table. He's not a heart of the lineup guy, but he's a solid 2 or 5 hole hitter. But it's his other tools that make him so valuable.

The fact that people cherish offense so much in this dead ball era makes most casual fans blind to the fact that other things can make you valuable.

I mean, most Jays fans know Tulo won't mash like he did at Coors, but we know that when healthy, he is an anchor in the infield.

Ron Darling would be singing a different tune if Heyward became a Met.

Nothing would've made me happier than to watch the Dodgers bounce the Mets out of the playoffs. Hearing Ron weep on air as they packed their bags would be music to my ears. Unfortunately, life is cruel.

Top Bottom