• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

I guess if Chapman misses 45 days of service time this year he's controllable for 2017 as well.

That makes it a pretty good deal, I guess as much of a good thing a scummy situation could be. Considering how unpredictable relievers (especially fireballers like Chapman) are, he might have cost himself a ton of money by (allegedly) being a shitstain.

zulux21

O's and white sox are apparently the favorites to land Yoenis Céspedes

I wonder if the white sox have a buyer willing to pay for Avisail García's potential as it would suck to sell low on a player who looked great before getting hurt and is still working back from getting hurt and should ideally be decent next year.

but ideally decent isn't cespdes or alex gordon thus I wouldn't mind seeing the white sox sign either of them to improve the offense defense.

are there any above average short stops out there on their last year of contract on a team that isn't expected to compete next year that might need an outfielder?

Zips Projections for the Cubbies.
Among position players, the strengths are unsurprising. Kris Bryant, Jason Heyward, and Anthony Rizzo amassed a total of 18 wins between them in 2015. Because negative regression is the rule, and not the exception, with regard to these sorts of star-level performances, ZiPS doesn’t call for an exact repeat of last year’s production. As a trio, however, that group is expected to log around 15 wins. That figure alone would represent a better mark than the overall totals posted by the position players of eight clubs in 2015.
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2016-zips-projections-chicago-cubs/

rando14

Oh that reminds me, did they post it for the Marniners yet...

*reads article

zbaaQS9.gif

Our 1b "Platoon" is projected to put up a grand total 1 WAR *PUUUUUUKE

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Our 1b "Platoon" is projected to put up a grand total 1 WAR *PUUUUUUKE

Mariners gonna Mariner.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14426800/mlb-strange-true-feats-2015

Think it's safe to say the Mariners' catchers were offensively challenged? They hit .159, with a .464 OPS, this year. The Giants' pitchers hit .162, with a .463 OPS. The Mariners used five catchers. They got 86 hits combined. Meanwhile in San Francisco, Buster Posey got 86 hits by the Fourth of July.

So, how have the Mariners addressed that this winter? They signed a catcher who hit .188 (Chris Iannetta) -- and that's an upgrade!

Malvingt2

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
kazmir breakdown: 16M in '16, 16M in '17, 16M in '18. 48M total, with player opt out after 1. #dodgers

kazmir gets $5M signing bonus. with salary technically $11M in 2016. but it still works out to 16-16-16 by year.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I just don't get why they were trying to spend their way into contention when they should have been focusing on internal player development. Dipoto has a lot of work in front of him.

kazmir breakdown: 16M in '16, 16M in '17, 16M in '18. 48M total, with player opt out after 1. #dodgers

kazmir gets $5M signing bonus. with salary technically $11M in 2016. but it still works out to 16-16-16 by year.

That's nothing. That's pocket money to the Doyers.

Maeda finna still go there, watch.

p sure the dodgers are literally the only team in on him but i'm hoping that some team (would probably be yankees) swoops in with a huge bid
I see the DBacks being in on him.
I really wanted him, but I hope the Cubs are saving up that $$$ for a Otani offer after Lackey's contract is done.

Beckx

May he bring the same success to the Dodgers he brought to the Carp. :D

Kidding, I am looking forward to seeing him pitch, barely got to see him at all since he was in the backwards Central.

Top Bottom