• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Well, the Dbacks lineup will match up well against the Dodgers. Goldy and his 1.08 OPS, Tomas .797 and Pollock's .881 against LHP.

Sure these aren't your everyday lefties in LA, but will still be fun to watch. That will be a great opening series.

harSon

Banned
Surprised more people weren't in on Kazmir for 16m AAV.

It's a pretty shitty contract. Kazmir has all the leverage. He can opt out after one year, and considering next year's crop of pitching free agents is pretty terrible - he's in a good position to opt out and jump at a nicer contract if he has a good season. On the flip side, if he under performs or reverts back to his old injury prone ways, you're on the books for 16 million a year.

It's a pretty shitty contract. Kazmir has all the leverage. He can opt out after one year, and considering next year's crop of pitching free agents is pretty terrible - he's in a good position to opt out and jump at a nicer contract if he has a good season. On the flip side, if he under performs or reverts back to his old injury prone ways, you're on the books for 16 million a year.

$16M is chump change to the Dodgers, though.

UraMallas

What choice was there and C? If you look at who was available and what we had to trade, there was no real option besides the two we guys we got. Makes that stupid trade for Trumbo all the more glaring when you realize we traded from a position of need to get a player at a position we already had a surplus. Good riddance, Jack Z.

As far as the Mariners fanbase being miserable... I detect no lies.

Well, the Dbacks lineup will match up well against the Dodgers. Goldy and his 1.08 OPS, Tomas .797 and Pollock's .881 against LHP.

Sure these aren't your everyday lefties in LA, but will still be fun to watch. That will be a great opening series.

dodgers will pee in their pool like they always do

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
An even year is upon us. Congrats on winning the World Series, Giants.

Zz3Q5.gif

rekameohs

Banned

That ain't the opening series. I woulda loved Greinke v. Kershaw opening day. :(

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Domestic abuse is a-okay in yankee land.

He states he didn't choke her but did fire the gun in the garage.

The photos take by police show no signs of redness or bruising, that's why he wasn't arrested.

I question the judgement of acquiring someone unstable enough to fire his weapon 8 times in the garage.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
He states he didn't choke her but did fire the gun in the garage.

The photos take by police show no signs of redness or bruising, that's why he wasn't arrested.

I question the judgement of acquiring someone unstable enough to fire his weapon 8 times in the garage.
Who doesn't pop off a few rounds in the garage when frustrated.

Recompose

Neo Member
interesting that the giants made it clear that they weren't interested in maeda even before samardzija signed
i'd definitely prefer maeda, especially at that price, but that shark upside is still sort of tantalizing, despite being a huge gamble

RBH

Ballpark changes for 2016:

1. This number will be permanently attached to Fenway Park to honor Wade Boggs.

CXpuXVuUMAAgg08.jpg

2. Petco is getting LEDs, moving beach area, & adding a party sun deck

petco-park-renovations-rendering.jpg

3. New LEDs were added to Yankee Stadium and were first used for @PinstripeBowl.

CXpyMJNWAAIHNWF.jpg

4. U.S. Cellular Field is (finally) getting a new video board.

CXpzGxaWEAACJKu.jpg:large

5. Dodger Stadium is (finally) getting a Jackie Robinson statue.

6. #Indians upgrading video board, adding rail seating, and new lounge behind home plate.

CXVTmLlUEAAZYik.jpg

CXp4fU6WAAA6Azq.jpg

7. Rogers Centre will finally have a dirt infield.

8. The #Cardinals are overhauling the video boards at Busch Stadium.

CXp_0rmWkAEeTs1.jpg

9. Wrigley reno. phase 2 including exterior, concourses, & bathrooms
https://twitter.com/MLBcathedrals

RBH

I drove past the Braves' new stadium today on the way back from the airport. Coming along nicely.

(not my picture, but taken recently)

CWh4j70XIAI9RZ7.jpg:large

and looks like it's not a priority of the new management. So, yeah, I don't know.

Hey, it's Shapiro and management's choice that they aren't going through with it. But when they can't get top level free agents to sign because of the turf, then they better not be the ones boo-hooing to the fans. They made their bed in that case.

zroid

Banned
Hey, it's Shapiro and management's choice that they aren't going through with it. But when they can't get top level free agents to sign because of the turf, then they better not be the ones boo-hooing to the fans. They made their bed in that case.

The idea that free agents wouldn't sign because of the turf always seemed like an excuse to me. It may have played some small role, but let's be honest, the real reasons free agents wouldn't sign are (a) fielding a non-competitive team, and (b) not paying competitive rates. Hell, players not wanting to play in Canada because of "customs" (remember that Buehrle quote?) is probably higher up on the list of reasons than artificial turf. If you think putting grass in the dome will be a miracle cure to attract free agents, that's pretty naive imo.

The idea that free agents wouldn't sign because of the turf always seemed like an excuse to me. It may have played some small role, but let's be honest, the real reasons free agents wouldn't sign are (a) fielding a non-competitive team, and (b) not paying competitive rates. Hell, players not wanting to play in Canada because of "customs" (remember that Buehrle quote?) is probably higher up on the list of reasons than artificial turf. If you think putting grass in the dome will be a miracle cure to attract free agents, that's pretty naive imo.

It isn't going to stop all of it, but it certainly will help. And sure, the fact that the Canadian dollar is currently in the tank and will be for an extended period of time, alongside the general volatility of it, is probably the main concern most people have.

Top Bottom