• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Cloudy

Banned
PH Chavez for A-Rod is just so ridiculous. At least Girardi won't be praised as some genius manager for getting lucky since they lost

ZeroRay

Prey on their souls!

fHeXo.gif

Wow, I just asked to prey on their souls, not rip them to shreds.

PH Chavez for A-Rod is just so ridiculous. At least Girardi won't be praised as some genius manager for getting lucky since they lost

Grandy'll still get playing time, though worry not. Although, Gardner can swing now.

I keep replaying that AB by Martin with Gardner on second. All he did was swing for a fucking home run. Total waste of an AB.

FUCK, what a disaster. Gardner fucking better be in tomorrow I'm SICK of swisher. Retardi is stuck on a-rod who at this point is the least of the fucking problem.

zulux21

How can you seriously root for a divisional rival? Aren't you a White Sox fan?

I am indeed a white sox fan lol. As for how I can root for the tigers, well I also like them (i went to college in Michigan and grew to liking them while watching games with my college buddies) If the tigers were facing the white sox I wouldn't remotely be rooting for them though. White sox are gone though and hands down the tigers are leagues better to root for than any other team in the playoffs. I really don't want to see the giants, cards or yankees win, so even if i didn't like the tigers I would likely still be rooting for them.

plus the logic I put up yesterday where the tigers winning the WS would allow my white sox to get a couple thousand extra tickets sold in the season, which every little bit of money helps for a team that can't seem to sell very well anymore.

I can't believe A-Rod is getting pulled from playoff games for his suckage, yet he has FIVE MORE THIRTY MILLION DOLLAR YEARS left on his contract. Worst deal in sports history?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah you probably have to bench Swisher just because he's a fucking idiot. You can't bench Cano even though he needs to be. Actually can we just call up the AAA team?

I can't believe A-Rod is getting pulled from playoff games for his suckage, yet he has FIVE MORE THIRTY MILLION DOLLAR YEARS left on his contract. Worst deal in sports history?

Well when you exaggerate, sure. His salary is actually declining now.

2013 28
2014 25
2015 21
2016 20
2017 20

It's pretty damn bad. We're going to be paying upwards of $10MM for a marginal win. But I do think Howard or Poophol will be worse!

Yeah you probably have to bench Swisher just because he's a fucking idiot. You can't bench Cano even though he needs to be. Actually can we just call up the AAA team?

Well when you exaggerate, sure. His salary is actually declining now.

It's pretty damn bad. We're going to be paying upwards of $10MM for a marginal win. But I do think Howard or Poophol will be worse!

Doesn't he have crazy escalators and bonuses for reaching milestones that are well within reach though? Like 660 home runs which he is just 13 away. That's another $6 million on next years salary.

rando14

Almost all long-term contracts of that nature are terrible deals. Pujols, Tulowitzki, Howard, A-Rod, Tex, etc

EDIT: Oh shit Jeter out for the rest of the year

Top Bottom