• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

There should be an investigation into how an entire team can just suddenly forget how to make contact with a pitch. It's like Lex Luthor or maybe COBRA zapped the entire team with a Weakening Ray as part of some convoluted supervillain plan.

turnbuckle

There should be an investigation into how an entire team can just suddenly forget how to make contact with a pitch. It's like Lex Luthor or maybe COBRA zapped the entire team with a Weakening Ray as part of some convoluted supervillain plan.

Perhaps hitting against the best strikeout team in baseball has something to do with it? Notice the NY bats get more life when Detroit has to use the bullpen. I'm not sure if Detroit managed to set the AL season strikeout record, but they were on pace to late in the season. The Yankees are doing terrible, but the pitching should get a bit more credit.

Macattk15

Lolololololol.

28akex2.jpg.opt.gif

Perhaps hitting against the best strikeout team in baseball has something to do with it? Notice the NY bats get more life when Detroit has to use the bullpen. I'm not sure if Detroit managed to set the AL season strikeout record, but they were on pace to late in the season. The Yankees are doing terrible, but the pitching should get a bit more credit.

Half the team struck their way out through the ALDS too. They wouldn't even be here except for Super Raul. Not taking anything away from Detroits pitching, it's just been going on before this too.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
with the way the yankees normally hit i'm surprised the yankees don't have a all field no hit ss on the roster.

what do the Yankees see in Nunez anyway? there's plenty of guys that can hit and aren't butchers in the field.

The disparity between his hitting and fielding is so great they must figure he's GOT to be capable of being at least "serviceably bad" in the field. He's way worse than your usual stiff old slugger playing 1st. No play is safe with him.

Top Bottom