• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

I think part of it isn't the "series is over" shit, or that even this game is over. It's all the hype around Verlander and how he would dominate the Giants. Easy to see why fans are reveling in him getting knocked around.

<3 Pablo

I'm mostly like this because 99% of everyone chose the Giants to lose the entire series because Verlander would smoke them.

Fjordson

I get that. I turned on ESPN today and it was nothing but Verlander.
Yep, I was hearing that as well. Even on KNBR here in the Bay Area they kept talking about how the Giants might have to "win around" Verlander.

But as you said, still so early. Can't get too comfortable. Especially with how this year's playoffs have gone thus far.

see5harp

Pablo really got going the last few games of the NLCS. Towards the end of the season he had a game where he hit a homer from both sides of the plate. He was just really quiet against the Reds. Glad he's getting streaky, he deserves some success.

see5harp

Huh? 99%? What?

There should be some sort of community voting feature to ban posters from threads

Agreed. I never outright said the Giants would win or lose. Most people picked the Tigers because they have a better starting pitching rotation and better power hitters. There were still many across the country that picked The Giants to win it.

2lcv0gh.gif

Top Bottom