• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Afrikan

Sure it's good baseball

did you ever play that Square Baseball Game that launched with the PS2 I believe.

I swear its animations are still better than sports games of today. Maybe its just memories, but watching those old clips on Gamespot back in the day had me so excited for the PS2 generation, graphics wise.

edit- Gekikuukan Pro Yakyuu: At the End of the Century 1999

gekikuukan-pro-yakyuu-at-the-end-of-the-century-1999-20040711042822111-880557_320w.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ah ok. I never have really followed it, just seen random games.

Don't follow it too much but it's fun

Japanese baseball fans are nuts

did you ever play that Square Baseball Game that launched with the PS2 I believe.

I swear its animations are still better than sports games of today. Maybe its just memories, but watching those old clips on Gamespot back in the day had me so excited for the PS2 generation, graphics wise.

edit- Gekikuukan aPro Yakyuu: At the End of the Century 1999

gekikuukan-pro-yakyuu-at-the-end-of-the-century-1999-20040711042822111-880557_320w.jpg

The PS3 version is fairly dope as well

see5harp

Sorta seems a little fucked up to be that excited. I'm pretty sure the Tigers standing there realize that it's a fair ball lol.

EDIT: Just watched Baseball Tonight. 7 innings of shutout baseball with 8K's described by Shilling as "mediocre at best."

Godbye Tigers?

Since 1997, eight teams have taken a 2-0 lead in the World Series and all have gone on to win a championship.

The 1996 Yankees are the last team to lose the first two games of the Fall Classic and still win the series.

BFIB

Its time for the Tiggers to come back and give the Giants a taste of their own medicine.

But, that probably wont happen and the Giants will sweep.

I wish the media would stop interviewing Delmon Young, guy is a complete douche. Seeing the Tigers without him and Valverde next season puts a smile on my face.

Sorta seems a little fucked up to be that excited. I'm pretty sure the Tigers standing there realize that it's a fair ball lol.

EDIT: Just watched Baseball Tonight. 7 innings of shutout baseball with 8K's described by Shilling as "mediocre at best."

Can't believe ESPN still let that asshole be on the air

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Well, he is right in a way. Madbum managed to get a ton of K's and outs despite not really having great stuff or command. There were several mistake pitches that the Tigers couldn't capitalize on either. Dave Cameron also pointed this out during the Fangraphs live chat.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I wish the media would stop interviewing Delmon Young, guy is a complete douche. Seeing the Tigers without him and Valverde next season puts a smile on my face.
That's ALCS MVP Delmon Young!

I look forward to his next contract so I can laugh and laugh at whatever team signs him.

see5harp

Well, he is right in a way. Madbum managed to get a ton of K's and outs despite not really having great stuff or command. There were several mistake pitches that the Tigers couldn't capitalize on either. Dave Cameron also pointed this out during the Fangraphs live chat.

I think there is a better way of saying his command wasn't there. He did clarify that he didn't want to take anything away from him, but it was mainly the Tigers hitters having an off game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I still don't understand why you don't throw to first as soon as it gets hit. If it rolls foul, the count is still full with a good chance of walking him. If you throw to first you get the out.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/27/s...se-line-plays-weird-role-in-world-series.html

Blanco tried to sacrifice bunt, hoping to merely advance the runners. On a 90-mile-per-hour fastball from Drew Smyly, Blanco’s bunt bounced hard up the third-base line. Smyly, Laird, the catcher, and third baseman Miguel Cabrera converged. The ball landed just inside the line, which is on the dirt just a few inches from grassy infield.

“I can see the spin,” Laird said. “So I’m thinking it’s going to hit and kick foul.”

In the instant of decision-making, Laird considered Blanco’s speed. It might be hard to throw him out, anyway, he thought. He will have two strikes, and we can get him on the next pitch.

“Let it roll,” he called to the others.

Blanco sprinted toward first. He, too, thought he would be headed back to the batter’s box with two strikes.

“As soon as I bunted it, I said, ‘Oh my God, it’s going to go foul,’ ” Blanco said.

The ball landed soft. It hit the edge of the grass, which is usually sloped just enough to nudge balls outward. The ball did not move left. It rolled to an improbable stop in the narrow gap between the grass and the third-base line.

“It was amazing,” Laird said. “I think 9 out of 10 times it might hit that lip and go foul. But it just sat and rolled right on the line. What can you do?”

Never, perhaps, has a World Series crowd so vociferously cheered a stationary ball.

Sanjuro

Because Cabrera is a lazy, terrible third baseman.

I would need to see it again, but I'm pretty sure Cabrera would have had him or at the very least a serious attempt. Laird waddled out like a buffoon and pandered to the dramatics of watching a ball slowly move.

hemtae

I would need to see it again, but I'm pretty sure Cabrera would have had him or at the very least a serious attempt. Laird waddled out like a buffoon and pandered to the dramatics of watching a ball slowly move.

WHO ARE YOU?

Why is everybody shorting their username? Its scaring me.

Top Bottom