• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Tobor

Why is game 1 in Saint Louis? I can't seem to find an easy explanation for this: signal to noise ratio is too low.

Has to do with MLB announcing the new wild card game in march, after the schedule was already made.

Next year it's back to normal.

Why is game 1 in Saint Louis? I can't seem to find an easy explanation for this: signal to noise ratio is too low.

Not sure what you mean?

In order to squeeze in the Wild Card play-in games this year without extending the postseason schedule, they went with a 2-3 format for the Divisional Series this year to eliminate a travel day. It will be back to 2-2-1 next year, thankfully.

Opiate

Not sure what you mean?

In order to squeeze in the Wild Card play-in games this year without extending the postseason schedule, they went with a 2-3 format for the Divisional Series this year to eliminate a travel day. It will be back to 2-2-1 next year, thankfully.

Meaning that it seemed unfair for Saint Louis to get 3 games at home, which they are not. I'm glad to see that the schedule was just rearranged, rather than that some strange process of the new wild card system allowed a team with a worse record to have home field advantage.

eznark

Banned
The never bunt Nationals shit all over themselves when it matters and give away an out. Now they'll lose. Way to go, fuckers.

KevinRo

I fucking hate living in Maryland. I can't ever watch the fucking Ravens on Sunday because of the stupid fucking Redskins.

NOW I CAN'T WATCH THE ORIOLES IN THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE OF TH ESTUPID FUCKING NATIONALS

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I fucking hate living in Maryland. I can't ever watch the fucking Ravens on Sunday because of the stupid fucking Redskins.

NOW I CAN'T WATCH THE ORIOLES IN THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE OF TH ESTUPID FUCKING NATIONALS
it will be on tnt if the nats/cards are still on. it is raining in baltimore right now anyway.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member

Move out of our market.

KevinRo

it will be on tnt if the nats/cards are still on.

Except last time it took 20 minutes. I had to watch the shitty fucking Braves(no offense) on TBS and then they had to switch back and forth between TNT and TBS. It took like 20 minutes just to watch the beginning of the stupid game.

Jubs

21seconds_CA0-articleInline.jpg

This man knows what he's doing.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
lol @ you all saying the bunt didn't matter after the run scored. come on guys. don't be that dumb.

bases loaded, no out and fuck themselves over on two pitches
leaving Scrabble in to face a RH batter

let's get a run here to erase that shitty series of events

eznark

Banned
lol @ you all saying the bunt didn't matter after the run scored. come on guys. don't be that dumb.

To me it's most egregious because the Nationals have made it clear they hate bunting. Seemed like a total cave to "conventional wisdom". Coward move.

Top Bottom