• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Opiate

I'm really glad to see how well DC has adapted to having its own baseball team. Are the Nats popular broadly in DC, or is it a small but dedicated fanbase?

Brashnir

I'm really glad to see how well DC has adapted to having its own baseball team. Are the Nats popular broadly in DC, or is it a small but dedicated fanbase?

It was small but dedicated until last year, but the mainstream is getting into it now.

edit - but just as an illustration, the Redskins' loss is still at the top of the Washington Post's sports page, above the Nats' win. They've still got the real big fanbase in town.

edit 2 - they just switched it. The Nats are at the top now.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
We still have a chance at the series, depending on how well Garcia and Carpenter pitch. But pissing away a golden opportunity to win game 1 sucks. Bad situational hitting (especially that fucking 7th inning) and lousy managing late don't win many close games.

Congrats, Nats GAF.

We should have kept Wainwright in to finish his inning, our pitching got stretched a bit too far and that Kozma error hurt us bad. Tough loss.

We should have kept Wainwright in to finish his inning, our pitching got stretched a bit too far and that Kozma error hurt us bad. Tough loss.
Wainwright was not sharp in his last inning. Have no issues with pulling him in a close game. Mujica did fine. Boggs was ok but that Kozma error was huge. Going to Scrabble to face Moore (instead of sticking with Boggs against Chad fucking Tracy) was a mistake. Allowing Scrabble to face Werth with a runner on second was also a mistake but it worked out.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Wainwright was not sharp in his last inning. Have no issues with pulling him in a close game. Mujica did fine. Boggs was ok but that Kozma error was huge. Going to Scrabble to face Moore (instead of sticking with Boggs against Chad fucking Tracy) was a mistake. Allowing Scrabble to face Werth with a runner on second was also a mistake but it worked out.

Yeah, Chad Tracy looks washed up to me. He's just been fairly lucky this year.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
If the World Series ends up being Cardinals and Yankees, I'm just going to be rooting for the meteor.

We about to make it rain on these Oriole chumps

2333540_o.gif

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Standing to the side of the mound, Mattheus screamed and pumped his fist. He had executed one of the most daring escapes in recent playoff memory.Mattheus had become the first pitcher in postseason history to throw two pitches and complete a full inning.

History! Lol

McNei1y

So I ended up going to the Redskins game since it was a lot of money for the tickets anyway. That was a shitty outcome. Anyway, not the reason I'm posting. I got to watch on my phone for the first four innings. Then listened to two innings in the car on the way home. Then I got to watch the last 3 innings at home. TYLER MOORE IS A FUCKING GOD

Top Bottom