• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Detroit and Texas taking him because it sounds like they have pretty promising prospects. Atlanta swapping Heyward for him doesn't make much sense either. Pittsburgh seems the most plausible one.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I tried to play MLB Front Office Manager today but couldnt create an account to update rosters ;;
I assume rosters are completely outdated anyway though but I wanted to try lol.

Fredi said today the Braves are leaning towards Jack Wilson as the everyday SS while Simmons is out. They still want Pastornicky to convert to a utility player in AAA.

wbsmcs

Does anyone have any info on Strasburg's innings cap? I can't see the Nationals shutting him down if they're in the middle of a play-off race, but I've heard people say that they might because it's not worth it if he is going to blow his arm out at this age.

And if the Pirates do manage do acquire Upton, there may be a power shift in the NL for years to come...

this deal makes sense. and PNC park's different dimensions means that Jason won't be trippin and rattling his brain every time he's playing the outfield.
All seriousness, all it would take for a successful Bay trade is to give the Mets a B- prospect (C even) and a decent reliever. Mets would be willing to pay half Bay's remaining salary; they just want him gone.
Tonight in Tampa, Jason Bay went 0-for-3 with a walk in Single-A St. Lucie’s 4-2 loss to the Tampa Yankees.

Bay played the entire game in left field.

Bay was placed on the seven-day disabled list after sustaining a concussion while diving head first into the left field wall on June 15.

The Braves just announced Ben Sheets will have his contract purchased from AA on Sunday and will start against the Mets.

Fredi did confirm a roster move will be made for Sheets. There were some rumors that since the Braves DL'ed Simmons but didn't make another move that Mike Minor or Randall Delgado would be moved to the bullpen. But one of them will be sent to AAA to make room for Sheets. Another roster move will be made to replace Simmons.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The Braves just announced Ben Sheets will have his contract purchased from AA on Sunday and will start against the Mets.

Fredi did confirm a roster move will be made for Sheets. There were some rumors that since the Braves DL'ed Simmons but didn't make another move that Mike Minor or Randall Delgado would be moved to the bullpen. But one of them will be sent to AAA to make room for Sheets. Another roster move will be made to replace Simmons.
i assume it will be a bullpen arm

eznark

Banned
Didn't they announce Sheets as the starter last week? Could've sworn I read that somewhere.

I'm heading to Nashville tomorrow to watch the Sounds and weep at the state of the Brewers farm system.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Didn't they announce Sheets as the starter last week? Could've sworn I read that somewhere.

I'm heading to Nashville tomorrow to watch the Sounds and weep at the state of the Brewers farm system.
yeah they did.

Malo

Banned
Yankees sign first round pick Ty Hensley.

Thankfully they signed him, I was starting to get some Gerrit Cole flashbacks.

Jayson Stark is reporting the Phillies are about to make a big offer to Cole Hamels. The rumored number is a 6-year, $144 milion deal.

Jon Heyman announced he was, but the Braves corrected that story by saying they weren't going to make a decision until after his bullpen session today.

jakncoke

Banned
The Pirates, one game ahead of second-place Cincinnati, are also hoping to avoid a similar late-season free fall as last year, when they were atop the Central on July 25, before finishing 24 games out.

we finished last season so fucking bad lol

RBH

we finished last season so fucking bad lol

Still feel that this game was the beginning of the end for you guys last year:

ivj2MvSmXztqy.gif

jakncoke

Banned
I was so fucking pissed at that lol

also man giving up taillon and marte seems pretty fuck steep for upton. damn. would really help our offense and i guess one never knows if taillon and marte will ever pan out and upton has performed on the mlb stage. if we are ranked 27th with Taillon and Marte. Wonder if we'd be dead last without them

harSon

Banned
Finally back from my banning so I haven't been able to share just how fucking happy I am with the Bucs this season.

Having said that, I'm kind of against any trade that touches Cole, Marte or Taillon. Upton is the only trade that justifies any of those players considering he's on contract through 2015, but I still don't think he's worth breaking our farm for. I'd rather bring Marte up, bring in some serviceable veterans to sure up our hitting and pitching and hope that our recent offensive upswing maintains for the remainder of the season. Hopefully Tabata gets his head out of his head at some point as well :|

We better not fucking break the bank to rent a player for the remainder of the season.

Halladay made a rehab start at Class A on Thursday. Here's the line:

R.HALLADAY - 3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 0 HR

Halladay will throw a bullpen this weekend and if all goes well, he will return Tuesday against the Dodgers.

TheFatOne

I have never hated a Red Sox team as much as I currently hate this stupid fucking team. I can't wait until the media starts blaming the manager again and this cycle repeats.

eznark

Banned
Sweet! Today's Nashville game was rained out so tomorrow they are playing a double header. My $10 tickets (behind home plate like 10 rows deep...perfecto!) will be good for both games.

I love minor league ball!

turnbuckle

The Tigers are a pretty questionable choice to take him, too. They don't need better hitting. I don't think that list is very good.

Yeah, Castellanos is originally a third baseman but the Tigers have him playing in RF now in AA. It's more than likely that Nick will be flanking Austin Jackson in either LF or RF as early as late 2013. To give up Turner and Castellanos for a talented but inconsistent corner outfielder might be something I could see Dombrowski doing though, considering Mike Illitch (team owner) is clearly pushing to win now before he croaks.

I sure hope such a trade doesn't happen. Our farm system is pretty lackluster outside of those two at the top, and I'm not convinced at all that Upton would be what we need to put us over the top. What we really need is a 2nd baseman or shortstop (I presume Jhonny could take over at 2nd) with a bigger glove than a bat. Cabrera's range is awful at third, but he has good hands and a good arm. If we had a shortstop with any kind of range at all that could offset the problem a bit.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I have never hated a Red Sox team as much as I currently hate this stupid fucking team. I can't wait until the media starts blaming the manager again and this cycle repeats.

I love how the shitheads on the Red Sox team are already trying to throw Bobby under the bus.

Even with all the shit that team has been through with injuries, so called star players playing like scrubs and everything else they are still .500 in the best division in baseball.

And yet no manager is good enough for their egos. I wonder when ownership will realize that its not the managers who are the problems but its the divas in the clubhouse themselves.

turnbuckle

I love how the shitheads on the Red Sox team are already trying to throw Bobby under the bus.

Even with all the shit that team has been through with injuries, so called star players playing like scrubs and everything else they are still .500 in the best division in baseball.

And yet no manager is good enough for their egos. I wonder when ownership will realize that its not the managers who are the problems but its the divas in the clubhouse themselves.

I'm pretty sure ownership / GMs realize this but the combination of the fact that it's a lot easier to replace a manager than a lineup and replacing management gives the perception that the team is moving in a new direction.

In the case of the Red Sox, I think a big part of the problem is with the ownership itself anyways.

clemenx

Banned
Wow, Heaney signed with the Marlins. Appel will look pretty dumb if he doesn't sign unless he goes and post insane numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom