• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
... and? People thought they're lose 95 games this year. They're not supposed to draw.

Also I love Dan Uggla. Keep popping them up, Dan!
are you really arguing the fact that the mets having less fans attending games than the braves is anything but pathetic? Really? New York is like 4 times the size of Atlanta and has public transportation not to mention the mets having basically the same record and a fairly new stadium.

And what does them expecting to lose 95 games have anything to do with it? Do fans look at the standings and say to themselves, oh look the mets are doing great this season, if only they were predicted to win a lot of games i would go even though they are.

are you really arguing the fact that the mets having less fans attending games than the braves is anything but pathetic? Really? New York is like 4 times the size of Atlanta and has public transportation not to mention the mets having basically the same record and a fairly new stadium.
... I'm sorry, did you not pay attention to the team the last 3 years? The injuries? Distrust of management? Madoff scandal? The only star being Wright? Reyes (a huge fan favorite) going to Florida?

Season Ticket sales were way down, and no one thought the team would be anywhere near .500. Mets did a tremendous job of getting the fans back. Over the last 2 months the fans actually believe in the team, but do you know the things the Mets have had to do to entice the fans to come back? The 2 for 1 ticket giveaways? Free T-Shirt Tuesdays? Random ticket giveaways for $5.70?

Now, let's compare that to a team that was one out away from the Playoffs, and was expected to win the division.

CAPTAIN KIRK!

captainkirkmets.png

Two run single! Mets getting back into the game, 5-3 Braves.

Dammit gotta lay off that high fastball Jordany... Tejada batting now.

EDIT: I gotta say for people complaining about the zone now, I didn't see you complaining when Young was getting squeezed in the 1st. The zone has been almost consistently small.

So now Miguel Batista just to hold the fort for 2-3 innings...

fuck.

EDIT: Lucas Duda can not be the right fielder longterm on this team. His reaction are too slow and he doesn't read jumps that well.

Four pitch walk to Jason Heyward. 1st and 3rd, Larry Jones batting. Batista has horrible numbers vs. Jones.

... just walk him intentionally. This will not end well unless Miguel throws more curves.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It's absolutely mind boggling how shitty they are with runners on base unless there's two outs. I had absolutely 0 faith in either Scotty or Kirk to do anything but swing at air.
The predictability of their shortcomings is what makes it so damn frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom